The Great Tree Forum Index The Great Tree
still kickin'

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Poster ListPoster List   Member ListMember List  UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Links:   great tree   uru live   uru obsession   drc site  

Documentaries:    learn the story of the great tree

City Status - Great Tree Hood Report
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
fidalco
Explorer
Explorer

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2004 6:51 pm    Post subject: 30 to 35 in city, lag up 100 to 500% Reply with quote

This is the worst lag i have ever encountered since i started 3 weeks ago!! Its great that they are opening new areas, yes i know its beta but you up the user let in by 5 and the lag increases a ten fold? Sorry but it takes me long ebough to get into the city as it is, if this is any sign of things to come then its really bad for URU!! Beta or no Beta URU needs drastic changes in its server format(whether its clustering or disk arrays or just plain OS) some thing has to change! I have played sevral games online in Beta and none with this amount of lag.
Ok off my soap box and on to new matters, Although i havn't been able to resolve my relto issue i will still chime in on the boards. i can no longer get onto The great tree at all. Not through the nexus, not through my relto, nada. So until all thing are fixed, i can only converse on the boards.
Liath
Veteran Explorer
Veteran Explorer

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2004 5:43 am    Post subject: Re: 30 to 35 in city, lag up 100 to 500% Reply with quote

fidalco wrote:
This is the worst lag i have ever encountered since i started 3 weeks ago!! Its great that they are opening new areas, yes i know its beta but you up the user let in by 5 and the lag increases a ten fold? Sorry but it takes me long ebough to get into the city as it is, if this is any sign of things to come then its really bad for URU!! Beta or no Beta URU needs drastic changes in its server format(whether its clustering or disk arrays or just plain OS) some thing has to change! I have played sevral games online in Beta and none with this amount of lag.
Ok off my soap box and on to new matters, Although i havn't been able to resolve my relto issue i will still chime in on the boards. i can no longer get onto The great tree at all. Not through the nexus, not through my relto, nada. So until all thing are fixed, i can only converse on the boards.

Have you reported these things in game? Because saying it here won't do you much good if you want to see it fixed (even though it's good to let off steam every now and then Smile ).

Liath,
Also playing Ryzom, avatar name = Lavender
KiKi
Veteran Explorer
Veteran Explorer

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2004 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi fidalco, I too had the same problem. Below is what ubi support told me to do this week. After turning off the sound completely and reducing the graphics, my lag has dropped to almost nothing. I did not turn off the only other programs I had running which are my virus and firewall software. But ... not having any sound is very disappointing! I love the music and now I can't hear any of it. Crying or Very sad

"Thank you for contacting the Uru: Ages Beyond Myst Live customer care team.

We understand your frustration as there has been much server degredation recently and many other players are experiencing similar things. We have a series of recommendations that may reduce client-side lag and hence enhance game performance and maybe limit crashes.

When in-game, shutting off processes or programs running in the background such as Virus scanners, Firewall utilities such as PoP scanners, MSN messenger, I.C.Q and other things like this will help by giving your system less to process. You can also try lowering your screen resolution, as well as lowering your in-game textures, changing from 32-bit to 16-bit color or switching the anti-aliasing off. If the situation is more extreme turn your sound off. Also, when in-game and you feel everything start to slowdown, sometimes standing still for a few seconds lets your PC catch up with the data stream.

Well you can try those, for starters if none of them help then let us know and we will take a closer look at the situation.

Thanks for your patience and understanding,

-Thank you URU:Ages Beyond Myst, Live CCR team-"
KiKi
Veteran Explorer
Veteran Explorer

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2004 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't get on Atrus or Achenar servers and can't get into the city on Katran...boo-hoo!! Crying or Very sad Oh well... I'll stay away to let the weekenders have a chance to get in.

Here are some rumors I'll pass on:

1. The inner city library area is open and it has the 31st marker.

2. In the early beta testing, they had a linking stone to the hood classroom and egg room rooftop. Hopefully they will return this stone in the next update so we don't have to make the balcony jump again to get the white GZ markers. I could not find out where this stone was located in the beta.

3. There will be a big announcement next week. I could not find out what it will be about.
Liath
Veteran Explorer
Veteran Explorer

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2004 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KiKi wrote:
Can't get on Atrus or Achenar servers and can't get into the city on Katran...boo-hoo!! Crying or Very sad Oh well... I'll stay away to let the weekenders have a chance to get in.

2. In the early beta testing, they had a linking stone to the hood classroom and egg room rooftop. Hopefully they will return this stone in the next update so we don't have to make the balcony jump again to get the white GZ markers. I could not find out where this stone was located in the beta.

3. There will be a big announcement next week. I could not find out what it will be about.

31st marker? we only need 30 in the first series?

Liath,
Also playing Ryzom, avatar name = Lavender
NSymon
Friend of The Great Tree
Friend of The Great Tree

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2004 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Liath wrote:
KiKi wrote:

31st marker? we only need 30 in the first series?

Yep we only need 30 for the first set, but with the 31st one, I'm guessing there's a couple of extra ones about the cavern incase you miss getting any of the other ones like the one on the roof of the classroom.
Aahz
Explorer
Explorer

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2004 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could be so that the SF'ers can get all of they're markers without the "problems" of having to go around the barricades. If so, there will have to be at least 33.

Atrus: 02529227
Katran: 02231030
Ashtar
Friend of The Great Tree
Friend of The Great Tree

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2004 1:05 pm    Post subject: Atrus Down most of the weekend Reply with quote

I haven't been able to get on Atrus for most of the weekend. It always comes back with the "Failed to get player list from the vault". And of course, nobody from Cyan or Ubi are around to fix the problems until Monday. I can get into Achenar, but the Great Zero access disappeared from my Nexus terminal a few days ago. So that leaves Katran, and I'm afraid of what might happen when I give that a shot Confused
Durin Mephit
Great Tree Officer
Great Tree Officer

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2004 4:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is the status of the GT hood on each of the servers now, anyway?

Last I knew:

* Brian created the original Great Tree Neighborhood on Atrus
* An unknown party created the Great Tree Neighborhood on Katran. It is even possible that this hood was renamed from a public hood, and that normal players get assigned to it.
* In lieu of the Katran GT hood, There is a Great Tree Pub Neighborhood on Katran, created by Albert Bowen.
* There is a Great Tree Neighborhood on Achenar, created by Saxy

This is merely the last known information I had on each. Can anyone provide an update? I know a "Brian Fioca" allegedly visited the Katran Great Tree Neighborhood this very night but I also don't know if that's the same Brian or if someone was masquerading as him. Hopefully there are no imposters!

Currently I have only managed to join the GT on Atrus and would like to get my membership into the appropriate 'hood on each of the shards.

- Marten (on all three servers - see if you can predict my shirt color by server name!)
Kam Uraki
Veteran Explorer
Veteran Explorer

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2004 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Correction! I founded the Great Tree hood on Atrus! Evil or Very Mad
Durin Mephit
Great Tree Officer
Great Tree Officer

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2004 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My sincerest apologies! OK, that's the first correction.

* Kam Uraki created the Great Tree Neighborhood on shard Atrus.
* (unknown person) created the Great Tree Neighborhood on shard Katran.
* Albert Bowen created the Great Tree Pub Neighborhood on shard Katran.
* Saxy created the Great Tree Neighborhood on shard Achenar.

Is this accurate or are there more updates?
Kam Uraki
Veteran Explorer
Veteran Explorer

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2004 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Much better. Very Happy (Credit where it's due, y'know Wink )
brian
Fearless Leader
Fearless Leader

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2004 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rolling Eyes

Kam Uraki
Veteran Explorer
Veteran Explorer

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2004 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing
Thalia
Explorer
Explorer

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2004 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Confused

C'mon guys...

'My heart is mine to give to whom I choose.'

Atrus KI# 04664342
Katran KI# 02320140
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Great Tree Forum Index -> Neighborhood All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: