The Great Tree Forum Index The Great Tree
still kickin'

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Poster ListPoster List   Member ListMember List  UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Links:   great tree   uru live   uru obsession   drc site  

Documentaries:    learn the story of the great tree

Phil Henderson and the Future of the DRC
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
brian
Fearless Leader
Fearless Leader

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I do actually remember Bahro screeches. I remember that day very well. Phil certainly didn't seem to cry out in terror as he met his doom, but was more puzzled by what happened.

Moiety Jean
First Lady of the Great Tree
First Lady of the Great Tree

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never knew that aspect of Phil's "last" moments, that he was evidently confused by what happened. It does make perfect sense that the Bahro have something to do with his disappearance, if he was rescued.

I need to begin a line of t-shirts and buttons that say "Where is Phil?" across the front.

KI#44727
"There is a certain beautiful danger when a group of geeks get together to entertain themselves." ~Orin Drake
Rils
Great Tree Member
Great Tree Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And we can make little "Where's Phil-do" books where he is somewhere in a crowd of Explorers wearing a red and white striped hat...

I actually only read that log about a week ago for the first time, I didn't know the event had been recorded. It was very comforting somehow. Although even just reading it I could feel the tension, I can't even believe what it would have been like to be there! I would have probly fallen over in the excitement.

What did they say, they found his KI and nothing else? Peculiar that he'd lose that. Even more peculiar that he'd wander off without his Relto book. But then again, I never knew him, but he seemed a peculiar sort of guy...

Here's to hoping he's ok! It seems the DRC has done as much as the can/are willing to do in this matter, it was unpleasant, but perhaps by-gones should stay that way and hopefully we all learned something about the imporatnce of working together. Only time will tell if he will live physically as he does he does in our memories.

~Rils
Professor Askew
Great Tree Member
Great Tree Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, Rils, although I appreciate all you've said here, I cannot be so complacent regarding the loss of a fellow explorer and fellow member of the Called. If the DRC ever decides to make themselves public again, I will have some questions for them. I just wrote this at the DRC forum in response to a post by linkerjpatrick:
Quote:
If Cyan created Myst V based on any written material, that material would have come from the DRC. (If Cyan made the whole thing up then this is a moot point). But, if the source material did come from the DRC, then they appear to know much more about the Bahro than many of us were led to believe. And this leads me right back to my principal concern that I've espoused in several different places...what happened to Phil Henderson?

You have indicated that this source material may be classified and I can respect that...to a point. But, if that source material (obviously not Catherine's journals) has answers as to what may have happened to Phil, I think the explorers are entitled to know...to understand...to put the past behind us and move on.

Jamyangnyima
Explorer
Explorer

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2005 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ashtar wrote:
Eleri wrote:
I'm firmly in the 'Phil's not dead' camp, even though my experience of the incident is vicariously though other people's accounts. There's just too much that doesn't fit.

For one, how could someone not notice their relto book was missing? (as Sharper suggests...yeah I read it too, but I was being snoopy!) Mine bangs against my hip and bunches up my shirt and flops open and is generally an irritant. I'm more inclined to think that he either had a replacement from Yeesha, or she whisked him away like she did us after we got to K'veer. If the DRC were putting pressure on him, and she wanted her...erm...head diciple out of their grasp, faking his dealth makes perfect sense.

Believe me, I'm in the same "Phil's Not Dead" camp as the rest of you. And what Eleri suggests makes perfect sense. We all know Yeesha has the power to link others at will to different locations. And we also know that Phil and Yeesha had a special relationship, taking journeys the rest of us explorers may never know. Someday his journey may bring him back among the rest of the explorers, and I await that day.

Ashtar

Shorah
Ashtar describes the relationship between the Master and his disciple you commonly find in traditionnal spiritual asian schools. Phil recieves Yeesha's teaching and empowerment, practices... good program Exclamation
Oh, by the way,
Happy new year to everybody
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Friend of The Great Tree
Friend of The Great Tree

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2005 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've always believed that Phil is alive and I still believe that two years after the accident in the city that he is still alive. Whether he's somewhere down beneath the surface roaming the tunnels, hiding out in the city or another Age or even above surface, my mind has never been changed over that matter. That somewhere he is living and maybe one day he will tell us of that journey and what happened. That's a day I look forward to.
Rils
Great Tree Member
Great Tree Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2005 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Professor Askew wrote:
Sorry, Rils, although I appreciate all you've said here, I cannot be so complacent regarding the loss of a fellow explorer and fellow member of the Called. If the DRC ever decides to make themselves public again, I will have some questions for them.

I totally understand, and certainly that is admirable as seeing he was a friend of yours and Brians and others. I never had the chance to meet him, and so the whole episode is for me much like a tragic story you hear on the news, which is sad but doesn't really change the way you live, as opposed to a horrible event which affects you personally and emotionally. Please don't think I am downplaying what happened to him and you others who were there! And I certainly have appreciated learning of the real events that took place since I have become involved in your group here. There's defnietly more than meets the eye gonig on.

But I guess I'm just seeing it from the side that yes, bad things happened, yes I don't agree with everything the DRC did or said, but on the whole I think their accomplishments shouldn't be overlooked. I always took a neutral stance on dividing issues in the cavern, since politics isn't really my gig. The DRC tended to get in the way, like any beaurocracy, but they also made a lot of things available like the KIs and several Ages that we wouldn't have gotten to otherwise. That they facilitated the Journey shouldn't go unrecognized.

However, as mentioned elsewhere, at this point I personally think I'm going to lay aside all my previous prejudices and see what happens. Two years can make a lot of difference in people, and should things get started up again (which seems to be taking awhile due to holidays), I'm going to give everyone the "innocent till proven guilty" treatment. Answers to old grievances would certainly be nice, and much appreciated, but I will not abandon the cavern should they remain closed on the topic. And hopefully some day I will get to meet Phil and buy him drinks in the Pub.

~Rils
Professor Askew
Great Tree Member
Great Tree Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2005 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good post, Rils. And you're right, the DRC has done a lot for the Explorers...in particular, finding and setting up shop in D'ni in the first place!

Believe me when I say that I'm not trying to "restore" any animosity between the DRC and the Great Tree. In fact, before the pullout of February 2004, the GT was working hard at establishing normal relationships with said organization. I'm just hoping this second "opening" of the Cavern (if that is what is happening) has a little more give and take where sharing information is concerned. Some little light shed on Phil's accident would be a step in the right direction.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Great Tree Forum Index -> The Cavern All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: