The Great Tree Forum Index The Great Tree
still kickin'

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Poster ListPoster List   Member ListMember List  UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Links:   great tree   uru live   uru obsession   drc site  

Documentaries:    learn the story of the great tree

Pillars in Relto
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Liath
Veteran Explorer
Veteran Explorer

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2004 3:16 pm    Post subject: Pillars in Relto Reply with quote

So,
we know the four pillars are the soul of a Bahro, and that we had to return them to D'ni, not keep them in our Relto. When more and more people return the pillars, more and more Bahro are heard in the city, right? Question
But now I know of at least 1 person who has taken the pillars back again to Relto after they had returned them first. You might think that it doesn't matter to the soul of the Bahro, because it was released into D'ni, and then it doesn't matter where the pillars are kept, but I think the Bahro is dragged back to Relto along with the pillars. Because the person who has the pillars in his Relto, is now hearing Bahro-screams in his Relto. Shocked
Now, I think this is very very wrong. Yeesha specifically said we shouldn't keep the pillars (the soul), it feels like this person is now holding a Bahro as a prisoner, a slave. He doesn't seem to care either. I am afraid the Proud are back already.....
Is there a way to stop people doing this? If they just don't care, if they like keeping slaves, I don't know what can be done....
Crying or Very sad

Liath,
Also playing Ryzom, avatar name = Lavender
Jon
Great Tree Member
Great Tree Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2004 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We need to discourage this, in the strongest way possible. If the Bahro prove hostile, then we can exploit this weakness ifwe have to. But they have done nothing to indicate that they should be held prisoner! Even the DRC and their supporters should realize that freedom is preferable to slavery, even if they don't think that the Bahro are intelligent. Even though it may not be obvious, doing this isn't just ignorant, it's sadistic. Do NOT do this, anyone, and do your darndest to discourage others from doing this as well!
Professor Askew
Great Tree Member
Great Tree Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2004 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been in two different Relto's where I noticed that the pillars had been taken back. I will not mention any names but I was surprised to see that this had been done by the people I was with at the time. I, too, think it's a mistake to keep them. I think we have enough to adorn our little islands without having to keep trapped souls.
Kam Uraki
Veteran Explorer
Veteran Explorer

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2004 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, but think about it. You've got a free soul at you disposal. Think of all the deals with the devil you could make, and not have to worry about your own soul..... I'm kidding, I hope you realize this.
NSymon
Friend of The Great Tree
Friend of The Great Tree

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2004 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jon wrote:
We need to discourage this, in the strongest way possible. If the Bahro prove hostile, then we can exploit this weakness ifwe have to. But they have done nothing to indicate that they should be held prisoner! Even the DRC and their supporters should realize that freedom is preferable to slavery, even if they don't think that the Bahro are intelligent. Even though it may not be obvious, doing this isn't just ignorant, it's sadistic. Do NOT do this, anyone, and do your darndest to discourage others from doing this as well!

I totally agree Jon that no one should be keeping there Bahro pillars or going back to the cave to take the pillars back to relto. This is not what Yeesha asked for. The Bahro are to be free, keeping them in your relto makes you no better than the D'ni using them as slaves.

Professor Askew I agree we have enough on our Relto's and keeping the pillars is like keeping trapped souls.
Ashkar
Explorer
Explorer

Location: on me bum in front of my computer, the same place ive been for 3 years :D

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2004 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so.....i should put them back then.....dang, they look so cool though
Great Tree Member
Great Tree Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2004 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Make sure you're putting them back if you want to put them back. I personally don't care for peer pressure, guilty feelings, and all that other nonsense that forces someone to do what they don't want to do. If you've decided that keeping the pillars is maybe not a good thing then so bet it. But, if you're doing it to conform in anyway it might be good for the Bahro spirit but what about yours? Do what you think is best.

Then let us know what you decide. Wink
Ashkar
Explorer
Explorer

Location: on me bum in front of my computer, the same place ive been for 3 years :D

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2004 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ill put them back if it actually has some reason.....otherwise i think they look cool
Explorer
Explorer

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2004 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeesha's own words are enough reason for me. " And whatever is not given back, will be taken. " I don't intend to have the Barho strip my Relto bare.
Ashkar
Explorer
Explorer

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2004 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thats part of a good enough reason for me.........
Veteran Explorer
Veteran Explorer

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2004 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think this is more about whether you believe that the pillars hold the spirit of the Bahro and whether you believe that holding them against their will is okay, or not.

The cries of the Least and Yeesha's teachings show their opinions. I believe this is part of the teachings of the Great Tree, and although I suppose it's not certain that every word out of Yeesha's mouth is directly connected to the spiritual renewal of D'ni, her words certainly would never contradict the Great Tree.

Last edited by Zen-17 on Sun Jan 18, 2004 1:41 pm; edited 3 times in total
Xptql
Explorer
Explorer

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2004 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ashkar, you're reason for returning the pillars should not be based upon the possibility of a threat to you by the bahro eventually for it, nor should it be based upon any personal gain it may give you. That makes you no better the kadish! You should return the pillars because it is wrong to entrap any living creature, especially another sentient life, for no reason other then your own personal amusement. That is just sick. You should free the bahro's soul, and release it, for no reason other then it is the right thing to do.
brian
Fearless Leader
Fearless Leader

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2004 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree the pillars should probably be returned...

Otherwise, what was the point of the journey?

Suzanne
Explorer
Explorer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2004 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I too was enamored with the pillars enRelto.

Rather than Keep the pillars, I returned mine.

I find it best to spend time in the Bahro's caves to let them get comfortable with my presence, taking supplies and staying a few days at a time.

Besides they were keeping me awake at night Shocked

KI 256327
Friend of the Bahro - Guardian of the Flame
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
oboe
Explorer
Explorer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2004 5:21 pm    Post subject: The Pillars Reply with quote

I also took the pillars back to my Relto after returning them to the cave as Yeesha had requested. I did this before I fully understood the meaning of Yeesha's message.

I have since regretted my decision to take the pillars, and have tried to return them to the Cave. The method employed to return them the first time no longer works, and I have not been able to find a way to do so.

I would feel at least partly responsible if anyone were to be hurt in a Bahro attack of some kind, and I will accept any ideas or thoughts on how to return the pillars for the second time.

I sincerely regret my actions, and beg your forgiveness.

Humbly ... oboe
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Great Tree Forum Index -> The Cavern All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: