The Great Tree Forum Index The Great Tree
still kickin'

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Poster ListPoster List   Member ListMember List  UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Links:   great tree   uru live   uru obsession   drc site  

Documentaries:    learn the story of the great tree

33% and counting
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Professor Askew
Great Tree Member
Great Tree Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2004 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Kehrin: Would you believe that I'm already stuck on a puzzle?!

Stuck on a puzzle? I'm wandering around without a clue! lol.

Which I like just fine, actually. They've already surprised me with their approach to this whole thing. And frankly, I just enjoy not knowing. It lasts longer that way.

I just don't know what it is...I'm a reasonably intelligent guy...but when I get into Myst?...my brain turns to mush. Laughing Laughing

Ah, well. If I start to run out of food and water in a couple of weeks, I could always turn to the Spoiler section.
Kehrin
Veteran Explorer
Veteran Explorer

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2004 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tehl Nava, I was afraid that would happen to me, too. I just about held my breath as I installed. I feared something would be corrupt after that long download and I'd have to try it again. Mine worked ok, though.

I'm really enjoying it! I am definitely seeing some new stuff! Farlesis, we're going to be BUSY archiving stuff!

Smile
Tehl Nava
Banned
Banned

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2004 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Downloaded 2 copies. 1 from Gigex, 1 from 3D Gamers. After installation, eithar after trying to link into or out of Relto I gert my error message.

All this after a clean install.

Veteran Explorer
Veteran Explorer

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2004 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've heard a few other people saying they had the corrupt or missing file message. Maybe Maztec at the Ubisoft Uru webboards has info about correcting this in the tech help board. He can help troubleshoot the problem. Hope you get it solved quickly!

Smile
Jaharen
Great Tree Member
Great Tree Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2004 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got this message a couple times, but after a computer reboot, the program installed fine. Slow, but fine.

MOULa KI: #10750831
Mystlander
Great Tree Member
Great Tree Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2004 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tehl Nava wrote:
Downloaded 2 copies. 1 from Gigex, 1 from 3D Gamers. After installation, eithar after trying to link into or out of Relto I gert my error message.

All this after a clean install.

After your clean install, did you remember to install the URU patch?

If you would like To D'ni burned to a CD and mailed to you, please send me a PM.
URU Live KI #: 50911 MOULa KI #11697212
Durin Mephit
Great Tree Officer
Great Tree Officer

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2004 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

During the installation of To D'ni, all of your files except a few directories (notably the vnode cache and sav directories) are deleted if you install to the same location as your original URU installation.

Whereever you choose to install, you have to insert your original URU CD and the whole original Uru game is reinstalled (v1.0) from scratch. Then, To D'ni will patch the 1.0 files to add the expansion. Bundling the 1.2 changes into To D'ni actually keeps the expansion small, so they don't have to provide separate patches for 1.0, 1.2, and all the various versions of the files that were altered by Uru Live.

So, normally you should not need to either reinstall the original game from scratch or patch it to version 1.2. The To D'ni expansion will do it for you. Problems may arise, however, if the folders untouched by the expansion installation contain any corrupted files.

Uninstalling and reinstalling Uru may not necessarily remove all of the files in the installation directory - I haven't checked but it will probably leave the sav directory (I know that uninstalling the DEMO left the sav directory), so if you really want a fresh start, uninstall the program _then_ go into Program Files\Ubisoft\Cyan Worlds\Uru - Ages Beyond Myst and delete the other files and folders remaining. Then, launch the To D'ni executable and get your Uru CD ready, and let it install. (If you have lots of disk space and are in a hurry, alternatively just install To D'ni to a different folder.)

If after the above, you still see errors about missing or corrupted files, I've read in a few places that scaling back your graphics settings has solved startup problems for some players, so you might try that.
Trahald
Great Tree Member
Great Tree Member

Location: Milky Way:Sol System:Earth:North America:USA:Ohio:Cincinnati

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2004 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

40 minutes?! Shocked

thought it would be shorter.

Oh well, got time to go to the bookstore! Rolling Eyes
Tehl Nava
Banned
Banned

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2004 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My xpack still isn't working.

Now I'm getting a message that there's a problem with my build. Evil or Very Mad

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Great Tree Forum Index -> The Cavern All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: