The Great Tree Forum Index The Great Tree
still kickin'

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Poster ListPoster List   Member ListMember List  UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Links:   great tree   uru live   uru obsession   drc site  

Documentaries:    learn the story of the great tree

"You guys are gonna love it"

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jon
Great Tree Member
Great Tree Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2004 1:13 am    Post subject: "You guys are gonna love it" Reply with quote

On the last day of Live, Bill stopped by and said that we, the great tree specifically, were going to love the expansion. At the time, we took it to mean that there were going to be a few GT references in it, or something like that, but I have yet to find anything after completing XP1. Did I miss it, or were we just mistaken?
Mystlander
Great Tree Member
Great Tree Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2004 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There were many journal references to The Great Tree (or people of the tree) in the Hall of King's room. You will also find references in the hand written journals on the table in the Library.

I think Farlesis, has his work cut out for him... Wink
URU Live KI #: 50911 MOULa KI #11697212

Last edited by Mystlander on Wed Mar 24, 2004 8:49 am; edited 1 time in total
NSymon
Friend of The Great Tree
Friend of The Great Tree

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2004 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mystlander wrote:

I think Farlesis, has his work cut out for him... Wink

LOL Mystlander, can't wait to see and read all the journals, haven't got that far yet, I'm just having a great time seeing eveything again. All the Ages just feel so different, I don't know why that is. Everything just feels more vibrant.

[EDIT] ROFL I've just seen all the notebooks in the Hall of Kings Laughing
Jaharen
Great Tree Member
Great Tree Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2004 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're right about the Ages being more vibrant. I've thought that too. They seem brighter, cheerier. Eder Gira has always seemed kind of menacing to me until I saw it last night. I was finally able to admire the beauty of the Age.
MOULa KI: #10750831
NSymon
Friend of The Great Tree
Friend of The Great Tree

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2004 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jaharen wrote:
You're right about the Ages being more vibrant. I've thought that too. They seem brighter, cheerier. Eder Gira has always seemed kind of menacing to me until I saw it last night. I was finally able to admire the beauty of the Age.

Yeah I was wandering about Kadish near the pyramid and I just thought wow like you say everything looks brighter, the colour just seems much more alive.
Durin Mephit
Great Tree Officer
Great Tree Officer

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2004 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You folks are not alone; in several places it looks to me like they've tweaked the light-sourcing or brightened the artwork in the game. I'm still trying to figure out where the bright light is coming from in Phil's Relto - my shadow is quite visible on the bookshelf yet I cannot find a single point of light in the room that would explain it.

There are other subtle little changes that I appreciate as well. Books such as Douglas' journal now open back up to the last page viewed, rather than always returning to the beginning - at least within a single game. I haven't checked to see if the effect persists over quitting and reloading (but I hope it does).

I found the change in the marker game to be somewhat confusing. Markers have been in roughly the same locations as before (so far), but I was surprised to find that now I must always click on the markers themselves rather than clicking on the KI. I guess I need to go back and re-read the KI book in the GZ Observatory. I noticed it seemed to have been revised but didn't thoroughly re-read it.

I'm slightly irritated that there's no Nexus link to the Observatory anymore, but I guess normally you only need to visit that room twice and you're done with it, and this way the Nexus computer doesn't require a scrollbar.

I dislike that there seems to be no in-game mechanism for deleting pictures from the KI.

I only opened up the rest of the city last night before bed, so I still have much to see; I did glance at how many books were in the Hall of the Kings, and I finally saw the inside of the Library, just before shutting down the computer and passing out.
NSymon
Friend of The Great Tree
Friend of The Great Tree

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2004 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marten wrote:

I'm slightly irritated that there's no Nexus link to the Observatory anymore, but I guess normally you only need to visit that room twice and you're done with it, and this way the Nexus computer doesn't require a scrollbar.

Have you checked your city linking book? The one with links to Kadish Gallery, the balconies etc. I have links in there now to the Observatory, Takotah Alley and the Palace Alcove.
Durin Mephit
Great Tree Officer
Great Tree Officer

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2004 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ooh, no, I hadn't checked that. A link to the GZ Observatory in my Ae'gura book. What a concept! Smile
Mystlander
Great Tree Member
Great Tree Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2004 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I missed something... ???

Tehl Nava posted a picture of a book that links an explorer to the top of the Kadish pyramid... I never found it in XP1. Did I miss a clue, a clue, a clue? Sad
URU Live KI #: 50911 MOULa KI #11697212
Jon
Great Tree Member
Great Tree Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2004 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you might have missed a photoshop, a photoshop, a photoshop... Wink

I haven't heard of anythign like that from anyone else, that's for sure, and it seems like something that people would enjoy/spread around.

As far as deleting images from the KI, the default directory for the image folder is C:\Program Files\Ubi Soft\Cyan Worlds\Uru - Ages Beyond Myst\KIimages. Go there and delete to your heart's content Very Happy . Concievably, you could also make some spoof images, or even a real photograph, and put them IN there, and watch them show up on your imager.
Durin Mephit
Great Tree Officer
Great Tree Officer

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2004 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, the Readme specified that one could add images to that directory (though it recommended said images be no larger than 800x600), but still, I think it is "clunky" to have to delete pictures by using an interface outside of Uru. That's just my opinion.
Tehl Nava
Banned
Banned

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2004 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mystlander wrote:
I think I missed something... ???

Tehl Nava posted a picture of a book that links an explorer to the top of the Kadish pyramid... I never found it in XP1. Did I miss a clue, a clue, a clue? Sad

Jon wrote:
I think you might have missed a photoshop, a photoshop, a photoshop... Wink

I haven't heard of anythign like that from anyone else, that's for sure, and it seems like something that people would enjoy/spread around.

I did not edit that pic.

It was a linking stone to the top of the Kadish pyramid. The stone is/was/will be in Ae'gura by the library.

Friend of The Great Tree
Friend of The Great Tree

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2004 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tehl is right on this one. The Bahro stone appears in a hacked version of the game and it links to the top of the Kadish pyramid. I looked for it in the XP, but the stone is not there.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Great Tree Forum Index -> URU Expansions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: