The Great Tree Forum Index The Great Tree
still kickin'

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Poster ListPoster List   Member ListMember List  UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Links:   great tree   uru live   uru obsession   drc site  

Documentaries:    learn the story of the great tree

Alternate Endings
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Great Tree Forum Index -> Myst, Riven, Exile, Revelation, End of Ages
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jaharen
Great Tree Member
Great Tree Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2004 1:42 am    Post subject: Alternate Endings Reply with quote

Possible spoiler below, depending on how close to the end of Revelation you are: (Is there a way to use spoiler tags on this forum?)

When you are faced with the decision to choose between the silver (Yeesha/Sirrus) and the gold (Achenar) switches, what happens if you throw the silver one? I threw the gold switch saying "God forgive me Yeesha" hoping that trusting Achenar was good which in the end was. (What a sadistic choice!) I don't have a saved game before that moment, so I can't go back and try it without playing the whole game over again which might be fun anyways, but I don't have the time now. So if anyone knows what happens, fill me in!
MOULa KI: #10750831
Trahald
Great Tree Member
Great Tree Member

Location: Milky Way:Sol System:Earth:North America:USA:Ohio:Cincinnati

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2004 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

saving Achenar the good choice?? Confused

I've been out of it. didn't know it was out Embarassed
NSymon
Friend of The Great Tree
Friend of The Great Tree

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2004 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Jaharen

Sadly no we can't use spoiler tags, but I'll msg Brian and see if we can get a spoiler section set up for Myst Revelation.
Jaharen
Great Tree Member
Great Tree Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I already did and haven't got a response back. I know he's busy, so I haven't worried about it.
Daedalus
Overseer / Architect
Overseer / Architect

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm... done. Very Happy

I'm also moving this to the new section.
Jaharen
Great Tree Member
Great Tree Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Daed! Now, can someone answer my question?
Daedalus
Overseer / Architect
Overseer / Architect

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In reply (spoilers)
-------------
Pulling the silver switch releases Yeesha (or, in this case, Sirrus!). She runs around the chair and pulls the lever causing the Dream stone to fall on both you and Achenar. You then regain consciousness, where he/she gives you a quick Gehn-esque speech before ending your own life (using Achenar's gun, nonetheless). Happy days. Smile

BTW, there's supposedly six(!) endings to Revelation.
Gadren
Great Tree Member
Great Tree Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

and if you press neither one in time (i did this...i was so divided emotionally!), she doesn't drop the stone, but she does shoot you and Achenar.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Jaharen
Great Tree Member
Great Tree Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So there's three of six endings:

1) Pull the gold switch and continue the game
2) Pull the silver switch and die
3) Pull neither switch and die
4)
5)
6)

Fill in the blanks people!
Daedalus
Overseer / Architect
Overseer / Architect

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe there's a way to go into Dream without a spirit guide. Haven't tried this myself...
Jaharen
Great Tree Member
Great Tree Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you go in the first time with the guide, but then back out without solving the puzzle, when you go back in later, you won't have the guide with you. I didn't do that, but I remember that detail. However, I don't know how that would affect the outcome of the game. Interesting to think about though.
Mystlander
Great Tree Member
Great Tree Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, now that I've finished the game, I thought I would visit the SPOILER section to read all the speculative threads and comments about how people went about solving some of the more difficult puzzles.

I didn't realize there might be more than two endings, but I suppose everything depends on several things: (1) How many "memories" the traveler locates with the Amulet, (2) how many puzzles you solved without spoilers, or in-game hints, (3) the color of your hand cursor, (4) what you touched first in Serenia... the bubbles, the willowisps, or the fireflowers... just to name a few.

I sure wish someone would publish the words to the Revelation Theme song, as I now know the music by heart and wish I could sing along! IMHO, I think this was the best MYST game in the series. The puzzles were all logical, although a few really put a strain on the old gray cells... Wink I was totally blown away by the music and the beautiful graphics in each of the ages!
Crying or Very sad
URU Live KI #: 50911 MOULa KI #11697212

Last edited by Mystlander on Wed Jul 20, 2005 10:58 pm; edited 2 times in total
Moiety Jean
First Lady of the Great Tree

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whee! Brian and I JUST finished Myst 4. We got it as a wedding present from Saxy and Kev! <3!!

That was TAXING! But we did it! The graphics were gorgeous, music was great in all but a couple places (had to turn down the drums in the jungle so we could concentrate on the Mangree puzzle), and we were pretty pleased with everyones' acting.
We had to get a hint in a few places, but only enough info to confirm that we had actually figured out the puzzle but were setting something slightly wrong (e.g. the tuning gears), or needed a patch (timing in the Mangree puzzle). So we're "woot"ing and flexing our mental muscles at each other now.
I had reservations about Revelation, but I'd heartily recommend it now that I've played it.

And on the actual topic, we only experienced three endings ourselves. I guess we'd have to get pretty creative to find more.
We got the water spirit guide. When the protector categorized us I felt like we'd just taken one of those "Which blah blah blah are you?" quizzes. Laughing

KI#44727
"There is a certain beautiful danger when a group of geeks get together to entertain themselves." ~Orin Drake
CuzinJohn
Great Tree Member
Great Tree Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moiety Jean wrote:
Whee! Brian and I JUST finished Myst 4. We got it as a wedding present from Saxy and Kev! <3!!

... We got the water spirit guide. When the protector categorized us I felt like we'd just taken one of those "Which blah blah blah are you?" quizzes. Laughing

I've spoken to a handful of players... i've only met ONE who wasn't joined with the Water Spirit... he had the Wind Spirit. He thinks he only got the 2nd time he played by never consulting the embedded Prima hint stuff.

That makes sense to me, I seem to recall the speech about the water spirit including something like "You ask for help when needed..."

Does anyone know if anyone ever got the Fire Spirit?

Science is how you talk about the universe with words that bind it to a common reality.
Magic is how you talk to the universe with words that it cannot ignore.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Moiety Jean

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think we ever used Prima hint stuff, but we did watch the memory flashbacks a lot. Does that count? ::confuzzled::

KI#44727
"There is a certain beautiful danger when a group of geeks get together to entertain themselves." ~Orin Drake
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Great Tree Forum Index -> Myst, Riven, Exile, Revelation, End of Ages All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: