The Great Tree Forum Index The Great Tree
still kickin'

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Poster ListPoster List   Member ListMember List  UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Links:   great tree   uru live   uru obsession   drc site  

Documentaries:    learn the story of the great tree

The Vivarium of D'ni turns 2 : come & connect!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
myridean
Explorer
Explorer

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2006 8:29 pm    Post subject: The Vivarium of D'ni turns 2 : come & connect! Reply with quote

Come & connect!

Bring your glasses but leave the stuffy library attire at home!
It's a great time to celebrate our successes for the past two years,
with catering by Essjay and music by Eirerogue and Ktahdn.

We'll be looking forward to seeing you there in 2006!

((Music will be played over Teamspeak, you can connect by logging to shard.urutapestry.com.
Safe and completed save games for you to import can be found on the Tapestry forum))
myridean
Explorer
Explorer

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SuperGram wrote:
Smile Another great event.....Can't wait. Vivarium of D'ni is celebrating it's 2nd Anniversary..../cheer. As Myri has said it's going to be held on Tapestry Event Shard this Saturday Jan. 14th at 3pm EST. That's eventshard.urutapestry.com Manually Entered on the dropdown box. Music and chat will be on Teamspeak.....

The Event Shard has undergone a vault wipe as is generally done before each new event. The wipe is done because imports are allowed and in an effort to clean up the shard for the new event. So come on over and create your avie....From what I can see Myri has planned a great inter-shard event to celebrate the Vivarium of D'ni anniversary and it looks like it will be a great time.

So come everyone....join in the fun and once again help to make this another fun event.

SG

ANNOUNCEMENT : The Tapestry Event Shard has been wiped and is ready now for everyone to go and create their avies....IMPORTS ARE ENABLED......Just in case anyone doesn't know the address of the Event Shard...it's: eventshard.urutapestry.com Manually Entered.

All music and chat will be on TeamSpeak...If you don't have TS you can get it free from here: http://goteamspeak.com Once you've set up TS the shard address is: shard.urutapestry.com

You will need to play through the first two sets of markers to be able play the marker hunt games. If you have a problem with the marker hunt games or have a ??? in you incoming folder of your KI where the game should be....let me or one of the admins know and they can upgrade your KI record.

All city links will be disabled once the city reaches its limit for capacity to decrease lag so please arrive early in front of the Aegura Library where we're gathering. Following a small speech, people will have the choice to stay and chat in the city or be linked with a few of their friends to Eder Gira to play the marker hunt. Also, we have three hoods where hosts from our group will be there to welcome you and answer any questions you may have.

Pali64 will be setting up his cameramen throughout the cavern....Webcam can be viewed through The Cavern Today servers...here is the link: http://www.thecaverntoday.com/index2.php?go=watch

Everyone should try to remember to get their comps ready for the event. Defrag...Spybot....shut down any unnecessary programs and IMs. If you haven't already done so, double your virtual memory.....and any other suggestion that people wish to add...... Eric suggested that you increase your details in your program manager. Use....Ctrl/Alt/Delete and it will bring up the box....go to processes .....it will bring up the list and find UruExplorer.exe....right click and select priority set.....set on high. You can do the same with TeamSpeak...This should help too.

Just a few gentle reminders if you haven't been to a large party Very Happy

• Do turn off your game music as you'll be listening to Teamspeak (The library in Aegura certainly needs more than one tune to play)
  • Do link into the city from any Nexus terminal except for the one right by the library (I know it's easier but we know what happens when people crowd around a linking spot: LAG)
  • And finally, please do try to sit/stand a little a bit away from each other (I promise I'm not making any comments here about bad breath Razz)

I think that's all. Hopefully, I'll be looking forward to see you there tomorrow.

Come & connect!

Myridean

Tapestry KI: 001324557 Tapestry Neighbourhood: Vivarium of D'ni (64)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Great Tree Forum Index -> The Cavern All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: