The Great Tree Forum Index The Great Tree
still kickin'

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Poster ListPoster List   Member ListMember List  UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Links:   great tree   uru live   uru obsession   drc site  

Documentaries:    learn the story of the great tree

Episode Three - "Sides are Chosen"
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Great Tree Forum Index -> The Story of The Great Tree
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rils
Great Tree Member
Great Tree Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Prof wrote:
11/25 - This one looks to be a biggie so I'll quote my original synopsis: "This conversation takes place on November 25, 2003 between 22:49 and 22:57 Cavern time. Brian Fioca speaks with some Explorers on behalf of Douglas Sharper regarding a possible action against the DRC and a general caution where Jeff Zandi is concerned."

ooo, is this the big secret one that's been censored all these years and will now finally be brought out into the light for all to see and revel in it's anarchistic glory?! Shocked
Great Tree Member
Great Tree Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it is, then no. Laughing
Durin Mephit
Great Tree Officer
Great Tree Officer

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Professor, none of those chat logs are missing; you don't need to reupload them. They were all shifted to the "Unused" category at the bottom of the proposed schedule of episodes. I mentioned this already but you may have missed my reply, seeing that the first half of my message was addressed to Moiety Jean. Smile

Marten wrote:
Use this post for which chat logs go with which episodes.

http://www.thegreattree.com/bbs/viewtopic.php?p=9744#9744

Professor Askew wrote:
Marten, I've already printed that page and added it to my resource book/links. But, I would still like the opportunity to see ALL the chat logs at a glance and I'm not finding them on the site.

Marten wrote:
Professor,

That post has them ALL. Every one I could find on this website when I went looking on August 12. All of the chat logs not assigned to episodes are bundled under "(unused)" at the bottom of the list.

I really don't want to revisit the scene selection at this point. It's hard to let go of some things... it's like going through the attic for an attic sale, and deciding that everything you were going to sell is too precious and dear to part with. We have to draw lines somewhere. Cycreim was very helpful in suggesting what we could cut and what we should retain. I feel like we've had enough time now to consider those cuts for content, and that we should be comfortable moving on without them now. I hope everyone else agrees.
Durin Mephit
Great Tree Officer
Great Tree Officer

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I need to know:

#1Who is available to attend the rescheduling of Episode 2 part 2 filming, at 10AM Pacific (11 Mountain, 1 Eastern), immediately following the Round Table #1 Public Event on Sunday, September 10?

#2Who is available to do filming on the Great Tree shard as various DRC members (we'll get costumes from Ashtar) on the night of Friday, September 22?
Cycreim
Great Tree Officer
Great Tree Officer

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marten wrote:
I need to know:

#1Who is available to attend the rescheduling of Episode 2 part 2 filming, at 10AM Pacific (11 Mountain, 1 Eastern), immediately following the Round Table #1 Public Event on Sunday, September 10?

#2Who is available to do filming on the Great Tree shard as various DRC members (we'll get costumes from Ashtar) on the night of Friday, September 22?

I'm available both days right now, with surface duties being my priority if anything comes up.
Durin Mephit
Great Tree Officer
Great Tree Officer

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am announcing the Sunday shooting time now.
Professor Askew
Great Tree Member
Great Tree Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, everyone, here's a look at the EPISODE TWO script. It's a little faster paced, I think, than the previous episodes, with a little more meat. Enjoy!

NOTE to Moiety Jean: There were some structural changes to this script that impact the Episode Three script a little bit. I will post said changes in the Ep 3 thread.
ireenquench
Explorer
Explorer

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just dropping to say I'm sorry about the overlap of the glyphtour that day, wasn't prechecking forums close enough before we nailed down the time.
Professor Askew
Great Tree Member
Great Tree Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't be silly, ireen. You're so silly! Isn't she silly?
Durin Mephit
Great Tree Officer
Great Tree Officer

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ireen is being very silly! The Bahro Glyph tours were announced first. It was my mistake entirely.
Durin Mephit
Great Tree Officer
Great Tree Officer

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK... one thing I'm thinking about for this episode is having a little broadcast logo in the corner during the sit-in scenes, something like "EchoCam" or "Echo TV". That will help tie those scenes together.

Does anyone have a copy of the original Echo logo?
Professor Askew
Great Tree Member
Great Tree Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marten wrote:
OK... one thing I'm thinking about for this episode is having a little broadcast logo in the corner during the sit-in scenes, something like "EchoCam" or "Echo TV". That will help tie those scenes together.

Great idea.
Cycreim
Great Tree Officer
Great Tree Officer

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, 11:30 AM EDT here on the surface.

Barring emergencies like power failures, nothing will prevent me from being there for filming at 1 EDT. Smile
Moiety Jean
First Lady of the Great Tree

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had hoped we'd be able to assist with the filming for this episode, but my computer is not cooperating.
Seems that sooner or later, depending on the number of other avatars in the area, Until Uru on this computer will crash, and hard. It takes no less than ten minutes for the system to recover from having to force-quit Uru due to being unable to reach or dismiss the error message Uru calls up.

I already tried turning down or off my sounds, and turning my graphics down. Guess it doesn't make a difference. If there are a group of people around, and anyone is doing anything, I'll crash out.

This is very frustrating, needless to say. I'm guessing this has something to do with the memory problems discussed in a forum Marten linked us to somewhere, but I don't know what to do about it other than wait for Live to come out and hope it has dealt with the issue.

We might be able to help with filming in very small groups, but for large groups it doesn't seem that you'll be able to get much out of us.. Sad

[Moiety Jean is sad. ::sniff::]

KI#44727
"There is a certain beautiful danger when a group of geeks get together to entertain themselves." ~Orin Drake
Moiety Jean

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow... just tried again to jump into the filming on D'mala, after closing all applications and restarting.

Took me four minutes to get all signed in and in the city. The instant I walked into the crowd (21 people?) at the stair landing, I crashed.

This is just amazing. I'm not sure why I was able to survive in the End of Live party in the UO hood, when there were at least 40 people at any time.

Sorry, guys... Crying or Very sad

KI#44727
"There is a certain beautiful danger when a group of geeks get together to entertain themselves." ~Orin Drake
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Great Tree Forum Index -> The Story of The Great Tree All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 3 of 11

Jump to: