The Great Tree Forum Index The Great Tree
still kickin'

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Poster ListPoster List   Member ListMember List  UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Links:   great tree   uru live   uru obsession   drc site  

Documentaries:    learn the story of the great tree

Right Now
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 370, 371, 372, 373, 374, 375  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Great Tree Forum Index -> Randomness Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Professor Askew
Great Tree Member
Great Tree Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2016 6:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right now...Obduction is almost here.
Durin Mephit
Great Tree Officer
Great Tree Officer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right now,

Obduction IS here. And I just had a lovely tour of the National Museum of Scotland in Edinburgh with Mac_Fife.

Click here: Marten & Mac at National Museum of Scotland
Erik
Great Tree Member
Great Tree Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2016 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All of the messaging boards are so quite... I guess everyone is avoiding the spoilers. I'm sure I did!

But right now... I finished Obduction!! And it was awesome! Cool
Durin Mephit
Great Tree Officer
Great Tree Officer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right now,

Prologue videos are offline, had a little problem with an OS upgrade.

Working to get things back online as soon as possible but it won't be immediate.
Durin Mephit
Great Tree Officer
Great Tree Officer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2016 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right now,

The videos should be back up.
Jmp12
Explorer
Explorer

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2016 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Martin! I liked those videos, glad you are still keeping them available.

Right now, I am watching videos on philosophy, and they are pretty cool, even though they are short.

Also, I wish a Linux version of Obduction existed. I really don't want to get Windows 10.
Erik
Great Tree Member
Great Tree Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 3:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right now, Cyan has accepted my translation for Obduction and as of now, Obduction is available in Dutch! Very Happy
Jmp12
Explorer
Explorer

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right now, account creation is back online for Cyan's myst online server!

Also, I'm wondering if others here have checked out Seltani, the multiplayer text-game set in the uru universe?
Durin Mephit
Great Tree Officer
Great Tree Officer

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right now,

I just got back from 13MAGNUS REAWAKENS, an event for the AR game Ingress.

There, I met up with an old friend - vidkid7. He was able to spot me thanks to a certain jacket. Very Happy
Jmp12
Explorer
Explorer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right now, I'm curious about what sort of game Ingress is? I know I could just google it, but I'd rather hear about it from a fan of the game.

Also, was the jacket a great tree jacket, or myst related jacket? Where could I get one of those? Sounds obscure enough that hardly anyone I know would recognize it, while still being recognizable to any myst fans I happened to run into.

Also, I'm curious if anyone ever visits the cavern, (Cyan's shard, or the other shards for that matter,) anymore? I usually look for the Great Tree Hood anytime I'm down, but I haven't seen it in the public ages nexus tab. I know everyone here probably has all the puzzle solutions memorized and has played through the content a dozen times or more, but I wondered if people were still around.
Durin Mephit
Great Tree Officer
Great Tree Officer

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right now, some answers...

-- Ingress --

Ingress at its core is a virtual war for territory. Each side tries to control portals (locations - points on a map) and link them together to capture/control areas.

If you've heard of or played Pokemon Go, it's by the same company (Niantic), and uses a lot of the same locations in the world. Ingress was the predecessor to Pokemon Go and has some features Go doesn't have (the ability to drop items for others to pick up, and to chat in-game).

Ingress has a storyline in which players influence the outcome of events depending on which side wins a battle, though it seems like a lot of players don't really pay much attention to the story.

-- Jacket --

I have one of a limited set of Great Tree Jackets, ordered for Great Tree members and Cyantists back in 2004. Had to be there when it happened.

-- MOULa --

There are players in MOULa now and then, depends on when you log in. I don't even know if The Great Tree Neighborhood exists in MOULa... honestly I only returned recently to the game to recollect things lost in the last database reset (which was 4 years ago, I think?)
Jmp12
Explorer
Explorer

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right now...

Ingress sounds a bit fun, but it also sounds like the kind of game that would need a decent time investment. Definitely something for anyone interested in interactive storytelling to keep an eye on, though. If nothing else, I'm curious how successful they are at giving players a sense of agency within the story, at least with the players who care about the story.

On Uru, I myself only returned to Cyan's shard after account creation was turned back on. The database crash was 3 years ago, rather than 4, but that's still a long time in my mind.

The Great Tree Jackets sound cool, all the more so since there are only a limited number in existence.

I guess a lot of people from this group have largely moved on to other journeys... like with Ingress, Obduction, and life and such. That's ok though, I still like hearing about everyone's adventures when they do occasionally venture back to talk about them.
brian
Fearless Leader
Fearless Leader

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right now - I haven't even been to this site in a few years! Super surprised people are even still here. Shocked

Trahald
Great Tree Member
Great Tree Member

Location: Milky Way:Sol System:Earth:North America:USA:Ohio:Cincinnati

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right now...

I’m stuck at the PS4 version of Obduction because the BLEEPING controls won’t cooperate! And I know what to do with a mouse as I also have the PC version.

I’m even more irritated with EA’s treatment of Bioware than I was with Ubi’s treatment of Uru.

I’m wishing my GT jacket I bought from Professor Askew still fit. I was in 8th grade at the time. I’ve gotten a similar jacket that fits me now from the Columbia website and will have it embroidered!

Speaking of 2003, the Matrix was mind blowing and its sequels disappointing. With that in mind, maybe we might get mind blowing sequels to the flop that was Jupiter Ascending.

It is exactly 500 years since Martin Luther nailed the 95 theses to the church door, starting the reformation. My church threw a party, but I was having a birthday dinner at my favorite Italian restaurant. Google:Buca di Beppo to see why I wouldn’t pass that up.

I’m wondering why the iphone 8 even exists, when the X is just around the corner...

I just got a portable projector for $16 from Brookstone. The resolution sucks, (320X240) but I CAN WATCH MOVIES ON MY CEILING!! My inner 5-year-old is giddy.

Fathom Events showed Spirited Away in a local cinema. It was a fun diversion, and much easier to follow than Princess Mononoke.

Stream of consciousness: off
Trahald
Great Tree Member
Great Tree Member

Location: Milky Way:Sol System:Earth:North America:USA:Ohio:Cincinnati

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

brian wrote:
Right now - I haven't even been to this site in a few years! Super surprised people are even still here. Shocked

The ending WILL NOT be written.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Great Tree Forum Index -> Randomness Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 370, 371, 372, 373, 374, 375  Next
Page 371 of 375

Jump to: