The Great Tree Forum Index The Great Tree
still kickin'

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Poster ListPoster List   Member ListMember List  UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Links:   great tree   uru live   uru obsession   drc site  

Documentaries:    learn the story of the great tree

what do YOU want in future xpacks?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gadren
Great Tree Member
Great Tree Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2004 6:20 pm    Post subject: what do YOU want in future xpacks? Reply with quote

at UO, i started a list for what we want in future xpacks...here's the first set of suggestions, which i've sent to Cyan:

Quote:
Dear Cyan,

We at Uru Obsession would like to voice our support for the Uru expansion packs that you are in the process of making. We understand that you are very busy

working to release Uru: Path of the Shell, but we would like to suggest several ideas for future expansions. While we realize that it's unlikely that you

use these in Path of the Shell (as I'm sure you don't have time), we'd like for you to at least consider the following proposals:

Clothing:
-Tight-fitting leather gloves...fingerless gloves don't look good on me, and work gloves have big baggy fingers that look clumsy for my avatar...
-Make hair and hats seperate customizations in AvatarCustomization...right now, those bald men who want a hat must get hair with it... (I'd love to be able

to have long hair under Sharper's hat. And I'd like to be able to have loose long hair--long hair sans ponytail. It would be nice if we could choose style

and length seperately. )
-Let us import textures for shirts.
-Maintainer's Suit.
-I'd like to have my parted down the middle style to put in the game.
-A flashlight or headlamp (fire-marble powered perhaps) would help out a lot when in Ae'gura (then, there could be a key to activate it, but it could only be

used on the hard hats...then the clothing would have a purpose, like if you knew that you were going into a dark area, you'd get your hard hat).
-Some D'ni Clothing (since the storyline seems to be leaning towards Yeesha's restoration of D'ni civilization, this would fit well).
-A fancy Duster or some other long Coat
-D'ni Glasses...when you have them on, you can see better in the dark, or could see some things closer with magnification.
-Give the backpack the ability to hold stuff in it.
-More shoes.
-More hat options.
-A skirt or a denim jumper to wear.
-Sun glasses.

Interface:
-Allow us to write journal entries in the KI. this could help us with IC journals, or copying notes that can be easily accessed.
-Let us delete KI pictures in-game, instead of having to go into the KIimages folder.
-The ability to swim and perhaps climb in certain areas would be useful.
-Ability to use the chat commands and input text into the KI via the "chat channel"
-As for the KI, how about if you could use it as a communication device similar to Instant Messaging? That would be almost as cool as the online game, and

there could be a button where you could turn it off from online communication if you preferred to explore on your own.
-I hope the music box can play MP3s
-I hope the imager can have things like albums to seperate different pic(like fun pics vs needed pics)
-I hope the imager will be able to do more then just JPEG images
-I hope the KI will be able to link to your music box and play music from anywhere
-Controls on the imager so I could fast-forward or reverse to the pix I wanted to see, or change the frequency of the slide show.
-It would be very nice to be able to flip to another song easily with the music player.
-How about the ability to record videos of gameplay on your KI! That way, we would be able to use the imager as a TV. We could also put our own videos in the

imager by dragging the video files into the KIvideos folder.
-I really want to be able to use my arms to pick up things, very tired of kicking/bumping into things to move them!

Graphics:
-Fix the low-resolution graphics on the books in the relto shelf and elsewhere...having low quality graphics there detracts from the realism of the game.
-Try implementing some mild shaders for DX8 or DX9 cards. This of course doesn't have to be in the next Xpack, but something maybe to do down the road.
-A Detailed Pic of a Bahro

Sound:
-Give back sound to Eddie the beachball...he seems so dead now and it's not as fun to kick him around.
-Ability to access the music box via KI for music on the go, volume control (when i sit out on my relto music is hard to hear)

Ages/Areas:
-More 'famous' areas, areas referred to in the Myst books...we have the Cleft and the Great Shaft, but how about areas like Aitrus' house, Gehn's Study, the

Council Rooms, and maybe Gemedet?
-The Great Shaft and nearby areas
-The rest of Ae'gura
-Er'cana, Negilahn, or both; maybe others as well
-Perhaps other parts of the tunnels of D'ni
-access to K'veer
-access to the DRC's office (the one with Bob O'goobo)
-The Green KI doors in Gahreesen to open
-And more outdoor ages
-I'd like to see the city proper and some of the mansions on the islands.
-A cave on that ledge behind relto
-More seasonal weather. Snow on Relto, or maybe an "ice age" somewhere. Give us the chance to wear some of our cold-weather clothing.
-I want to be able to explore more areas on Ae'gura, and see the islands of K'veer and Neref, and to see Faresh's house of illusion!
-More outdoor/daylight Ages sort of like Eder Kemo.
-More spontaneous weather (i.e. rain, snow, wind) and different seasons as we go through the Ages.
-The burial age and the Guild of Caterer's Ages mentioned in the BoT, infected or not.

Plot:
-even though the DRC is 'gone', don't remove them completely from the plot...i liked them, and without them, how can we continue IC discussions on who's

right? maybe have things point towards a return of the DRC?
-I would like to see the game evolve over time, the way that Sharper's journal did once. Just a few interesting changes here and there, or a door that opens

on a certain day, or the algae getting brighter. Or even just a note from someone to someone, you know?
-More evidence that we are not alone down there.
-evidence of the "rebuilding" effort that Atrus undertook with the survivors of D'ni - we haven't seen/heard anything of them in Uru.
-I wonder if they could add fleeting glimpses of Sharper, Watson, or even Phil (if he has not parted this plane of existance) as we move through the ages

just to add to the feeling we are not alone. It would be REALLY cool to meet Watson, even if it was just for him to deliver a message then link away....

Puzzles:
-Bring back some marker games, maybe for the wait for x2, so we have something to do...
-But not so many "hide-and-seek" puzzles. I'd like to see more of the traditional Myst-type puzzles in upcoming XPs.
-Not as many physical puzzles (eg. fishtraps, Gahreesen jump). A good puzzle should leave me with an ache between the ears, not in my mouse hand.

Objects:
-Return the Inspired Verse book to the Community Room...it was always nice to read some of that whenever i was bored in Live...maybe have a poetry contest

every now and then, and each winner gets their poem added to the book...and the book increases in content over time...
-A TON more data notebooks! Like culture, guilds, LANGUAGE, linking theory, garohevtee, and the like...maybe some 'Kings Journals'-style books for the Lords.
-Books in the Ae'gura library
-A Day/Night page for Relto ala Phil (have it so when it's on, it's night, off, it's day.)
-Maybe we could pick up one of the lanterns that are left lying about everywhere
-A "flying boat" so I can visit the far islands in Relto
-An accurate map of "Known D'ni"
-The boat at the docks (good place to put the boat Yeesha page)
-ability to change the color of my relto sky (This can already be done with hacks, but still...)
-Ability to carry firemarbles with you. (in the hand perhaps)
-Some strategically-placed computer-generated avatars that we could interact with if we so choose?
-A pet for relto would be nice, even if it's just a fish tank (maybe we could get some Flappers from Teledahn, those are cute)
-A fishing pole for lower Kemo.
-A canoe for lower Gira.

Technical:
-Fix the lag problem that XP1 caused, as most people cannot afford to upgrade thier computers once or twice a year to accomidate a single game.

Other:
-Loads of D'ni vocabulary....I want to be able to really speak D'ni, like in everyday life...or at least something to translate.

We are very grateful for your continued work in bringing the history of the D'ni to us...we hope that these suggestions help you in your work.

With devotion (and obsession),
Uru Obsession

i'm making a second list, and i'd like it to be substansial...

if any of you have ideas, PLEASE make them known! we can have some influence here!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Zen-17
Veteran Explorer
Veteran Explorer

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2004 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know if they'd listen to me, but I do have thoughts on what I'd like to see more of.

When Uru was Live, it would've been much easier to create custom emotes. Creating 3d model animation software and distribute it to players to design and engineer their 'emotes'. Then submit to a team at Cyan Worlds who review models and assign a command to each then draft the modified ideas for end-of-week review by Cyan Worlds staff. Incorporate any new emotes into the final version of the next expansion pack. Like /salute or /knee or /cartwheel , or anything an explorer can think of. Shouldn't be too costly--the initial design software would be the largest part.

Adjust values for individual 'walks'. Stride length, etc. Distinguish yourself with a unique walk.

Facial expressions that actually change. I don't care if it's player-adjustable or not, I just dislike feeling that I am a plastic figurine. Also, no one can stand completely still. Maybe slouch a little. Balance your weight on your left knee. Straighten your hat. Blink more.

Journals written entirely in D'ni, for our own translation. More opportunities, in general, for translation and detailed artifact examination. Specifically small and ornamented devices, like the D'ni timpiece from Gehn's 233rd Age, and non-mechanical items as well.

Also, maybe some explanation for what Yeesha and the Great King and a few others have been able to do. Not necessarily the identities of any circles, but, I'd like to have this Art thing a bit more mapped out. As it is, I'm having trouble keeping track of it.

In any case, what they've got so far is great, I suppose. Anything can always be better, and I'm sure they'll make it better in ways none of us have requested but all of us will appreciate.

P.S. You're absolutely right, 'post' does sound better with an 'a'. Except in relation the mail, I think. With online forums, definitely.
KnightShayde
Veteran Explorer
Veteran Explorer

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2004 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

VERY tired now (currently at hour number three of reading GT journals.and fourms)....but i will say this...I WANT TO SIT AGAIN>>>>
well.. atleast..for my avatar to sit again...like it was in live
NSymon
Friend of The Great Tree
Friend of The Great Tree

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2004 5:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you can sit? I'm sure I remember when I was in Eder Kemo recently sitting on one of the benches.

I would like to see the Council Chamber and the Palace. Also interested in seeing in some of the Guild Halls like the Guild of Writers. Also wonder if we will eventually be able to see the home of Aitrus and Ti'ana when they lived with his parents, if the house is still standing that is. Which could in turn lead to visiting Gemedet.
Jon
Great Tree Member
Great Tree Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2004 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I had to pick one thing I want, I think it would be plot related. The whole thing is in dissaray now, because of the cancellation of Live, and I think they need to add a reasonable excuse for us to be down there. As it is, we're just wandering, which is entertaining, but there's a limited sense of accomplishment because, as it is, there's not really anything to accomplish.
Jaharen
Great Tree Member
Great Tree Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2004 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm with Jon.
MOULa KI: #10750831
Ashtar
Friend of The Great Tree
Friend of The Great Tree

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2004 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jon wrote:
If I had to pick one thing I want, I think it would be plot related. The whole thing is in dissaray now, because of the cancellation of Live, and I think they need to add a reasonable excuse for us to be down there. As it is, we're just wandering, which is entertaining, but there's a limited sense of accomplishment because, as it is, there's not really anything to accomplish.

I agree with you also Jon. But perhaps that will come with the next expansion pack. With the new ages, it won't matter as much that there is not much to do in the cavern. But it would be nice if we had some task to accomplish in D'ni, or could discover something new.
KnightShayde
Veteran Explorer
Veteran Explorer

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2004 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok..im back..and i m awake this time..heh heh....

ok..when i said "sitting" ..i ment like when we had live..and could "sit" whenever we wanted..lkke in the midle of the floor..or..(on relto and the kemo....) in the water...

also..i definetly want a light source...those firefilies are too darn picky and limit one's options..(and they dont stay wity you when you leave the eder ages..they fly off.and you cant get them back)..so either latterns (plenty of them to pick up...) and or firemarbles woudl be great (as anyone else noticed what i think are firemarbles int he XP1? colured ones in THE drc hood..and white ones lying on the ground near the "clock" sphere infront of the class room in bevin? cant pick them up..but i can kick them around...

defintley expand the clothing options..and i like the idea of being able to set up hair length/style as sepreat from the hats...a long coat is a must...

AGes..well let see quite a few mentioned int he BOD series...gemdet looks like it would be both interesting ..and feeslbel..nice lilttle place to visit...the catering ages (hey give us a "garden" yeesha page for our food.

relto pages..hmm well the above mentioned garden page...for one..also very important...A BED!!!! is that so much to ask for yeesha...a bed...)....
(end rant)..a writing desk perhaps where we can keep Journal (books) of our own? either a cave (or id prefer a nice Dn'i styled house on that cliff by the relto hut...we have a llibary sure..but what about the rest fo the "house"..kitchen, bedroom, pantry..and living area..?(maybe it goes both into the mountain behind the libary hut..and below the ground(heck theres ENOUGH room UNDER the thing...why not put it to good use??

(hmm might need an "elevator" page.. a "rock garden" page like they use in asia..(we already have the sticks and stones to use in the area)...

a park bench.....a fruit tree..
Paper laternd (like in the drc hood..) for our relto...a "brain tree" page..for those of us who want to keep the fireflies..(rains..they go into tree..no rain they can flitter about...not gopoof ).
various weather pages (snow..wind..etc)..(the aura boriealis page..like RIME age from realMYST....
a "bridge" page that connects all the little isles in the sky with the main relto land mass??

im sure i can think of more if i try..heh heh..
NSymon
Friend of The Great Tree
Friend of The Great Tree

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2004 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Knightshayde

Sorry my fault I misunderstood what you were saying about sitting, yes I'd like that sitting option that we could have in live where you could sit down anywhere.

I love the idea of carrying a lantern around with a firemarble in, that would be pretty cool. I also love the idea of a writing desk with a book on that has our journal notes in.

Some pretty cool ideas you have, although I'm thinking were going to need a bigger relto or it might just get a little crowded with everything Smile
KnightShayde
Veteran Explorer
Veteran Explorer

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2004 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigger relto..nah.. Very Happy Cool
relto ilsle is bigeonugh.....the libary hut would be just one building.....
the top of the mountain is a water fall..but between taht and the "ground " floor is plenty of space...also that area to the "left" of the libaray hut...small path that goes up side to mountain and dead ends with two trees....good place to put Cave/dni house ...into mountain side..and if you go first person veiw atthose two trees..looks like there is more land space BEHIND the mountain too... Cool
also...under ground..lots of room (for those who dont belive me..go third person...go to an edge of the relto ilse..((any edge))..and look DOWN>>>

heck we could have our OWN underground city with that much space..... Shocked ACk Exclamation

also ..had another thought.."gazzebo page"...and lets not forget there are lots of "baby ilses"..oen or two look like they might big enought to put "something " on...esp with a "bridge page" to get there...who knows mabye futer "Reltopages" might make some of them bigger....??(edit) just had one of those things that makes my head hurt (IDEA..).. Rolling Eyes
inside relto hut...warrbobe is same location as the myst bookcase secret door....how bout a relto page taht puts a lever or something on a wall in the hut..that when used makes the "closet" slide down into floor ..with a door behind it that goes into "living" arrea built into the mountain?? Idea
Trahald
Great Tree Member
Great Tree Member

Location: Milky Way:Sol System:Earth:North America:USA:Ohio:Cincinnati

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2004 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cool. I want the wardrobe thing at the very least.

And if you cross the "Instant Messager" idea with the "KIs accessing music box" idea,then you could have "access friend's music boxes"

I'm thinking, if they get live back up, they could have a page that puts one of those little "insert KI here" sort of things right next to the canen...
KnightShayde
Veteran Explorer
Veteran Explorer

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2004 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool Shocked now why didnt i think of that one...??? Shocked
Trahald
Great Tree Member
Great Tree Member

Location: Milky Way:Sol System:Earth:North America:USA:Ohio:Cincinnati

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2004 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ADHD has its advantages.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Great Tree Forum Index -> URU Expansions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: