The Great Tree Forum Index The Great Tree
still kickin'

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Poster ListPoster List   Member ListMember List  UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Links:   great tree   uru live   uru obsession   drc site  

Documentaries:    learn the story of the great tree

Negilahn [WARNING: HUGE SPOILER - Read at your own risk!]

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ashtar
Friend of The Great Tree
Friend of The Great Tree

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2004 6:57 pm    Post subject: Negilahn [WARNING: HUGE SPOILER - Read at your own risk!] Reply with quote

In hacking the XP1 journals, I came across this one that was not part of the expansion pack. I expect it will probably be in XP2, or even another XP in the future. As you can see, it has some interesting information Smile Be aware that this note may change when the next expansion pack is released.

Taken from D'ni Negilahn Introduction Pamphlet
Translated by Tricia Lawson 11.20.03

Welcome to Negilahn, home of the infamous "tarpin shal" and "bezol pumi"!

Negilahn was one of the first features added to our museum in 8797 at the request of Lord Jerahl. At the time Maintainers and Museum Staff felt that Negilahn had been researched enough to approve the Age for a Museum Pod that would allow our visitors to experience the Age for themselves.

You will notice that all of our Pods, including Negilahn's, have a few special features. Fortunately, solar power enables our pods to function without outside power sources. However, though our pods will gain power throughout with minimal energy usage, heavy usage will also drain energy units fairly quickly. Be careful to not use up a Pod's energy before nightfall or you may miss out on some sights.

Before you visit Negilahn, we'd like to take a minute to get you acquainted with the creatures that live there. Please remember that while we have placed our Pod in an optimal position, you are visiting a natural habitat and we have no control over when and where you see our friends in Negilahn, or if you will see anything at all. Our pods do have sound and scent emitters that will attract Negilahn's inhabitants although, again, these are real animals and there are no guarantees.

Remember too, that all reactions to what you do in Negilahn are not always immediately evident.

Good luck.

Negilahn Creature Notes:

Rather than give away all the secrets of Negilahn, we want you to find creatures on your own. The following notes are only meant to provide you an introduction to the natural habitat of Negilahn.

We will say that if you can't find "kiris", things aren't going well. The large swarms usually fill the air, especially in the more open spaces. "Kiri" are one of the sole providers of nutrients for the "urwins". If you see a swarm of "kiris", look out; a "urwin" might be nearby.

"Gipelis" are another of Negilahn's smaller creatures, although they are a much more colorful variety then the "kiri". "Gipelis" can often be seen gliding through the air and are a favorite treat for "reepahs".

"Nerims" are slow moving and a beautiful native inhabitant of Negilahn. During mating seasons, especially at night, you have a good chance of being witness to some beautiful displays by female nerims. Ask a nearby Museum Guide for more information on nerim mating season.

Oocha paras, often seen dangling under trees, are actually young "tarpin shals". See if you can follow the "tarpin shals'" life cycle. We'll give you a small hint: you will need to pay close attention to "gahtsai".

Pumis hunt in packs and often eat the babies of Negilahn's other inhabitants. Pumis will prey on sick, small, or weak adults much larger than them. Pumis like to jump from tree to tree so you'll have to be quick.

See if you can find what likes to eat pumis. We'll give you a hint: they eat very slowly and live high in the trees.

Another of Negiliahn's inhabitants are fun-loving creatures that like to eat nerims, "gipeli" and other plants and animals. We'll tell you now that, however, that they are timid creatures and we often find them far away from the pod. If you happen to see a reepah consider yourself lucky.

Gahtsai are usually pretty easy to spot, especially when they are resting, so we'll let you see if you can find them without any hints. If you see one, notice its stripes; no two patterns are the same.

Though "urwins" are technically birds, they can't fly! However, with all the "kiri" around, they don't need to. "Urwins" are the only of Negilahn's inhabitants that mate for life and are often seen in pairs.

If you get the chance to see a "panuhdoy", you'll know why it has the name it does. That's all will tell you.

The "tarpin shal" is Negilahn's most famous creature and if you get a chance to see one drop down on an unsuspecting animal below it, you'll know why. You'll have to look carefully on the high branches, they are sometimes hard to see but they are worth the effort.

As for any other information, you'll have to find it yourself. Good luck and we hope you enjoy Negilahn. Please ask a Museum Guide if you have any questions or problems.
------------------------------

Farlesis and I will be adding more information and pictures to this Spoiler thread as it becomes available.

[edited for spelling error in title, was bugging me. Razz -MJ]
NSymon
Friend of The Great Tree
Friend of The Great Tree

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2004 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That made for very interesting reading, hope we do get to see some those creatures eventually. Thanks again Ashtar.
KnightShayde
Veteran Explorer
Veteran Explorer

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2004 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cool...whats apod?
and can we leave it??

so many questions...(so thats whats supposed to be on the bookstands in the musem..linking books to "pods"??
Ashtar
Friend of The Great Tree
Friend of The Great Tree

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2004 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KnightShayde wrote:
cool...whats apod?
and can we leave it??

so many questions...(so thats whats supposed to be on the bookstands in the musem..linking books to "pods"??

I envision the pod as some kind of protective environment for the explorer. Perhaps it can move around in the Negilahn forest through some kind of rail system.

As far as leaving the Pod, I'm not sure I would want to. Notice the scale comparison between us and the top creatures in the DRC note? I sure wouldn't want to run into any of those creatures out in the forest Smile
NSymon
Friend of The Great Tree
Friend of The Great Tree

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2004 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have visions of some of the creatures running at the pod trying to get us Confused Will certainly make for interesting observations Laughing
CuzinJohn
Great Tree Member
Great Tree Member

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2004 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is anyone else at all contemplating scenes from the cinematic adventure, "Jurrasic Park"??

You've got the monterously huge animals...

You've got the mechanism to travel thru the animals' habitat...

Youve got the warning that the power to the mechanism could fail if the sun goes down...

methinks thar be adventure afoot!

Science is how you talk about the universe with words that bind it to a common reality.
Magic is how you talk to the universe with words that it cannot ignore.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
NSymon
Friend of The Great Tree
Friend of The Great Tree

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2004 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well as long as I'm not about when the sun goes down...although it would certainly get the adrenaline rushing if one those animals started charging towards the pod Shocked
Kyven
Great Tree Member
Great Tree Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2004 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheMYSTerious1 wrote:

http://www.fcurve.com/modelling_pages/2Tai...ilsMonkey01.htm

http://www.fcurve.com/modelling_pages/Urwin01.htm

They might look familiar...

ETA: And I noticed a blank-out/under construction area in the Animation section labled BAHRO.

And Gadren should appreciate the awesome Quab (Idle) animation.

Erik
Great Tree Member
Great Tree Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we'll soon get the real version of this document, as Negilahn is in Phase Five! Very Happy

Cool document... and a sneak peek for this new Age! Smile
Thanks Ashtar. Smile
Erik
Great Tree Member
Great Tree Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Our pods do have sound and scent emitters

So, these buttons near the windows are probably scent emitters instead of ordinary lights. What do you think?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Great Tree Forum Index -> D'ni Research All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: