The Great Tree Forum Index The Great Tree
still kickin'

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Poster ListPoster List   Member ListMember List  UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Links:   great tree   uru live   uru obsession   drc site  

Documentaries:    learn the story of the great tree

Brian Fioca in Until URU?????
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Daedalus
Overseer / Architect
Overseer / Architect

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 3:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey all, FYI

I myself have become extremely busy lately and haven't had much time for Uru, I'm afraid. Sad I'm hoping this will change soon, especially with the recent developments with COBBS! A GT get together in the Watcher's Sanctuary would be quite awesome. Very Happy

And yes, it is indeed Brian Fioca who has been roaming the halls of D'ni as of late. I spoke with him the other day -- he seemed in good spirits.
Professor Askew
Great Tree Member
Great Tree Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Farlesis is in!
NSymon
Friend of The Great Tree
Friend of The Great Tree

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Professor Askew wrote:
Farlesis is in!

Yeah it was great meeting up with you Professor and thanks for getting me into the Gt Hood Very Happy Met up with some other people in the city I haven't seen since Live and we had a good time hanging out in Kadish. Hope to catch up with everyone else soon as well.
brian
Fearless Leader
Fearless Leader

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is anyone still in UU?

I'm thinking about getting my KI working again...

Professor Askew
Great Tree Member
Great Tree Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been back in for about three weeks now. Shucks. I just missed the place and the people and what not.

I mainly hang around the Tapestry and Great Tree shards although there are quite a few to choose from nowadays (though they are seldom what you'd call busy).

Some interesting IC developments. There's a puzzle/storyline coming out of the German Real Life shard involving the Fahterthtehs. Don't ask. You can read all about it here:

http://forum.urutapestry.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1190

Interesting stuff. I've even stopped by the German shard to check it out. Nice people...but it helps if you speak German...which I don't...but I try my hand at it now and again (I used to teach it to myself when I was just a lad). What's great about this group is that they are making great efforts to include all shards... a real attempt to unify the community.

And of course we have our very own Ashtar who is developing plans of his own to beef up IC stuff on the Great Tree Shard.

http://www.greattreeshard.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=114

I'm very excited about this. The DRS (DRC) and Safety First? Sounds like the old days I miss so much. And of course, both storylines can be followed simultaneously.

Brian, you would have a good chance finding me in the Cavern because of the time difference between us. I still have to log on at 1:30 am Eastern because of my stupid job. Make sure you have this link:

http://home.arcor.de/marlokir/uru/ShardsOnline.en.html

That way you know who's where before you log in. Sadly, you may not recognize too many names anymore. Anyway, I'll keep an eye out for you.
Starfyre72
Explorer
Explorer

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2005 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A couple things of note. #1 if your visit the last link the Professor gave and see the multiple who's online page for the shards you should note that Slackers Shard recently went private. I think its the only one listed on that page that is now private.

And the second. DRS actually is no more. It disbanded ICly Myself and the rest of the DRS including Ashtar are working on a new storyline. One that will hopefully distance ourselves from being a DRC clone which we were considered to be. Also the new storyline will hopefully get the explorer's more involved then they were with the old DRS storyline.

Lastly just so ya know when we return to the cavern with the new storyline we will be making Great Tree Shard the home for the new storyline.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
CuzinJohn
Great Tree Member
Great Tree Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well... I'm looking to get back into the mix.

Following a rather nasty Hard Drive Crash... I'm left with a PC with a larger, faster Hard Drive, and now I need to fill it up with games.

The saddest news is that I was SO close to the end of Revelations, and now have to begin all over again.

But now is the perfect opportunity to get my Uru, UU and whatnot all set up again.

Would someone either point me toward links to get the stuff I need, or drop me an email? my addy is my name here AT comcast DOT net.

Can't wait to see y'all in the cavern again!

Science is how you talk about the universe with words that bind it to a common reality.
Magic is how you talk to the universe with words that it cannot ignore.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Professor Askew
Great Tree Member
Great Tree Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://plasma.cyanworlds.com/

I think everything you need is here, CJ. Unless I've forgotten something. If I have, let me know and I'll get the info.

The Tapestry Forum and the Great Tree Shard Forum's are the best places I know to pick up on any IC stuff...such as it is. But, it looks like that might be starting to pick up as the year progresses. We'll see.

Here's thr GT Shard Forum: http://www.greattreeshard.org/phpBB2/index.php?sid=ec7a9940c86c5797616f789794c0bcee

Tapestry is down right now for updates. I'll add that later.
Daedalus
Overseer / Architect
Overseer / Architect

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Recently got a new computer, gotta load up UU on it.

Gotta get my TPotS cd back, though. Dunno if thats essential. Razz Will most definitely be in-cavern this week.

Just the thought of being in D'ni again is giving me a creepy feeling. Not sure whether thats good or bad. Laughing
Professor Askew
Great Tree Member
Great Tree Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For plain old UU, tPotS is not only not needed it's incompatible. Once again, I call upon our resident expert, Ashar.
Ashtar
Friend of The Great Tree
Friend of The Great Tree

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Professor Askew wrote:
For plain old UU, tPotS is not only not needed it's incompatible. Once again, I call upon our resident expert, Ashar.

To install Until Uru you need either the original "Uru - Ages Beyond Myst" CD, or Complete Chronicles. Once you have installed either one of those, then you can download the appropriate patch off of Cyan's UU website to patch it for the UU servers:

http://plasma.cyanworlds.com/downloads.xml

Ashtar
Mystlander
Great Tree Member
Great Tree Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it just me, or is everyone else having problems logging on to all the public UU & TPOTS servers?

I keep getting the same error message, no matter which online server I try... "Unable to download update file." Does this mean that Cyan has fulfilled its one-year committment for the Authorization Server, and has now pulled the plug?

Woe-is-me... to 25!

URU Live KI #: 50911 MOULa KI #11697212
weldergeek
Great Tree Member
Great Tree Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just logged in ok Smile Keep trying maybe you are just having temporary problems Smile

~Weldergeek
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Great Tree Forum Index -> Neighborhood All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: