The Great Tree Forum Index The Great Tree
still kickin'

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Poster ListPoster List   Member ListMember List  UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Links:   great tree   uru live   uru obsession   drc site  

Documentaries:    learn the story of the great tree

A Post from Grey Dragon

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ashtar
Friend of The Great Tree
Friend of The Great Tree

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2004 8:59 am    Post subject: A Post from Grey Dragon Reply with quote

Ryan posted this message up on the UO forum. I thought you might like to read it:

Quote:
I just wanted to say, if you happen to be in Minnesota or on a plane and see a great Tree jacket. No your not seeing things. I will proudly be wearing my jacket.

Everyone involved in Uru Live will always be a special place in my heart. My business card still says Live Tech Analyst, and even though me and Bill have different titles now.. I will never forget live.

IN other news if the great tree needs help with the jackets and stuff. Maybe I could help you as a side project. This wouldn't be Cyan helping you, it would be just Ryan Warzecha forever fan of the Great Tree and Mr. Douglas Sharper. Email me and I'll look into it when I get back from vacation.

GD

There you go Professor. I would send Ryan a note and see what can be done about the jacket situation. I'm glad we were able to get one to him and the others at Cyan. They are a bunch of good people.
Professor Askew
Great Tree Member
Great Tree Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2004 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of course I'll keep that in mind. Great to hear from GD , as always.

What's that about Minnesota? Is that where he's vacationing? Or has he moved? He's still employed with Cyan, right?

I just woke up......hope these aren't stupid questions.....
Mystlander
Great Tree Member
Great Tree Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2004 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OOC:

Ummmmm, I'm a little confused now. I saw GreyDragon in cavern several times as himself. Is he saying that he also played the part of Douglas Sharper? If so, WHOOT!

By the way, who played the parts of Phil Henderson and other DRC members? Just curious...

EDIT: Professor, I just noticed that you changed your signature from Intellectual Clown to Guild of Clothiers... Laughing
URU Live KI #: 50911 MOULa KI #11697212

Last edited by Mystlander on Fri Apr 23, 2004 5:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
NSymon
Friend of The Great Tree
Friend of The Great Tree

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2004 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I saw GD in the cavern a few times as well along with a few others, CyanBill, Tim Larkin (that was a great night when he was talking about the music) and Rand coming on the last night, the Guild of Greeters hood was packed out.

That's really cool about GD offering to help with the jackets.
CuzinJohn
Great Tree Member
Great Tree Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2004 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mystlander wrote:

Ummmmm, I'm a little confused now. I saw GreyDragon in cavern several times as himself. I he saying that he also played the part of Douglas Sharper? If so, WHOOT!

That's not how I read it...

It sounds to me like he was trying to say that he, Ryan, is a fan of TGT and of D. Sharper... not that he WAS D. Sharper.

It's open for interpretation, though... i guess... maybe...

Science is how you talk about the universe with words that bind it to a common reality.
Magic is how you talk to the universe with words that it cannot ignore.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Ashtar
Friend of The Great Tree
Friend of The Great Tree

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2004 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mystlander wrote:
OOC:

Ummmmm, I'm a little confused now. I saw GreyDragon in cavern several times as himself. I he saying that he also played the part of Douglas Sharper? If so, WHOOT!

I think Ryan was just making a general statement about Uru Live and support of the Great Tree, not that he actually played a role as Douglas Sharper. And perhaps the people at Cyan don't want those identities to be known. I do hope we get to see more of Sharper's journals in the future expansion packs.

Professor: Don't worry, he and Bill are just taking a bit of vacation time. I remember one of them mentioning they have 200 hours of vacation time they haven't touched. So they certainly deserve a good break from us fans Smile
Professor Askew
Great Tree Member
Great Tree Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2004 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am sure those boys deserve a breather. No question about it.

And I do not believe that GD had anything to do with the role of Sharper. He's just a fan like us....
Jon
Great Tree Member
Great Tree Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2004 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It certainly makes one wonder, though...

If we could track down whoever it was, it would certainly make for some interesting conversation. I'd say a jacket would be called for (assuming things keep going, of course, and that Prof doesn't go postal on us in the process). Laughing

On the other hand, it might ruin some of the effect... hard to say.
greydragon
Cyantist
Cyantist

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2004 1:50 pm    Post subject: Playing Doug Reply with quote

Nope, I was not Douglas Sharper. I just like the jacket. It will go with me on many of my journeys.

Nice new site. I plan to watch here very carefully.

GD
NSymon
Friend of The Great Tree
Friend of The Great Tree

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2004 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Grey Dragon

Welcome to the GT Forum, cool to have you here. Yeah the jacket is really cool and mine goes with me wherever I go.
Ashtar
Friend of The Great Tree
Friend of The Great Tree

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2004 2:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Playing Doug Reply with quote

greydragon wrote:
Nope, I was not Douglas Sharper. I just like the jacket. It will go with me on many of my journeys.

Nice new site. I plan to watch here very carefully.

GD

Welcome to The Great Tree GD! I'm sure the professor is pleased that you are enjoying your jacket. Mine is still in my closet, waiting for fall Smile Daedalus and Brian are doing a nice job on the site. Right now Farlesis is getting many of the journal transcriptions uploaded into the Encyclopedia. And I need to get busy writing an article I promissed for the site. Again, good to have you aboard.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Great Tree Forum Index -> The Cavern All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: