The Great Tree Forum Index The Great Tree
still kickin'

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Poster ListPoster List   Member ListMember List  UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Links:   great tree   uru live   uru obsession   drc site  

Documentaries:    learn the story of the great tree

New Member- Maps- Brian's Biography
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
futographer
Explorer
Explorer

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2004 6:51 pm    Post subject: New Member- Maps- Brian's Biography Reply with quote

Hi Explorers!

Congratulations on a super site. I just joined and look forward to making a lot of friends here!

As the Grand Master of the Guild of Cartographers I came here because I am in the process of writing your biography for an interactive map I am creating of the Tokotah II Rooftop and I am creating biographies of all of those who have a significant impact on what has happened in Uru.

You can see my progress on this map http://www.uruobsession.com/forum/index.php?s=4ca8edd96dd7c99bb19624689dd652d7&act=ST&f=35&t=9499&st=.

I just finished Duskrin's biography and you are my next victim uh... subject. Very Happy When I am done I will email you and get your thoughts and allow you to correct any inaccuracies as well as offer to add any interesting information you might like.

Again, great site!

Pa'trick
Ashtar
Friend of The Great Tree
Friend of The Great Tree

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2004 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Futographer! Welcome to the Great Tree! I've always enjoyed seeing your maps up on the UO forum. The one you did on the Tokotah rooftop is awesome. But just a minor correction though. As far as I know, Douglas Sharper was never a part of the DRC. At least, he didn't have a position on the council. He discovered the Teledahn linking book and was placed in charge of it's restoration by the DRC. As to how he became associated with the DRC, and what he was doing in the cavern in the first place, perhaps Brian can elaborate Very Happy
futographer
Explorer
Explorer

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2004 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to be here. I'm glad you like our work.

Deius, in the thread above, points this out. Only the "Fab Five" are on the council, the rest (except for explorers and Yeesha and Zandi, he suggests calling "Restoration Staff" or something like that. Do you think that is better?

If anyone would like to assist in research I will give you credit if I use your information!

In Sharper's Biography posted there it does say that he is on the DRC council (I don't think), anyway...here is the revised map....

Professor Askew
Great Tree Member
Great Tree Member

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2004 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This seems accurate to me.
NSymon
Friend of The Great Tree
Friend of The Great Tree

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2004 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent work Futographer, always love the work your Guild does, from the maps to the detailed pages on wildlife and plant life, its always been excellent.

A couple of other names that might be worth adding to the explorers list would be IMForeman and Dr Greer, a couple of others I can't remember the names of who were the first official explorers allowed down into the cavern sometime in 2002 I think. But at this rate you might end up with to long a list Wink The Duskrin bio is brilliant and can't wait to see the rest Smile
futographer
Explorer
Explorer

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2004 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shorah Farlesis
Do you have any information about Dr. Greer? Other than being mentioned in the KI log between Phil Henderson and Zardoz I know nothing about him...yet.

I was trying to restrict the pages to only those who are mentioned in a journal in the cavern (excluding all the kings). I thought that would be a good place to draw the line, but if you feel that Dr. Greer is interesting enough and that there is at least a few paragraphs worth of information about him I will reconsider my criteria. I'm flexible. It's probably the pilates! Laughing
NSymon
Friend of The Great Tree
Friend of The Great Tree

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2004 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Futographer

This is about as much as I know, the following link is to postings he made on the Myst Community boards, there's also a link in his posting to his Uru jorunal.

http://myst.chucker.rasdi.net/board/index.php?showtopic=10803

There are also a lot of postings on the DRC forum dating back to 2002, if you just do a search for the name it will list all his postings, also provides good back ground information to the DRC and the restoration.
brian
Fearless Leader
Fearless Leader

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2004 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm surprised and honored, futographer.
Thanks! I'm looking forward to seeing the end result.
Cool

futographer
Explorer
Explorer

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2004 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just thought I would give everyone an update on how Brian's biography is coming. I just finished reading every post Brian write on UO. I also have every picture of him that was posted. I think I know him better than his mother.... Laughing Next weekend I hope to post the "final" copy subject to corrections and suggestions by Brian himself if he wants.

Actually a lot of people here deserve to have their biographies done, but I have to draw the line somewhere!
brian
Fearless Leader
Fearless Leader

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2004 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeez, every post I wrote at UO?
Embarassed

Cool

futographer
Explorer
Explorer

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2004 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It took me a couple of weekends, but I did it! I copied and pasted many of them, the ones with usable information into a work document so that I have accurate quotes. I read through most of the threads so that I got the contest and detail history of the Live era (if 2 months can be called and era) I hope I do you justice. Very Happy
futographer
Explorer
Explorer

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2004 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is the first draft of Brian's Biography. Since I got all my information second hand through threads, I could very easily be wrong about some things. Please correct any mistakes or misconceptions I may have.

I know there is much more to your goup that what I have covered but I am trying to distill everything into this size space, so I really don't want to add a whole lot more, but I am open to your suggestions and comments.

Thanks for your help, and I will give everyone contributing something that I end up using credit on the page.

brian
Fearless Leader
Fearless Leader

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2004 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's really amazing work. I really am honored that you would even do this. Thanks so much!

I would like to clear up a few things, though. The Picture with the jackets is from Ashtar's presentation of Professor Askew's jackets to (left to right) Cyan Bill, Ryan Warzecha, and Ryan Miller at Cyan. The group picture is from a general purpose get together some of us had in Seattle that actually occurred before The Great Tree board existed as we know it. The only actual Great Tree members there were Me, Saxy, and Kevin, although I believe Fearless Son and J. Furie (the second and third pictured from the left) have posted here in the past and would be considered GT members in that respect. Oh, and the link to the great tree site doesn't have to include the last /tree, http://www.thegreattree.com works by itself.

Hope that helps. Thanks again, that's really beautiful work. Cool

futographer
Explorer
Explorer

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2004 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Brian
I'm glad you like it. Thanks for the corrections. Adding the names of the Cyan personel will make the photo even more interesting. Is "Cyan Bill" the gentleman's name? I assume that is his Uru member name?

I'm not sure I understand what you mean by "Ashtar's presentation of Professor Askew's jackets." Are you saying that the image of your avatar in the private room is not a screen shot, but an image manipulation? That there never were any such shirts given to you by Sharper in the game?

What exactly would be your suggestion for the text under the bottom photograph?
brian
Fearless Leader
Fearless Leader

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2004 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

futographer wrote:
Hi Brian
I'm glad you like it. Thanks for the corrections. Adding the names of the Cyan personel will make the photo even more interesting. Is "Cyan Bill" the gentleman's name? I assume that is his Uru member name?

His name is Bill Slease, and they are all employees of Cyan.

futographer wrote:

I'm not sure I understand what you mean by "Ashtar's presentation of Professor Askew's jackets." Are you saying that the image of your avatar in the private room is not a screen shot, but an image manipulation? That there never were any such shirts given to you by Sharper in the game?

I was referring to the same photograph taken of the Cyan employees. It was taken during a visit that Ashtar made to Cyan to deliver the jackets that Professor Askew had made for them. The members of The Great Tree also provided pizza for the Cyan employees that day.

futographer wrote:

What exactly would be your suggestion for the text under the bottom photograph?

I'm not exactly sure...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Great Tree Forum Index -> The Cavern All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: