The Great Tree Forum Index The Great Tree
still kickin'

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Poster ListPoster List   Member ListMember List  UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Links:   great tree   uru live   uru obsession   drc site  

Documentaries:    learn the story of the great tree

Jack Wall's website launched

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Great Tree Forum Index -> Myst, Riven, Exile, Revelation, End of Ages
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NSymon
Friend of The Great Tree
Friend of The Great Tree

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2004 1:37 pm    Post subject: Jack Wall's website launched Reply with quote

http://www.jackwall.net/
vekral nikranias
Explorer
Explorer

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2004 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. that is really cool. I'm sad to hear that he has anything to do with Barbie, though.
NSymon
Friend of The Great Tree
Friend of The Great Tree

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2004 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Vekral

Welcome to the Great Tree forum Smile

Hmm yes Barbie, not something you want to be associated with. I had no idea he'd done the music for 'Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow' the music for that is just amazing. Really looking forward to hearing the soundtrack for Revelation. Also worth keeping an eye on Peter Gabriel's site for any news as he's contributing new material to the soundtrack. I checked yesterday, but it the news section hasn't been updated since March.

www.petergabriel.com

If you want to go deeper into Peter's site you have to register, but it's free and there's some cool video's and songs you can listen to.
NSymon
Friend of The Great Tree
Friend of The Great Tree

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2004 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update on Jack Walls blog:

Quote:
I'm really cranking on both Myst and the Bioware project. Having loads of fun writing every day. Not much time for much else at the moment. The real challenge right now is organizing the major trip I've got coming up to Paris - to see Peter Gabriel in concert - then Bratislava to record their 76 piece orchestra for Myst IV, then off to Warsaw to work with the inimitable Warsaw Village Band, then Montreal to work with Dragana. A really amazing choir that specializes in the Balkan style made famous by the Bulgarian Women's Choir. While I'm over there, I have about 7 days to myself out of the 3 weeks I'll be gone. I'll be writing for Bioware's project no doubt on the road! Lots to do on that yet.

This Thursday, I'm going to have 7 Taiko drummers banging away for that project. Very much looking forward to that. Frantically prepping for them to record about 8 pieces. Should be a nice huge sound. Man I love live music. Really gets the blood flowing.

Incidentally, I had the privilege of attending a Jame Horner scoring session last week. My friends Brian O'Connor and Phil Ayling set me up to take a family from my daughter's school to the session. It was intense. 113 players at Todd-AO with 5 pianos and a 20 voice choir from England singing in, you guessed it, the Bulgarian/Balkan style!! They were off the hook!! They did an impromptu performance for the 113 member orchestra and they were perfect. Just amazing.

Well, back to work, 2 more cues to finish for the Bioware project.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Great Tree Forum Index -> Myst, Riven, Exile, Revelation, End of Ages All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: