The Great Tree Forum Index The Great Tree
still kickin'

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Poster ListPoster List   Member ListMember List  UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Links:   great tree   uru live   uru obsession   drc site  

Documentaries:    learn the story of the great tree

And then...
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Daedalus
Overseer / Architect
Overseer / Architect

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 6:32 pm    Post subject: And then... Reply with quote

Nothing. Silence.
taniith
Great Tree Member
Great Tree Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, its almost the anniversary of Live's end.... maybe another random cryptic message that will bring back the community again will show up then.....
Professor Askew
Great Tree Member
Great Tree Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yaaaawn.......

I think the trick is to just forget anything's happening at all. Unfortunately, I'm not very good at it so it's still part of my daily ritual. Maybe I'll start looking every other day and start to acclimate myself to the idea that it doesn't matter. Then I'll try once a week...then once a month...then eventually I just won't give a damn.

Aaaaaahhh....who am I kidding? Uru gets in your blood.

In the meantime, we wait...............

Yaaaaawn.........
Ashtar
Friend of The Great Tree
Friend of The Great Tree

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Professor Askew wrote:
Yaaaawn.......

Stop doing that! It's contagious in case you haven't heard. YAAAAAWN! Very Happy

But I know what you mean. It's hard to just sit back and wait for the next posting in the DRC forum, or Cyan's big announcement, or whatever they plan on doing Smile Maybe this weekend I'll do something constructive like finish Myst V. I know, I should have done that sometime ago but shard duties and other projects have kept me busy. Now I have a computer hooked up to my digital widescreen TV so playing Myst V on it should be awesome.

I'm also reading the Book of D'ni for about the 3rd time again. It's not my favorite, but I've read the other two about 5 times each Smile So now I can dream about Terahnee and wonder what transformations the Bahro have made to the age.

Otherwise, it's just waiting and wondering what's going to happen next. - YAAAAWN Smile

Ashtar
Professor Askew
Great Tree Member
Great Tree Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have fun with Myst V on the big TV. Not long ago I hooked up Uru on my high def TV and I must say it was pretty awesome. I didn't play for long but once I complete my relocation I plan on going through EoA and Uru CC in their entirety on the big screen. It's pretty cool. Unfortunately, you can't tweak the graphics to the extreme of something like Quake IV but it's still pretty nice. The one thing I didn't do was play it through the surround sound theater system. I bet that'll add LOTS of ambience. I can't wait to try it.

In the meantime......we wait. I'm almost tempted to organize a group of explorers to play through Uru all over again. It's not the greatest idea I've ever heard, and ordinarily it wouldn't do much for me....but, then I thought, 'Hey. How many times have you gone through the game on your own?' And truth be told, I've never played any of the ages with another person which seems crazy since that's what it was all about. I'd love to go through the Ages from scratch and record a bunch of it with Fraps or something.

Anyway.........still waiting. No new posts by the DRC....no word from Sharper..........

Rolling Eyes Yaaaawnnn.........
Ashtar
Friend of The Great Tree
Friend of The Great Tree

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Victor heard us yawning Professor Very Happy

http://www.drcsite.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=210

So I wonder what the deal is with this proposal? Is it an effort to get us all together again in the cavern or something else?

Ashtar
Professor Askew
Great Tree Member
Great Tree Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I turn my back for a half hour dinner break at work and Victor posts. Ain't that always the way?

Well, it is a very interesting post because it deals specifically with us explorers. So, they continue to be aware of our presence. Good to know. As to what he's alluding to as "problematic" is anyone's guess. The worst case scenario is that they don't want anyone in the Cavern while the DRC renews itself. I believe this is fairly unlikely. They may want to reorganize how things are done down there....some kind of head-count maybe....some way to track the Explorers who are down there so each and everyone can be accounted for.

A proposal to discuss the scattering of people....don't think it's about keeping anyone out.....don't think it's about recruiting more (though it could be, it's doubtful).....so I'm thinking organization....creating some uniformity of access. Originally they had some control over who had access to Ae'gura and when. Jeff threw a monkey wrench in the works when he began facilitating Yeesha's Call and allowing Explorers a "back way in". At this point no such monkey wrench exists so perhaps they're going to take advantage of that vacancy.

Speaking of which.....I wonder what Yeesha thinks of all this new activity. I'm sure she is keeping a watchful eye. I don't know how far Doug got in his Journey (I'm sure he still had/has a ways to go before he catches up to Phil.) Still, I always assumed Phil had the potential of coming in contact with Yeesha much more frequently than us. I wonder if Sharper has that distinct pleasure as well. I'm just supposing out loud. But, if we look at the two camps, and I use this term very loosely, we're seeing some rumble of activity from the DRC, but what's happening on the other side of things? Since Phil is missing, Doug's our only shot at learning Yeesha's thoughts on this new activity. Unless Yeesha decides to make an appearance.

Hmmm....Doug, where are you?
Daedalus
Overseer / Architect
Overseer / Architect

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When have the explorers not been "problematic?"

Sounds all too familiar to me. Rolling Eyes
Professor Askew
Great Tree Member
Great Tree Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

True, Daedalus. I find it interesting that the DRC tolerates us (Explorers) at all. I mean, why did they ever invite people down there in the first place? Sure, Zandi found some folks an alternate port of entry. But, even those invited by the DRC kind of had the run of the place (barriers aside). I wonder what their original intentions were and if they plan on resuming said plans once this "problematic" issue has been dealt with.
Durin Mephit
Great Tree Officer
Great Tree Officer

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suspect that the reference to "scattered groups" would be the groups originally referenced in this bulletin:

Quote:
Greetings once again.

Roughly six months have passed since the D'ni Restoration Council was disbanded and the restoration efforts were abandoned for lack of funding. Our funding situation has not changed, but there are still many who are feeling the call to go to D'ni.

Several of us who worked on the restoration have been working to make it possible for small groups to gather in D'ni. If you are interested, you can find details of how to arrange this <here>.

It won't be the same - the restoration teams will not be there to open new areas, but at least those who are interested will again be able to access the areas that were opened before the restoration efforts were stopped.

Be careful down there.

Victor Laxman

I am really shocked that people often overlook Victor's role in the above. Give the man some credit.

Now, I am in line with the Professor's way of thinking. Uniformity of access. It does NOT necessarily mean access to new ages. It does NOT necessarily mean that our current method of access will terminate. I interpret it to mean that a "preferred" method of access will be arranged, where greater numbers of visitors can attend the cavern simultaneously. As to why the DRC is interested in making this arrangement is anyone's best guess, but I am not going to look a gift horse in the mouth. Are you?
Professor Askew
Great Tree Member
Great Tree Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I stated at the DRC forum, I am very excited about the DRC's return and the possible resources they might bring with them to renew with vigor their exploration efforts. I have been in and out of the Cavern now for over two years and I've made no headway into discovering or accessing new territory. (I can say, however, that I've made quite a study of what is available.)

I will hold my concerns in check for now and see what unfolds.
Durin Mephit
Great Tree Officer
Great Tree Officer

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did anyone notice that Chris Clement, aka the mysterious ResEng141, is apparently back from his trip to Colorado? He has posted in the explorers' reply thread.
brian
Fearless Leader
Fearless Leader

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm...

Professor Askew
Great Tree Member
Great Tree Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Victor has spoken once again:
Quote:
Great meeting. Blake's comments seem like a breath of fresh air. I have to say it seems to be moving in the right direction.

We're moving forward. Comments?

V

Is Blake the "some guy" Victor was referring to in his earlier post? Only four days between posts. Encouraging sign? Hopefully.
taniith
Great Tree Member
Great Tree Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, Marie is right... Kodama and Laxman certainly haven't changed much.

I feel like I've heard this Blake name before...... but maybe my head is making up memories again Confused
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Great Tree Forum Index -> The Cavern All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: