The Great Tree Forum Index The Great Tree
still kickin'

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Poster ListPoster List   Member ListMember List  UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Links:   great tree   uru live   uru obsession   drc site  

Documentaries:    learn the story of the great tree

Timeline (Work in Progress)
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zen-17
Veteran Explorer
Veteran Explorer

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2004 6:08 pm    Post subject: Re: D'ni Timeline: Reply with quote

Mystlander wrote:
Perhaps this will help, a little, Farlesis:

(Dates)

NOTE: * Indicates information that needs to be confirmed by a secondary source before being considered correct.

Mystlander, out of curiosity (and interest in D'ni), I have to ask, did you convert all the unconverted dates yourself? If so, with a conversion program, or by your own calculation?

Edit: Edited out the last assumption about compilation in case it offended.
frankenscarf
Explorer
Explorer

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2004 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greetings all! Kehrin was nice enough to point me to this forum and thread so that I could share with you my D'ni Timeline.

The timeline is part of the 'Uru Archive' (see siggy), a graphical interface that allows you to read almost every book from Uru:Ages Beyond Myst. Not just the transcriptions, but the books themselves. Once you've entered the 'Uru Archive' you'll see an hourglass in the lower left corner. This opens the D'ni Timeline.

I have not compared my timeline with others started here and there around the net, including the one in this forum, and my timeline deals only with information available in game. I hope you like it and if you have any suggestions or corrections, please let me know.

Great to be here!

JOURNALS OF MYST & URU ARCHIVE - GET YOUR READ ON!
Mystlander
Great Tree Member
Great Tree Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2004 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW! Those are great websites that you've created, frankenscarf... I'm certain the Great Tree membership will enjoy perusing the pages while being soothed by the music!
URU Live KI #: 50911 MOULa KI #11697212
Kehrin
Veteran Explorer
Veteran Explorer

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2004 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to The Great Tree, frankenscarf!

Smile
Professor Askew
Great Tree Member
Great Tree Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2004 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome, Mr. Scarf!!! Welcome to the Great Tree!!!

Your.....site.....is......awesome!!
frankenscarf
Explorer
Explorer

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2004 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you, thank you Embarassed

Hopefully in the near future I'll be adding an exact date mouseover to the event flags. It's really just a matter of getting a day off when my heifer neighbors aren't stomping on my ceiling all day and I can concentrate on something other than moving far, far away. Evil or Very Mad

But I digress. Glad you all like it, thank you for the welcoming atmosphere. Very Happy

JOURNALS OF MYST & URU ARCHIVE - GET YOUR READ ON!
NSymon
Friend of The Great Tree
Friend of The Great Tree

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2004 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Frankenscarf

Welcome to the GT forum, it's a beautiful site you have. Thanks for letting us know about your timeline, its looking really great.
Daedalus
Overseer / Architect
Overseer / Architect

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2004 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amazing site, frankenscarf. It is an excellent resource for the community, and on top of that retains the feel from the Myst games and Uru Live. Brilliant. Smile
NSymon
Friend of The Great Tree
Friend of The Great Tree

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking at the new Myst Demo Atrus says it's been 20 years since he imprisoned his sons in the Prison Books and I'm trying to see if we can pin point the date to some specific time. I think the only accurate time we have is that Atrus and Catherine married 9431 DE and the rest is speculation? Unless Cyan have said the dates after their marriage are accurate?

Between their marriage and Anna's death in 9441 DE, Sirrus and Achenar were born and in 9458 DE Gehn successfully linked to his 233rd Age. So I reckon somwhere between 9441 DE amd 9458 DE the stranger arrives on Myst Island (Anna's grave already being there). In 9472 DE (AD 1816) the stranger arrives on Tomahna and the whole Saveedro thing happens. I'm guessing then that it's going to be somewhere around the late 9470's and early 9480's for the stranger's next arrivel on Tomahna for Revelation.

What does everyone else think?
Professor Askew
Great Tree Member
Great Tree Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Farlesis, Farlesis....you're throwing around a lot of dates here and I'm on no sleep....lol.....

Let's simplify: I thought it was said somewhere that Revelation takes place around 10 years after Exile. That sounds about right considering Yeesha's appearance. If that is accurate (it's at least close) then you can easily plug it into your timeline.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
NSymon
Friend of The Great Tree
Friend of The Great Tree

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL I can never simply things, always look at things in to complicated a way Smile

Thanks for the 10 year note, that would made it 9482 DE that the stranger arrives in Tomahna for the second time Smile
Trahald
Great Tree Member
Great Tree Member

Location: Milky Way:Sol System:Earth:North America:USA:Ohio:Cincinnati

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

About the ending of today's timeline, let's keep it real.

Quote:
1997:Cyan begins extensive measurements of and Ages.
2003: Uru, a game based on the DRC's efforts, is released to the public.
2004:FEB:Ubi pulls funding for Live(in-game:DRC "runs low on funds")
:AUG:Cyan re-activates the servers (in-game:former DRC members re-open cavern) the real Victor Laxman manages to hook the KI network up to the internet, and engineers are talking with friends on the fountain, while sitting on the fountain.

just an idea. (btw:trace the original Zandi liscense plate)
NSymon
Friend of The Great Tree
Friend of The Great Tree

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the modern day in character timeline referenced by Dr Watson upto 2003

•1987 John ‘Fighting Branch’ Loftin discovers D’ni.

•1988, March 19th John Loftin and Eli Zandi make their first journey together to the D’ni Caverns.

•1989 On the third expedition of John and Eli, they reach the D’ni cavern and see the ruined city. Eli starts the process of purchasing thousands of acres of land surrounding the area where the tunnels had been found.

•1990 Dr Watson accompanies John Loftin and Eli Zandi to D’ni.

•1991 John Loftin dies while on an expedition to D’ni with Dr Watson and Eli Zandi.

•1992 Dr Watson forms an expedition group. Eli Zandi and Dr Watson disagree on how to properly restore the D’ni City. Dr Watson begins work with Rand and Robyn Miller on what becomes Myst, based on the translations of Catherine’s journals.

•1993 Eli Zandi undergoes open-heart surgery and is warned to slow down. Before the release of Myst to the general public, Rand and Robyn Miller visit the D’ni Caverns for the first time.

•1994 Dr Watson organizes two massive trips, dubbed the ‘ice-cream’ trips because of the large amount of safety cones.

•1995 Small groups of people start heading out into the desert looking for a path to D’ni, saying they were ‘called’ to the desert. In November of this year Eli and his son Jeff Zandi part ways after a disagreement over the restoration of D’ni.

•1996 Eli Zandi dies of a heart attack, in his will he leaves the land to his son Jeff, and his fortune to the D’ni Restoration Foundation, an organisation he had established.

•1997 In January Dr Watson forms the D’ni Restoration Council (DRC). Douglas Sharper starts work on restoring Teledahn.

•1998 Cyan makes an expedition to D’ni.

•1999 A major expedition to D’ni brings much needed machinery and tools to the city.

•2000 The restoration of the City begins.

•2001 Restoration of the first neighbourhood begins.

•2002The DRC allows the first authorized explorers to visit D’ni.

•2003 Jeff Zandi convinces the DRC to let numerous people into D’ni. In December of that year, Phil Henderson a Restoration Engineer has an accident in the city, rumors abound to his disappearance as his body is never found. Dr Watson disappears from the DRC.

•2004 In February, the DRC announces the closure of the restoration of the city due to lack of funds. Explorers refuse to leave the city and with the help of Yeesha find there own way between D'ni and the surface.

http://www.thegreattree.com/tree/modules.php?name=Encyclopedia&op=content&tid=75&page=5

I will add the new stuff for August of this year about Victor Laxman
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Great Tree Forum Index -> D'ni Research All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: