The Great Tree Forum Index The Great Tree
still kickin'

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Poster ListPoster List   Member ListMember List  UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Links:   great tree   uru live   uru obsession   drc site  

Documentaries:    learn the story of the great tree

bring back urulive petition

View previous topic :: View next topic  
joclyn
Explorer
Explorer

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 2:44 am    Post subject: bring back urulive petition Reply with quote

in view of the recent development of cyan starting the d'mala shard and the fact that it's been made known that there is a potential backer for financing the return of UruLive, a new online petition has been started.

you can read it here. make sure to click on the 'Sign the Petition' link to add your name to this updated petition.

the orginal petition contains over 4100 signatures - some of which are very recent (2006). so, it's obvious that there's STILL a big interest - even tho it's been 2 years since Live was canceled.

let's make sure we get the word out as much as possible!!! we've got a real chance to get UruLive back!! post about it where ever you frequent - there are so many who left the myst-related forums after Live was canceled...we need to get the word out about Cyan's d'mala shard on Until Uru AND we need to get the word out that there's a real potential for UruLive returning!!

could a mod sticky this (and/or move it to where ever is the best spot for it)? thx!!

Great Tree Member
Great Tree Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for this, Joclyn. Now more than ever we need this. It's going to be very difficult in some cases to bring new faces into the Cavern with nothing new happening. This is the best back-up plan I know. At least it demonstrates potential. It's current numbers are greater than the number of current UU participants. I hope the investors are paying attention to it.
Durin Mephit
Great Tree Officer
Great Tree Officer

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw this issue mentioned at the drcsite.org forums. There, SuperGram mentioned that we should "go out and find those 4000+ people who signed the first petition and ask them to sign anew."

What immediately occurs to me even more is that we should get these people into Until Uru if they do not already have a presence there.

But... how do we go about finding these people? I find it especially bothersome that there don't seem to be any links to the original petition anywhere. Who started the original one, and can we begin there?
Ashtar
Friend of The Great Tree
Friend of The Great Tree

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well the original petition was started by Alex Rich at this location:

http://www.petitiononline.com/mod_perl/signed.cgi?savelive

I signed the original when it first came out, and have signed the new one as well Smile Hopefully it will make a difference.

Ashtar
Chuck
Great Tree Member
Great Tree Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice job on the petition... I signed it...

Just curious... did Cyan comment on the previous petition? And are they aware of this one now?

MOUL KI: 192990

When the Power of Love overcomes the Love of Power
The World will know Peace.
(Author Unknown - saw it on one of the best bumper stickers I've ever seen.)
Durin Mephit
Great Tree Officer
Great Tree Officer

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as I remember, a number of Cyan employees actually signed the original petition. Remember that at that time, the problem was funding, and that was in the hands of a company other than Cyan.
Chuck
Great Tree Member
Great Tree Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, thanks for the info... I guess that my hope is that since there is currently "cautious optimism" because of some limited funding for UU right now, the current petition will gain steam and get a lot of signers, and then find it's way into the sight of the current "funding company" via Cyan to show them that there are a lot of explorers that would jump right into URU Live the moment it became available. Just a hope... a wish... where's that star when you need it...

MOUL KI: 192990

When the Power of Love overcomes the Love of Power
The World will know Peace.
(Author Unknown - saw it on one of the best bumper stickers I've ever seen.)
joclyn
Explorer
Explorer

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for posting a link to the original petition, ash! (i didn't think to supply it Embarassed )

i believe either/both alex and petitiononline have been contacted so as to request an email be sent to all those that signed the original petition - with the purpose being to notify them that there is an updated petition that needs signing. i don't know if this will be done or not.

besides going through our email contact lists and sending messages to people we haven't heard from or seen in a while, we CAN post the info on other game forums (most do have an area for games other than the focus of that particular forum). in fact, if you know that some myst/uru people have frequented another forum, then definitely post about this!!

Great Tree Member
Great Tree Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I signed both... just covering all the bases! Wink
URU Live KI #: 50911 MOULa KI #11697212
joclyn
Explorer
Explorer

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it certainly won't hurt anything!! Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Great Tree Forum Index -> Announcements All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: