The Great Tree Forum Index The Great Tree
still kickin'

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Poster ListPoster List   Member ListMember List  UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Links:   great tree   uru live   uru obsession   drc site  

Documentaries:    learn the story of the great tree

Great Tree Explorers Club
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ghaelen
Veteran Explorer
Veteran Explorer

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is sounding like it might turn into a very nice way to "wander" and "wonder" and, oh yes, explore, too... /laugh

I'm actually starting to think I might enjoy a group thing.

Off! (Like a herd of turtles)

"And there they go..... Just look at them exploring..... gazing..... discussing....

There goes one, off to the left, and another, to the....no, turned back to look again...no, stopped to check something out....another come over and, wow! the text chat is really racing now.... Which one will get to the end...middle.....beginning? It's a group huddle now..... Is there a beginning....end......? Will they ever stop asking questions?"
Professor Askew
Great Tree Member
Great Tree Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Laughing Laughing

EXACTLY!!
janaba1
Great Tree Member
Great Tree Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ooohhh..., that inspires my imagination a lot, ghaelen Very Happy
i am very much excited looking forward to that time...

jana Razz
Mystlander
Great Tree Member
Great Tree Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ghaelen wrote:
This is sounding like it might turn into a very nice way to "wander" and "wonder" and, oh yes, explore, too... /laugh

I'm actually starting to think I might enjoy a group thing.

Off! (Like a herd of turtles)

"And there they go..... Just look at them exploring..... gazing..... discussing....

There goes one, off to the left, and another, to the....no, turned back to look again...no, stopped to check something out....another come over and, wow! the text chat is really racing now.... Which one will get to the end...middle.....beginning? It's a group huddle now..... Is there a beginning....end......? Will they ever stop asking questions?"

Couldn't have stated it better myself! So, when does this "turtle dance" begin? I'd like to bring some grog to slow the Professor down... Wink
URU Live KI #: 50911 MOULa KI #11697212
Rils
Great Tree Member
Great Tree Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mystlander wrote:
I'd like to bring some grog to slow the Professor down... Wink

Heh, it's gonna take more than that! Twisted Evil
Great Tree Member
Great Tree Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh, rils, Razz

nice to have an advisor.
what it will gonna take us?

please, be so kind to tell us, so that we will be well-prepared Wink

jana Smile
ghaelen
Veteran Explorer
Veteran Explorer

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dum dee dum... Hey, look....

Looks like the Turtles have gathered at the gate. There they are. All of them. Wow. It looks like it's going to be quite a crowd. Look at them... all those... um.... oh....

shells....

Huh. A crowd of shells. Well. OK.

Oh, wait! now look! there comes a foot. And a leg. I see a turtle toe. And there's another. -- look, a nose is peeking out. And a head! Hey, eyes are blinking.

Something must be happening, something BIG!

Could it be the Cavern is about to re-open? LIVE? It must be.

Gotta be.

All those stirring Turtles can't be wrong.

Last edited by ghaelen on Thu Nov 16, 2006 11:32 am; edited 1 time in total
Professor Askew
Great Tree Member
Great Tree Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL. Thanks for the wake-up call, ghaelen!!

The Cavern will officially re-open in approximately five weeks so we might as well begin gathering up members of The Great Tree Explorer's Club. We know from this thread who's interested. Now we should discuss availability.

I am technically available during the following time slots:

Monday - Friday 7:00PM - Midnight (Eastern Standard Time)
Saturday/Sunday - 9:00AM - Midnight (Eastern Standard Time)

This is a lot of time to choose from. Of course, I won't be in the Cavern anywhere near this amount of time. I am simply demonstrating my flexibility when it comes time to partner up with other Explorers.

For myself, I would like to participate in a group perhaps once or twice a week for a couple of hours each. (Still too early to tell how this will play out.) That will leave me plenty of time for extraCavern activities and Great Tree business.

I believe the Explorer's Club members/sub-groups should meet on a recurring schedule so it's a no-brainer. For example, Group A might meet every Monday night for three hours. Group B might meet every Saturday morning, and so on.

Let's say Group A meets up on a Monday night and spends three hours exploring. There's five people in the group. Midnight comes and two of the five want to continue exploring. What do we do in cases like these? Obviously the two people who continue will be far ahead at the next get-together. So, how do we want this to work? Can it work?

Please keep in mind that I'm not trying to kill the spontaneity of exploration. Not at all. Please read my previous poasts in this thread as a reminder. I'm very interested in the idea of exploring in teams. And our first team effort, for those interested, will be to figure out how it can be done.

MAYBE, instead of assigning PEOPLE to time slots...we poast the time slots in advance and what kind of ground we hope to cover in that time slot and anyone one who wants to join that tour can do so. That might work.

So, list your availabilty and please add your two cents to the discussion. Time is running out........Yay!
Mystlander
Great Tree Member
Great Tree Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm available anytime, anywhere... so let's put on some music and get this turtle dance started... Woot!
URU Live KI #: 50911 MOULa KI #11697212
ghaelen
Veteran Explorer
Veteran Explorer

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh Professor, I wasn't actually implying that anyone WASN'T doing anything. I was making fun of my own turtl-y self, lol.

Having said that, I am also available any time Fridays, Saturday afternoons, and Sunday afternoons-evenings. Two hour explorations sound like just the right amount of time.

I have a suggestion that is much like Prof. Askew's latter one. We use this for our Latin reading group. (I mean, D'ni readings)

Someone decides they want to read some Latin, er, D'ni. That person gets some copies of passages together, and lets everyone know "I'll be at the corner cafe at 3pm on Tuesday, every Tuesday, for 2 hours" Every Tuesday means that for at least three weeks in a row that person will be there at that time during those two hours barring accidents, near-death illnesses, tornados or blizzard conditions. Smile

Some one else might decide they can meet at another time, too. They tell everyone when and where to go for that one.

Anyone interested in reading goes to the meeting they can get to. They know that for at least the first three weeks they will not end up there alone. (Assume that we are ALL always interested and do our best to get to every meeting there is, cuz we LOVE reading Latin, er, D'ni. Smile )

After the first three weeks, if the meeting-caller can't make it for some reason, the meeting still takes place because everyone knows when and where to go. Sometimes everyone shows up. Sometimes only one person shows up and reads D'ni, er solves puzzles, themselves. They tease the rest of us mercilessly and tell us what we missed. (They stop at the allotted time and so don't get very far, anyway.) The next time we we meet we buy them coffee, or other, apologize and pick up where they left off.

Since there is a lot of D'ni out there to read/do/solve, those interested in reading faster can work on something else. The group gets into a pace, and moves forward a lot or a little. We don't worry about skill level or cleverness, and the pace is less important than the dynamics of group discussion. Fun, comraderie, and the exchange of knowledge is the goal. We've done it every semester, er, "age" for years and I'm certain when I'm gone the tradition will continue. Laughing
dcos
Great Tree Member
Great Tree Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm interested very interested in joining in but somehow missed this thread!
I'm very flexible. So will try my darndest to make any meets anyone posts. Work allowing Very Happy

Can't really poast availability cause I only get my shifts a week in advance and they are late night since I work in a bar. Actually a spot of Uruing after work might not be that bad and would probably put me on the same time scale as you guys.
Rils
Great Tree Member
Great Tree Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeeah yeeah, Dan gets to come along!

So if we're goin at, say... 8 pm PST, that's sumthin like 4 am for you, so with the barkeeping/college student combo, that's just about perfect for you eh? Wink
Overseer / Architect
Overseer / Architect

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rils wrote:
yeeah yeeah, Dan gets to come along!

So if we're goin at, say... 8 pm PST, that's sumthin like 4 am for you, so with the barkeeping/college student combo, that's just about perfect for you eh? Wink

Yes 8PM is far too early PST. I demand 4AM PST!

... Oh! You were talking to the other Dan in college with the crazy work schedule and long hours. Myyy mistake.

Wink
Saxy
Community Orchestrator
Community Orchestrator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My availability (subject to change at the start of 2007):

Tuesday-Thursday, 7 PM - 10 PM Pacific
Friday, 7 PM - 3 AM Pacific (You know it's true.)
Saturday & Sunday, whenever depending on weekend plans

I'll add my 2¢ later.

Not all who wander are lost... (MJ fixed my sig!)
KI: 38931
Rils
Great Tree Member
Great Tree Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Daedalus wrote:
... Oh! You were talking to the other Dan in college with the crazy work schedule and long hours. Myyy mistake.

he he, oops, yeah, I keep forgetting there's two of you Dan type people around here... Shocked I always amuses me to no end how much you can know and interact and be friends with people online that you have never met actually met... Some people don't understand that, but I say doody on them!

~Rils
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Great Tree Forum Index -> Neighborhood All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: