The Great Tree Forum Index The Great Tree
still kickin'

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Poster ListPoster List   Member ListMember List  UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Links:   great tree   uru live   uru obsession   drc site  

Documentaries:    learn the story of the great tree

New Member- Maps- Brian's Biography
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
futographer
Explorer
Explorer

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2004 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Brian for the clarifications! I hope you don't mind me clarifying things.

Is the image of you in the private room image manipulated or is that a screen shot? Did Sharper take that of you and you took the one of him?

So then Sharper gave you the jacket... How did he do that? Was it just sitting in the room waiting for you to "pick up"?

Did anyone else end up getting the jacket (in game)? Does anyone still have it today?

What might you say to people who suggest that you were hired to play a part and that you were "in" on all the events you participating in? (Not that you have to prove yourself to me)

Thanks
brian
Fearless Leader
Fearless Leader

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2004 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

futographer wrote:
Thanks Brian for the clarifications! I hope you don't mind me clarifying things.

no problem! Cool

futographer wrote:

Is the image of you in the private room image manipulated or is that a screen shot? Did Sharper take that of you and you took the one of him?

It's a screenshot, not sure who took it exactly.

futographer wrote:

So then Sharper gave you the jacket... How did he do that? Was it just sitting in the room waiting for you to "pick up"?

Sharper actually gave me the jacket at the second private meeting he and I had in Teledahn sometime in November. He had already given some out to people who he thought were on the same page as him, including Dusante and Daedalus. I actually had to ask him for it, I think I said something like "Do you think it would be a good idea to have one of those jackets?" and he replied, "Of course! How forgetful of me." At that point he said to go back to my closet and I would find it there.

futographer wrote:

Did anyone else end up getting the jacket (in game)? Does anyone still have it today?

Yes, like I mentioned Dusante and Daedalus had one, as well as Preachr46 (I think that was his name), Tah, and maybe others.

futographer wrote:

What might you say to people who suggest that you were hired to play a part and that you were "in" on all the events you participating in? (Not that you have to prove yourself to me)

I really just happened to be in the right place at the right time. I had literally made my first trip to the city since beta and noticed Sharper saying things like "Does anyone want to talk?" I think I was the only one who really recognized who he was, and I happened to mention that I thought it was fishy how the DRC were treating us and when I said the explorers should form a "union" he became really interested in me.

As for being at all of the events, it was pretty easy to tell when they were going to happen. There were generally two periods of about 2 hours during each day when things would happen, so I would wait until I saw someone interesting in my Buddy list, and then wait in the Nexus for a (usually random) neighborhood to suddenly have 1 person in it. Or if I saw them in the city, I would go there. Many people thought you had to wait in the Nexus for the city to become free, but it never updated, so I would bounce back and forth between a neighborhood and the Nexus and fairly quickly a spot would open.

Durin Mephit
Great Tree Officer
Great Tree Officer

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2004 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a suggestion for the text for the photo at bottom left:

"An early gathering, a portent of The Great Tree."
Moiety Jean

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2004 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or how about just "A meeting of Uru [or D'ni] explorers" ?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Great Tree Forum Index -> The Cavern All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: