The Great Tree Forum Index The Great Tree
still kickin'

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Poster ListPoster List   Member ListMember List  UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Links:   great tree   uru live   uru obsession   drc site  

Documentaries:    learn the story of the great tree

Teledahn Map

View previous topic :: View next topic  
NSymon
Friend of The Great Tree
Friend of The Great Tree

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2004 7:07 pm    Post subject: Teledahn Map Reply with quote

Well I'm assuming it's a map of Teledahn, the one found in Sharper's office? Although those kind of hills at the top right of the map with the round bits on top look very Rivenese.

Teledahn Map

Last edited by NSymon on Sun Feb 19, 2006 12:55 pm; edited 2 times in total
Xptql
Explorer
Explorer

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2004 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a nice pic of the map! A bunch of people had a lengthy discussion of this map over the Uru forum, but their pic was a little scrunched. This really is a much better image though, easier to see the detail.

One point of majot contention seemed to be where we linked into on this map. Personally I think it's the red area still, but most people seemed to think it's the blue area directly to the left of the red area. What do you all think?
Ashkar
Explorer
Explorer

Location: on me bum in front of my computer, the same place ive been for 3 years :D

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2004 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it is the area directly left of the red spot, i spent a long time looking and matching up geographical details
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
NSymon
Friend of The Great Tree
Friend of The Great Tree

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2004 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I saw the discussion on the Uru forum about the map, but haven't really been keeping up with it. I would go as well with it being around the red area that we link in.
Ashkar
Explorer
Explorer

Location: on me bum in front of my computer, the same place ive been for 3 years :D

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2004 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just thought i would put this here since i have it
http://img13.photobucket.com/albums/v39/ashkar/Teledahn_Map_Full.jpg

also heres another one to prove why i say where we link in

http://img13.photobucket.com/albums/v39/ashkar/link_in_spot_magnified.jpg

i realize its kina small....but if you save it and zoom it in a bit, then you can see i outlined the walkway to the power generator and i labeled it A,B,C,D

A=storage shroom
B=feeder dock
C=prison balcony
D=giant shroom

edit:
huh....never mind the first link.....i thought it was bigger than that....oh well
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Xptql
Explorer
Explorer

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2004 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, nice stuff Ashkar! Makes it very obvious, I can really see it now, and I think I'll take your word for it. But that really makes me wonder what the red part is, since it seems significant, the odd area out as it were.

Yeah, I also kinda dropped the Uru thread talking about it after a pretty short time, too annoying to read all those posts.

Well, I'll point out a few things that I see as significative.
-The first that immediately jumps at me after the red splotch, is the numbers. The entire map is numbered. All up on the top there, as well as on several of the circles and quite a few of the areas. These are very interesting. maybe they work with the coordinate system?
-Next are the circles themselves, these seem to cover a large portion of the map, and be centeres around that south-western island. Maybe they're signals of some kind?
-The lines coming from the suns placed all around the map. These could maybe show how the sunlight hits the world, since it certainly is an odd orbit!
-And lastly the dotted lines linking all these areas. Some method of transportation perhaps?

What are your ideas on these? One way or another, Teledahn still has A Lot to offer!
Ashkar
Explorer
Explorer

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2004 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think your right about the transportation lines and i agree that the red spot seems significant, although i have no idea about the numbers and the sun thing,

did anyone ever figure out if there were two suns or not?
Explorer
Explorer

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2004 9:32 pm    Post subject: Teledahn Map Reply with quote

Good info, Gentlemen! I will add this...the 'visible' sun orbits at the same point above the horizon, thus at the solar collector, we must be on or near the polar axis (If planetary physics applies here). Note the area on the map... it's close to center of the left 'solar circle' ; a bit off, but hey, mapmakers weren't always perfect. It's my contention the other pole is at the middle of the right 'great solar circle', making this 'planet' a small one.
Another thing.. notice the caricature near the 'center of lines of..?force?' in the lower right? Looks like a maintainer suit to me. Perhaps this age's Great Zero location? I hope I get to sail this place, as long as I don't run into that dude out east! Yikes! Octupus on Steroids!!
I wonder if the highlighted areas are where Sharper has explored...or completed?

--Grinch

Pay no attention to the man behind the keyboard...
Jon
Great Tree Member
Great Tree Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2004 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, I think the maintainer symbol by the Bahro cave is the zero for the age. I could be wrong though...

Good point about both circles being the same orbit!
Xptql
Explorer
Explorer

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2004 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also think the maintainer suit might mean that the guild was centered around that area. And the great zero seems like a likely thing to leave there. Also notice how super isolated it is, none of those dotted lines leading there! And judging by Gahreesen, the maintainer's were pretty hyped up on security, so it would make sense for them to be somewhere rather out of the area. Also explains why there is a linking stone to Gahreesen from teledahn. Since the only way to that island is probably a linking book from Gahreesen or some such.
Jon
Great Tree Member
Great Tree Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2004 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I think that Yeesha placed Bahro stones where we needed them- the Maintainers didn't have anything to do with it, from what I understand.
Xptql
Explorer
Explorer

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2004 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know if Yeesha had anything to do with the bahro stones personally, but you never know. And perhaps the existence of a previous link from teledahn to Gahreesen made it easier to make the stone link there, since it does go to a rather unlikely place. One which can Only be reached by linking. Maybe that linkre sided on teledahn and the bahro copied it onto a stone.
KiKi
Veteran Explorer
Veteran Explorer

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2004 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all! Here are 2 more clues.

1. If you are able to get into what I call the Ae'gura "ghost city" (this was the city in the first beta), there will be a city map by the tent in the upper courtyard. On the other side of this area by the blocked stairs to the king round room is a linking book to Teledahn. On the map from Sharper's office there is a red dotted line going from the west side of the red area (which I think is the inner Ae'gura city) to the east side of the adjacent blue area (Teledahn). This linking book proves that in the first beta you could go directly from the city to Teledahn. (I guess the Teledahn book will be returned to the city in a future update.) If the other 4 red dotted lines on the map leading away from the red area are linking book routes from within the city, we will have to wait until more of the city is open to find these remaining 4 linking books.

2. Type the "/look" command in all areas. The game will say "There are exits to (north, south, east, and/or west)". Here's the exit list:

Exits East = Teledahn

Exits North and South = Eder Kemo

Exits North and West = Gahreesen, Kadish, Eder Gira, Neighborhoods, Great Zero Observation Antechamber, Great Zero courtyard, Sharper (baron) office

Exits NorthWest and South = Ae'gura inner city, Kadish Gallery, small dark Ae'gura balcony, larger Ae'gura balcony over looking canyon and bridge, Dakotah rooftop

No Exits = Relto, Nexus

Ask Zandi for exit = Cleft (D'ni-Riltagamin)

... Eyeballs roll out of head from staring at maps............lol...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Great Tree Forum Index -> D'ni Research All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: