The Great Tree Forum Index The Great Tree
still kickin'

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Poster ListPoster List   Member ListMember List  UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Links:   great tree   uru live   uru obsession   drc site  

Documentaries:    learn the story of the great tree

MYST Dreams
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kyven
Great Tree Member
Great Tree Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2004 10:40 pm    Post subject: MYST Dreams Reply with quote

In the past two weeks I've had three MYST related dreams.

In the first one, last saturday, I was walking around Kadish, in the area after the light puzzle. As I got to the arch/frame, instead of leading to the forest, there was a lake with a small island.

The second one, wednesday, I was in Tomahna and used the Releeshan book. I linked onto a metal platform that went to my left and to my right, in front of me, and separated by water, was a large mass of rust colored land. I went to my right and came to a monolithic building. Inside were all sorts of weird devices and machines.

Finally Just last night, I dreamt that while playing Uru a message popped up saying that I had a virus named "Urúirl". My computer then proceeded to delete all of my Uru files.

Weird. Confused

Anybody else have MYST-y dreams?
Professor Askew
Great Tree Member
Great Tree Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2004 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I spend too much of my waking life thinking about Uru and Myst. I save my sleep for sleep. I hate dreaming...it means I haven't gotten my rest. So, I've trained myself to ignore them. However, and this is important, I dream a LOT while I'm awake. So, I'm not deprived. Very Happy
taniith
Great Tree Member
Great Tree Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2004 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I almost never remember my dreams, but while live was up I had 2 or 3 dreams about it's potential future. The only one I remember was linking to noloben (sp?). It had fences/walls everwhere along with books, often linking to the other side of the fence they were nect to. Also, there were many relto pages, some of which were drawn in the sand/rock and required me to draw them onto pages a,d then put them in. I bet I could rant about this dream for a while, but i'm guessing that I should stop about now....

I tend to rant.
Trahald
Great Tree Member
Great Tree Member

Location: Milky Way:Sol System:Earth:North America:USA:Ohio:Cincinnati

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2004 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last night, I had this strange dream about an island that seemed to combine Myst (with the library), Riven (with the fissure halfway down the island), Myst III (oddly enough, it was like I was playing the Mst games slideshow style, and suddenly, I was able to rotate the camera. Like Exile), and Teledahn (There was a room with the same music as that place where you first link in. and it was filled with water. But all the way to the open top.)
Zen-17
Veteran Explorer
Veteran Explorer

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2004 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had many dreams about Myst, though I remember one in particular more than the others.

I was on a desert pool. The pool was vast, and located in a hidden canyon in rocky desert terrain. The water of the pool was crystal blue, like the waters depicted in the book Lechuguilla: Jewel of the Underground.. It was night, and there were no stars in the sky. The air was cool. There was no breeze. The water was still, except for the disturbances caused by my underwater presence. A small wooden fishing canoe rested on the surface of the water. I dove into the pool in my wetsuit. The water was very cold. I went down to the bottom of the pool. The pool was about fifteen feet deep. The bottom held scattered sharp, red-hued rocks. I sank to the bottom and looked around.

Off to my left, against the cliff face--the pool was surrounded on two sides by cliff wall--was a small opening, which appeared to be filled with water. I went toward it. I went through it, and then came out of the water. I was in a small cave. The cave was dark. It appeared accessible only through this small pocket in the cliff wall. I went back down, then out, and back into the boat. I went back to shore, where there were at least a hundred people. The people were in tents, or huddled around fires, and some held torches. I climbed up onto shore and someone came up to me, I forget who. I told that person that I had found it.

Although I don't think I ever mentioned the name in the dream, this was D'ni that we had found, of course.
Mystlander
Great Tree Member
Great Tree Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2004 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When we sleep, we are all children. The cares of the world are cast off like laundry. And our heads become much lighter to bear, like the first helium balloon we lost, being so captivated that our grip became loose. And in our sorrow we rise with it, slipping from thought to thought to pillow.
URU Live KI #: 50911 MOULa KI #11697212
NSymon
Friend of The Great Tree
Friend of The Great Tree

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2004 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had a couple of Uru related dreams. The one I remember most vividly was that I was in a cave and it was twisting and turning in all directions and the rock was different shades of brown and yellow like a mosiac. I think I was on my own but I was talking to people via the KI telling people what I could see, and I was looking for a journey cloth but couldn't find it.
Zen-17
Veteran Explorer
Veteran Explorer

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2004 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mystlander wrote:
When we sleep, we are all children. The cares of the world are cast off like laundry. And our heads become much lighter to bear, like the first helium balloon we lost, being so captivated that our grip became loose. And in our sorrow we rise with it, slipping from thought to thought to pillow.

I don't know about that. My dreams often involve complex characters and situations and ethical dilemmas and feelings of anger and helplessness. I think when you're closest to waking, your dreams are often 'lighter', though.
Tehl Nava
Banned
Banned

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2004 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mystlander wrote:

A noble sentiment, though not oft true.
Friend of The Great Tree
Friend of The Great Tree

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I had an interesting dream last night and I dreamt about a Myst mini-series titled 'Myst 1'. I remember seeing that title as if advertised on a poster and there were some characters that I couldn't quite make out. I think things were getting a little mixed up, the linking books I saw were called 'The Book of China' Confused Very weird and interesting Laughing
Professor Askew
Great Tree Member
Great Tree Member

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dr. Freud: "You have a strong desire to travel without paying a fee."
brian
Fearless Leader
Fearless Leader

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't had any in a while, but back when I was playing URU 12-14 hours a day I had plenty.

They usually involved walking around inside the cavern and talking to people.

The interesting thing was, I found that I couldn't hear what they were saying unless I looked up at the words scrolling above their heads. Cool

Jaharen
Great Tree Member
Great Tree Member

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

brian wrote:
I haven't had any in a while, but back when I was playing URU 12-14 hours a day I had plenty.

They usually involved walking around inside the cavern and talking to people.

The interesting thing was, I found that I couldn't hear what they were saying unless I looked up at the words scrolling above their heads. Cool

Shocked ... LOL Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
MOULa KI: #10750831
Daedalus
Overseer / Architect
Overseer / Architect

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Strangely enough, before realMyst was released, I had a dream that the rocketship walkway had a hidden door in one of its nodes. Talk about scary when the Rime passage appeared there.

But I've always said that you haven't reached *true* Myst fandom until you've had the "I met Rand Miller" dream. It's a sign that you're paying too much attention to the series as a whole, and probably need to go outside and get fresh air. Wink I don't know whether I would be flattered or horrified to find out people are having fandom dreams about me. Shocked
Professor Askew
Great Tree Member
Great Tree Member

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMG....... Confused I think I've had that dream but I filed it away out of sheer....concern. Flattered or horrified? I'm sure it's some of both. LOL.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Great Tree Forum Index -> The Cavern All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: