The Great Tree Forum Index The Great Tree
still kickin'

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Poster ListPoster List   Member ListMember List  UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Links:   great tree   uru live   uru obsession   drc site  

Documentaries:    learn the story of the great tree

Episode Three - "Sides are Chosen"
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Great Tree Forum Index -> The Story of The Great Tree
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cycreim
Great Tree Officer
Great Tree Officer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can be there all day as an extra and as Laxman. Who's being the other DRC members?
Rils
Great Tree Member
Great Tree Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry guys, I'm out for this one. I'm in the middle of moving and my new place doesn't have internet access yet. That'll be fixed soon, but probly not by saturday. Have fun!

~Rils
First Lady of the Great Tree

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In scenes where you don't need Brian, we could probably stand in an extra. We only have the one until-uru-capable computer right now.

I should note that my characters on D'mala tend to crash a lot. Maybe it's that memory thing, and therefore having everyone sitting would increase the chances of me crashing. I'll try my best though.

KI#44727
"There is a certain beautiful danger when a group of geeks get together to entertain themselves." ~Orin Drake
Durin Mephit
Great Tree Officer
Great Tree Officer

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have posted an update to the various forums... forii... whatever. It reads:

UPDATE * UPDATE * UPDATE

I understand that the filming schedule above overlaps with the planned time for Bahro Glyph tours - intermediate. I will attempt to wrap filming of Part II in time so that people are free to leave for the Glyph tours. A two-hour window is allocated primarily in case of technical difficulties. If you wish to attend but need to leave early, feel free to do so. Participation in this project is entirely voluntary.

Speaking of technical difficulties, D'mala has been malfunctioning again. Greydragon has just given it a theraputic nudge. If the problem returns again and persists into the weekend, then Saturday filming will be rescheduled. But hopefully all will work out!
Cycreim
Great Tree Officer
Great Tree Officer

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the record,

The actors in part 1 (the 'hood) were:

Dalken Starbyne
Daedalus
janaba1
Pene
jahura.
UberThend (Thend)

and Marten as Douglas Sharper
Durin Mephit
Great Tree Officer
Great Tree Officer

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have a bigger overlap with the glyph tour than I expected. I didn't realize the tour started at noon pacific (for some reason, I thought it was at 2pm cavern and therefore one hour after our part II started. Don't ask me where I got that from.... it must have been a dream).

Anyway, the conflict resulted in insufficent attendance for Part II. We're still on for Part III at 2pm Pacific. I'll film Part II on another day.

I need to hire someone to check the forums for events like the glyph tours and help me steer away from conflicts. Who is interested in this job position?
Moiety Jean

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

we can be available anytime until 3 pm. I'm stationed at the compy now, so let me know if you'd like us to go to the cavern. Smile

Keep in mind only one of us can be on at a time right now. If you need Brian, I can't be an extra.. but I'll be glad to help if you need to film something else while we wait. I'm not doing the glyph tour.

KI#44727
"There is a certain beautiful danger when a group of geeks get together to entertain themselves." ~Orin Drake
Moiety Jean

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anyone started anything on a script for Episode 2 yet? If not, I'm going to start stabbing at it.

KI#44727
Moiety Jean

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Triple post!

Hang on a sec... we're filming episode 2 today, so you guys must have some sort of script, right? Where is it? Or are you filming from the chat logs?

Somebody put me to work!!! Razz

::gophers in the interim, fetching Marten a cool, soothing drink for his stress and seating him in a comfy folding chair::

KI#44727
Durin Mephit
Great Tree Officer
Great Tree Officer

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We're filming from the chat logs, because Professor Askew didn't finish the Ep 2 script, because his work on Ep 0 took longer than anticipated, because we were so critical of his work.

But that's OK.

Could you please look at the content for Episode 3?

I'll be looking for Brian in Ae'gura at 2pm Pacific. Smile
Moiety Jean

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Episode 3 it is. We don't have a thread for it yet, so I'm assuming we haven't selected chat logs yet for Episode 3. I'm going to make a new thread.

KI#44727
brian
Fearless Leader
Fearless Leader

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi! Sorry I crashed out, but it was good timing anyway, we're off to the concert. But I'll be available tomorrow and Monday for some closeups if necessary.

Great stuff, Marten.

Durin Mephit
Great Tree Officer
Great Tree Officer

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There will be some additional Episode 2 filming on the Great Tree shard, but not this weekend. I still have a lot of work to do on Episode 1 so that's my focus now. I can review the Ep 2 footage later and we'll fill in things like the all-important jacket.
Daedalus
Overseer / Architect
Overseer / Architect

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was strangely nostalgic.

Can't wait to see it.
Professor Askew
Great Tree Member
Great Tree Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, I was able to locate some of the "missing" chat logs. Not sure why I can't find them on the site anymore. I guess I'll upload them somewhere when I get the chance.

So, there are four additional chat logs that could pertain to Epi 2:

11/24 - Terra finds Phil in Eder Kemo. There's some good stuff there.
11/24 - Sharper has a discussion with Explorers in one of the Hoods. I haven't reread this one yet.
11/25 - Sharper in the City with Explorers and Michael Engberg drops by. I haven't reread this one yet, either, but I wouldn't be surprised if there isn't some usable stuff in that one.
11/25 - This one looks to be a biggie so I'll quote my original synopsis: "This conversation takes place on November 25, 2003 between 22:49 and 22:57 Cavern time. Brian Fioca speaks with some Explorers on behalf of Douglas Sharper regarding a possible action against the DRC and a general caution where Jeff Zandi is concerned."

This could impact the scripts....but in a good way. Obviously, Brian's discussion leads to the sit-in that takes place four days later. Actually, I'm getting an idea....let me whip up the script for tonight and let's see where it takes us.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Great Tree Forum Index -> The Story of The Great Tree All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 2 of 11

Jump to: