The Great Tree Forum Index The Great Tree
still kickin'

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Poster ListPoster List   Member ListMember List  UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Links:   great tree   uru live   uru obsession   drc site  

Documentaries:    learn the story of the great tree

Exile detail that drove me crazy...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Great Tree Forum Index -> Myst, Riven, Exile, Revelation, End of Ages
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CuzinJohn
Great Tree Member
Great Tree Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2004 9:32 pm    Post subject: Exile detail that drove me crazy... Reply with quote

I just thought I'd share with you the one aspect of Exile that drove me out of me skull. Please, someone out there tell me that they saw the same thing I saw... so I don't feel so lonely.

OK, so once I opened the doors to all the 'tusks' to get to the various linking books, I noticed a 'structural detail' on the pedestal for the Edanna book.

If you still have the game loaded, go back and take a look if you haven't seen it before, but the pedestal CLEARY has a hinge on top edge of it and what looks like a handle on the bottom edge. I'll try to get a screenie of it posted if anyone out there is reading this and thinking, "Cuz, what in the heck are you talking about?!?"

No other pedestal has this feature, and I went out of my mind trying to figure out how to open it.

I finally got confirmation from an Exile developer that it served no practical purpose. It was put there for the sole purpose of making me a nut case.

Science is how you talk about the universe with words that bind it to a common reality.
Magic is how you talk to the universe with words that it cannot ignore.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
taniith
Great Tree Member
Great Tree Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2004 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

huh. You know, I think I remember wondering the first time I played if the handle served a perpose, and being stumped as to what it was (of course). Didn't think of it as I replayed exile over the past few days though. I would post the two pics I just took, but I dont have a place to host them Sad (yet)
NSymon
Friend of The Great Tree
Friend of The Great Tree

PostPosted: Sun Feb 29, 2004 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tanith

If you need a place to host pictures try the free place www.photobucket.com. They will host your images for you. I'm still trying to wrack my brains over the pedestal, but I can't seem to remember it, so a picture might refresh my mind Smile
taniith
Great Tree Member
Great Tree Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 29, 2004 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the idea:

CuzinJohn
Great Tree Member
Great Tree Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 29, 2004 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup... that's them.

I remember playing the game the first time.. Edanna was the last 'tusk' I got into, and approaching it I immediately noticed the horizaontal bar on the front edge. I thought, "hmm.. none of the other pedestals have THAT.." then when I got close to spin the little beads in their grooves, I saw the hinge... and I flipped! I was DETERMINED to open the pedestal.

touched everything... tried every (yes each of the 8^4 or 4096) combination of bead locations... pushing the damn button each time. nothing happened.

Well, that's not entirely true... there was one combination that after I pressed the button something DID happen... I thought "Ohmygod.. this is IT!!" but all that happened was the cage came down so I could get the book. Rolling Eyes

grrr....

BTW... thanx for putting in the pix, taniith!! Cool

Science is how you talk about the universe with words that bind it to a common reality.
Magic is how you talk to the universe with words that it cannot ignore.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Great Tree Forum Index -> Myst, Riven, Exile, Revelation, End of Ages All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: