The Great Tree Forum Index The Great Tree
still kickin'

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Poster ListPoster List   Member ListMember List  UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Links:   great tree   uru live   uru obsession   drc site  

Documentaries:    learn the story of the great tree

The Great Tree gives
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Great Tree Forum Index -> The Cavern
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sa'rUK
Veteran Explorer
Veteran Explorer

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2004 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe I'd better start posting more often...

The Lowly Veteran Explorer???
MO:ULagain KI:
Mystlander
Great Tree Member
Great Tree Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2004 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow... Sa'rUK, welcome back!
URU Live KI #: 50911 MOULa KI #11697212
NSymon
Friend of The Great Tree
Friend of The Great Tree

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2004 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mystlander wrote:
Wow... Sa'rUK, welcome back!

Oh yes it's definitely good to see you Sa'rUK. Hope everything is going well with you.
Tokai
Explorer
Explorer

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2004 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My …we are a charitable lot are we not? Keep them coming – tell me more about how much you give to so and so – I’m really not interested. Does putting pen to paper or rather keyboard to forum really make you feel better? Piffle! (English exclamation).

Just let it go… if you are not interested – then abstain from adding to the thread (the members with any sense have!).

Deriding me with your self-gratifying comments may make you feel better – but I rather suspect that anybody with any intellect will see that you are merely trying to justify your own feelings, conscience or whatever.

Hey! Let me tell you something…

If I see a post that I’m really against - I may enter a brief retort – and then ignore it completely. The post will die out of recognition.

I made a suggestion, something I would support in the GT – some of the ‘old sweats’ didn’t like it and vehemently told me so. That’s it, that’s all it was. You people that continue to add to the thread appear to me to be getting something off your chests (maybe a high – who knows) – so to speak. Don’t look at the thread – look at yourselves and what you are voicing on it.

I know where you’re at, and you know where I am – that’s all.

Hope the jacket fits.
Jon
Great Tree Member
Great Tree Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2004 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

... Confused

This is just getting annoying. We should just close this thread now and be done with it. We do have mods for a reason, I suppose.
Jaharen
Great Tree Member
Great Tree Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2004 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man, take a look at your own posts. You're asking for trouble. You wonder why people kept posting after your response to the first couple replies? It's because you continued to alienate us and accuse us of not caring.

Quote:
"Just let it go… if you are not interested – then abstain from adding to the thread (the members with any sense have!)."

Does this mean that you have no sense seeing how you keep posting? With every post, you alienate more people here and give them grief. If you want the virtual bloodshed to stop, simply make a post something like this:

"I'm sorry to those I offended. While I think that helping a charity would be a good idea, that decision can only be made on an individual basis. I'm glad that so many of you already help those in need."

Be the bigger man here. Step down from your self-righteous, arrogant, accusing, judgmental soapbox and take your own advice-let the matter drop and die out of recognition.

In my earlier posts, I was talking about credibility and how people only get it on forums by what they write. Well, you now have none with me because of how you've handled this situation. You could probably care less about what I think of you but you know what, I'll sleep tonight.

I'm with Jon. Can we get a mod in here?

EDIT: I found this, written by Tokai, in the "Uru Live and After" thread. I thought it was ironic considering how we're being treated now.

Quote:
And did you notice... Everybody was nice. I never met a bad person once.

MOULa KI: #10750831
NSymon
Friend of The Great Tree
Friend of The Great Tree

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2004 5:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay thread is now locked.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Great Tree Forum Index -> The Cavern All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: