The Great Tree Forum Index The Great Tree
still kickin'

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Poster ListPoster List   Member ListMember List  UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Links:   great tree   uru live   uru obsession   drc site  

Documentaries:    learn the story of the great tree

Episode One - "November 2003"
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13, 14, 15  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Great Tree Forum Index -> The Story of The Great Tree
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Professor Askew
Great Tree Member
Great Tree Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sure this is fine, Marten. Especially since all the "dialogue" goes in after the fact. We just have to make sure we capture plenty of film for the editing.
Durin Mephit
Great Tree Officer
Great Tree Officer

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've updated the file with some additional edits.

The main thing I'm trying to do is strike a good balance between characters standing around looking static, and too many repetitive motions... so I've sprinkled a few emotes (but only a few) here and there into the script. The script itself is fine, and I'm sure some additional ideas will come up when filming, but I find it's easiest to try to brainstorm ahead of filming about specific shots we might want to capture - in this case, a person waving, another person pointing, etc.
Professor Askew
Great Tree Member
Great Tree Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UPDATE:

Well, my surface commitment ended up being a 15-hour day and so obviously no filming was done. I apologize to both Cycreim and Zardoz for missing our target and to anyone else who planned on showing up.

I will send out PMs to both C & Z to reschedule and I will post the updated date and time here.

Marten, thanks for the updated script, I will look it over this afternoon. Will you be available for filming next week? Let us know.

By the way, I would really love to get Episode One in the can in time for Mysterium.
Bogardan Mage
Explorer
Explorer

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marten wrote:
Editorial - Phil had to have been confused, or maybe this was before our time... but to my memory, there's never been a book in Kemo. There is one in Gira.

I sincerely doubt the DRC would ever do something so unsafe as to have an age with no book out. They probably removed it when they put the Gira book back (or put it there in the first place, depending on whether it was there before or not). Or, perhaps, Phil is refering to the Gira book itself, and doesn't remember where it was kept (or it was moved around alot in his time). But anyway, it makes much more sense that the DRC would have a book there at least initially. That's just how they are.
Professor Askew
Great Tree Member
Great Tree Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DAY ONE REVISED:

Roll Call:
ASKEW
ZARDOZ
CYCREIM

Date: Thursday - June 29

Time: 8:30 PM Eastern

Place: Great Tree Eder Kemo

Second Unit to film Zardoz's encounter with Phil Henderson.

Spectators WILL be allowed to watch the filming.

Marten, let's hook you up with Dusante ASAP (or I can do it, let me know) to begin scheduling the Sharper portion of Episode One. We will change the names of the other participants as I don't think they have any presence in the community any longer. So we can begin casting our volunteers in the roles of those replaced Explorers. In fact, you guys and gals who have volunteered to play these missing Explorers can play yourselves. That'll make things easier.
Durin Mephit
Great Tree Officer
Great Tree Officer

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Connect away.

My schedule is after 7pm pacific weekdays, available sundays, and some saturdays (every other week... busy july 1, etc.)
ghaelen
Veteran Explorer
Veteran Explorer

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, this sounds great! I will try to be there, and I can stand in (as myself or a man) if you need. What a great idea!
Durin Mephit
Great Tree Officer
Great Tree Officer

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sent a PM to Dusante from this board but have received no reply.
Professor Askew
Great Tree Member
Great Tree Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I PM'd Dusante at UO and it took him a few days to reply. He's still up for doing this but he's a little hard to get a hold of. LOL. He had stated in an earlier PM to me that he was not averse to having an actor play him but that he would like to do it if time permits.

Marten, I'll PM you you some additional contact info for Dus and we'll see what develops.
Professor Askew
Great Tree Member
Great Tree Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Exclamation Exclamation DAY ONE UPDATE: Exclamation Exclamation

Cycreim, Zardoz, & interested parties:

As of 6:05 PM Eastern Thursday night both of my PCs are inoperable. I am FUMING! That gives me approximately 2.5 hours to get one of them up and running for our filming tonight. I will post back here as I make progress....or not. Evil or Very Mad

Sorry about this.
Zardoz
Explorer
Explorer

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bummer. Of course, I can hang around, but I'm getting low on those blue M&Ms . . .
Durin Mephit
Great Tree Officer
Great Tree Officer

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

. o O ( How's he posting to this board if his computers are broken?)

*runs away* Twisted Evil

Professor, I hope this isn't a serious setback and that you're able to get things up and running! Unfortunately, there is no way I can fill your shoes tonight, so I wish you good luck.
Professor Askew
Great Tree Member
Great Tree Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I give up. On my "A" machine I may have ruined my memory somehow trying to upgrade. It's just not booting up. At all. I hope it's not my motherboard. On my "A+" machine I've been having trouble with my video cards (I think). Twin GeForce 6800 GTs in SLI mode. It might be the bridge, I don't know. I'll take another look at it. That computer freezes when I'm in Uru for more than two or three minutes.

For now, I'm assuming it isn't going to happen. Figures, since I'm so interested in this project. If a miracle happens I'll look for you guys...or PM you...or something. Crying or Very sad

Oh, and Marten? Thanks for cheering me up with that query. In fact, I'm on my wife's PC who's system specs just wouldn't cut it.
Cycreim
Great Tree Officer
Great Tree Officer

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sorry to hear that, man! We'll get this done eventually, I swear....
CuzinJohn
Great Tree Member
Great Tree Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the DRC is sabotaging your equipment, Professor...

I can hear them now... "Mwah hah ha.... if that meddling Professor Askew can't get into the cavern... he can't produce his tell-all dramatic re-enactments! Truly, truly, we are Evil.... EVIL WE ARE!!"

and then they all high-five eachother and pat eachother on their backsides.

I should probably get out more... Wink

Science is how you talk about the universe with words that bind it to a common reality.
Magic is how you talk to the universe with words that it cannot ignore.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Great Tree Forum Index -> The Story of The Great Tree All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 4 of 15

Jump to: