The Great Tree Forum Index The Great Tree
still kickin'

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Poster ListPoster List   Member ListMember List  UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Links:   great tree   uru live   uru obsession   drc site  

Documentaries:    learn the story of the great tree

Right Now
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 283, 284, 285 ... 373, 374, 375  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Great Tree Forum Index -> Randomness Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
janaba1
Great Tree Member
Great Tree Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 4:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right now... Just Wow!!!... Shocked

First of all I'd like to welcome back you, dear Jaharen!!! You're a very old
member of this illustrious community of The Great Tree...
It's great to have you back here!!! Very Happy

Everywhere around you see those old Called ones coming/flowing back
through the Spirit of the ancient D'niverse... It's just wonderful...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, the first thing that came to my mind and heart were Yeesha's speeches,
or parts of them...

"...Once again the stream in The Cleft has begun to flow. It was dry for so long.
The water is flowing in from the desert. The storm is coming. Have you heard of the city…
the deep city… the ancient URU? Where there was power to write worlds. For thousands
of years the city lived… lived beneath the surface. Keeper of the secret… keeper of the power…
keeper of the Ages… always keeping. The city grew proud and then it died. The water flows where
it wills. It seeks its own path uncontrolled except that it flows downward… always downward.
D’ni… the city of Ages… of other worlds died. But now it breathes again… it awaits...

...The water flows downward and there it pools and collects and finally once again it reaches the roots
and the tree begins to grow again..."

And the Final (part of)...

"An ending has been written. You’ve done all that has been asked. You’ve traveled the full circle.
You have returned to the Cleft through the Fissure. You swam among the stars and saw the remnants
of previous Journeys’. You have returned and the pillars were returned. And now one more of the Bahro…
the Least has been returned to D’ni. You don’t need to understand what that means.
Only that the hand of The Maker has set it in motion.

Now the circle is complete and the tree has begun to grow again. The path is now open
and so the symbol of the Journey must change. Now the beginning is tied to the end.
Now you can go where you wish. The restoration of D’ni a waits…
the deep city breathes URU again..."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This was taken from the Greeter's forums posted by Wolfie, who passed away
in June of this year, Jaharen...

And right now as of Nick's Office and the History Puzzle (more comfortable version)
I can provide you all with an interesting link to the MOUL forums, where
we've had conversations about them related to where it came from and
how it all works and of course, where you could download them... Razz

Ok, here we go...

Thread on the MOUL forums...

Unfortunately Rusty's link doesn't work anymore, so here's a link to the
History Puzzle and Nick's Office on my MediaFire account...
Just checked them, so they should work...

This is the link to a download link of D'Lanor on Rapidshare (the History Puzzle only,
but it works), just in case someone would encounter difficulties with MediaFire...

Hey, that's it so far... Have fun and have a great day, friends... /wave... Very Happy
Jaharen
Great Tree Member
Great Tree Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 5:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right now I wish I could check out the puzzles, but I can't as it's already 2:30am.

Thanks for the update janaba1! I'll take a look at those puzzles when I get a chance. The next few days are pretty busy for me. If you want an idea of just how far back I go, follow the link below. I wrote all the non-bold text about the history of D'ni and the beginnings of The Great Tree. I was there in Prologue when this group got started.

http://www.thegreattree.com/tree/modules.php?name=Content&pa=showpage&pid=3

I think I remember reading about Wolfie. Sad day... Crying or Very sad

Moiety Jean - How are you and Brian doing? Has he gotten himself written into any other games recently? Wink
MOULa KI: #10750831
janaba1
Great Tree Member
Great Tree Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's indeed very impressive, Jaharen... Very Happy

And I esp. love to read those and similar historical records and traditions...
They are so rich in substance, spirituality and wisdom...

As I've mentioned already somewhere else, I'm again and again impressed by
the mirroring of the experiences and developments of such ancient civilisations
within their resp. time and circumstances... right now reflected in our own RL world ... Razz

Edit: I can't believe what I'm just seeing in the news... Shocked
Do you all have sooo much snow now??? And also in Las Vegas!!!
We don't have any until now... lol... Very Happy
Erik
Great Tree Member
Great Tree Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right now, it's good to see someone like you return to The Great Tree, Jaharen! You probably do not know me, because I joined TGT after you left, but perhaps we have a chance to meet in D'ni when Uru goes back up. Smile

A lot has happened to Uru meantime... As you know, it was revived by Gametap, then it died again, then Cyan announced they would bring Uru back by themselves, and then they were struck by the financial crisis, and now Uru is going to be open source...

Here is a short summary of the storyline:
The DRC hosted a Town Hall meeting on D'mala (the Until Uru server) to talk about the continuation of the restoration. Suddenly a loud Bahro scream was heard by everyone, and everyone was linked to their Reltos. This was the end of D'mala, and the story would continue on MOUL, the new Uru.
The DRC closed off the City and gradually re-opened it after some thing were damaged by the Bahro scream.
Cate Alexander introduced herself as the DRC's new funder. She pushed the DRC to work faster, so that Ages could be released earlier. New Garden Ages arrived, as well as Pod Ages (Museum Ages). Douglas Sharper returned to the cavern. There was something wrong with the Pod Ages, because there was hardly any wildlife in the Museum Ages. The DRC asked Douglas Sharper (he was a hunter after all) to investigate. Douglas said he found corpses of animals that weren't just killed, but destroyed to pieces. Also, Bahro appeared in the 'hoods, and placed Bahro stones there. Few people believed the ones who saw the Bahro, saying that there were no Bahro avatars in the game, but later it turned out the Bahro really did come.
One day there was seismic activity according to Laxman... there were tremors. A crack appeared in one of the walls in the alley before the Kahlo Pub in the City. A while later, the gap became bigger. The DRC placed barricades around the place, but that didn't stop explorers from investigating...
Not only the explorers wanted to investigate, but Wheely Engberg (Engberg's daughter) and her friend Rose who happened to be in the cavern were curious as well. They distracted the DRC by telling Engberg that there was a crack in the Library. The DRC went to the Library, explorers followed them, and Wheely and Rose went to the Pub and apparently crawled through the gap. Loud bahro screams were heard, Victor Laxman saw a Bahro on the Tokotah courtyard, and more rumblings were heard.
Wheely's KI went offline and the DRC found out she had gone through the crack. Laxman tried to get Wheely's KI online remotely, and finally Wheely talked. Rose was already dead by then. Wheely mentioned that there were drawings on the walls, and that when they touched them, a Bahro had appeared and the room collapsed. To rescue Wheely the DRC had to dig from the top of the building to the place where she was. Wheely was frightened and mentioned blue eyes staring at her... a Bahro. Wheely was there for a few days, and the DRC kept digging and talking to each other and Wheely, and the explorers were standing outside listening. Wheely became thirsty, so explorers advised her to draw a water symbol (from myst V) on the floor, but the symbol faded and nothing happened. Wheely slept and when she wake up, she said that she was no longer thirsty, to amazement of her father... the Bahro had helped her.
Finally the DRC rescue team reached her spot. Wheely mentioned that the Bahro became nervous, and was making weird sounds. Wheely was frightened and warned the DRC to leave. The DRC continued and when a ResEng entered the room she was in, there was no sign of the Bahro, and Wheely was dead... destroyed like the animals in the pod Ages.
Meanwhile Douglas Sharper returned from a trip to Negilahn to investigate the animal problem, and was ambushed by Bahro, who had killed an Urwin. He was about to be killed by the Bahro, when another group of Bahro came and began to fight with the other group and Douglas was linked away by some of those good Bahro. Apparently the Bahro were divided.
Engberg left, muttering Dr. Watson's name.
Douglas Sharper, who wanted revenge, was determined to kill a Bahro and went to Noloben to study their ways, study the different groups, and to kill a bad Bahro.
Douglas Sharper returned with a body of a Bahro (visible to everyone)... but he was unsure if it was a bad one, because when he aimed for a bad Bahro, another Bahro jumped in front of it. The Bahro body was placed upon the imager in the Great Tree Pub, and suddenly two Bahro appeared who were crying and they linked away with the body.
There was chaos in the cavern when more Bahro appeared: on top of the library, on top of the Kahlo Pub, on top of the Tokotah, and some were walking on the courtyard. There were even baby Bahros among them.
Eventually Phil Hendersom appeared (who wasn't dead as many thought), accompanied by two Bahro. He explained that the Bahro were at war with each other, because someone had released the Bahro (with the tablet, as in Myst V) and with freedom came choices and some Bahro had chosen evil. An emotional regathering between Phil and Douglas followed. Phil explained that a good Bahro had jumped in front of the gun, when Douglas wanted to shoot a bad one, to prevent the bad Bahro from becoming really mad. Phil said that 'He' would come, and left...
A while later it became clear who He was: Dr. Watson. Michael Engberg had looked for him and returned with him. Dr. Watson explained some more about the Bahro and revealed that he was the one who had freed the Bahro (he was the stranger from Myst V). He told that the Bahro that killed Wheely was presumably experimenting, just like Esher had done on the Bahro. Also, it became clear that war would come to the cavern...
In the final events, Bahro were flying around the City, and a whole group could be seen flying around the Arch of Kerath for a day. Cate Alexander announced her departure, because the restoration didn't produce enough revenue... the restoration had stopped again. When explorers had solved both Ahnonay and Er'cana they got a new imager speech from Yeesha that linked them to K'veer (not just Atrus' prison, but a lot more from K'veer). When a lot of explorers where gathered in K'veer, Bahro appeared and ran around in K'veer and a Bahro placed a Linking Book to Myst in K'veer. Later, Yeesha herself appeared and told everyone about the situation. She said she was carrying something that the evil Bahro leader (that was the Bahro from which Esher had cut a piece of skin to be able to link at will) would want, so she would draw all the Bahro away. In the meantime, explorers would have to "find a way, and make a home". The DRC announced they would leave the cavern to look for funding. Peace returned to the cavern...

The story would continue in a second season, titled "Rise of the Guilds", but Gametap cancelled Uru... Sad

Well, the summary has become larger than I intended, but I hope this gives you a good overview about what happened. Of course, new Ages and things were released as well.

EDIT: I fixed some typos. I also looked up some Youtube videos for you:
A flying Bahro
Another flying Bahro
The dead Bahro body and the mourning Bahro
A Bahro in Kirel and on the Library roof (the latter is hard to spot)

Last edited by Erik on Fri Dec 19, 2008 11:50 am; edited 1 time in total
Durin Mephit
Great Tree Officer
Great Tree Officer

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uru, Campbell's Soup Edition.
Twisted Evil
janaba1
Great Tree Member
Great Tree Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, Erik, what an excellent summary of the MOUL events since that Bahro scream...
I believe, everybody who missed those will appreciate it... Very Happy
Eleri
Great Tree Member
Great Tree Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 3:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right now, buckling down for the *BLIZZARD* that's headed our way (WTF???)

janaba1
Great Tree Member
Great Tree Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 5:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I'm watching this in the news... it's getting worse and takes place
almost all over the US... many accidents... I'm so sorry for you all... Confused

GOD bless you and protect you all... Please take care, friends... Razz
janaba1
Great Tree Member
Great Tree Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

::double poast::

Right now after all this cleaning, washing, ironing and such... hehe...
... the Christmas spirits are calling... and I'm ready for the New Year...

So, I hope that you all are comfortably and safe sitting in warm places
in your homes and if you like you could listen to and watch some nice
video's I've just found...

The Transsiberian Orchestra
I could present you the beautiful ladies singing, but this one has the best sound...
The same sung by angels (traditional)

A great Harry Potter compilation - accompanied again by music from
The Transsiberian Orchestra, an interesting version of "Carol of the bells"

... and another great one for hardcore fans, though with the same song...

Here's a christmas light performance I haven't seen yet... very interesting...
...seems to be a tradition...

Wishing you all a wonderful day and weekend... Very Happy
Durin Mephit
Great Tree Officer
Great Tree Officer

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right now,

The weather outside is frightful.
Tomala
Uber Explorer
Uber Explorer

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right now, this tea is so delightful.
dcos
Great Tree Member
Great Tree Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right now I'm watching "Santa Claus conquers the Martians" Very Happy
janaba1
Great Tree Member
Great Tree Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From what I've just seen on YouTube, this seems to be a very old and funny piece, Dan... Razz

Right now I'm so sorry for you all, Seattle peeps, Spokanees and
Washougalees... As far as I've seen it must be worst and coldest
at your place atm, dear Marten...

...WINTER STORM WARNING NOW IN EFFECT UNTIL 10 PM PST THIS
EVENING FOR THE PORTLAND AND VANCOUVER METRO AREAS...
AS WELL AS THE I-5 CORRIDOR AND THE LOWER COLUMBIA REGION...
with strong winds and 20°F... o_O...
Oh, and while looking and updating for the temp. I got a new alert...
...WINTER STORM WARNING NOW IN EFFECT UNTIL 10 AM PST MONDAY...

Keep yourself warm and comfortable and try to enjoy from the inside
and maybe take Tomalas advice...
Though people in Germany, esp. kids, would love to have some snow...
it's quite warm here for this time of the year (43°F in Berlin)... Take care all... Very Happy
BladeLakem
Great Tree Member
Great Tree Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the MST3K version of Santa Claus conquers the Martians. As well as the version of Manos: The Hands of Fate Mr. Green Mr. Green

Myst Embassy: http://www.mystembassy.net
Myst Headlines - http://news.mystembassy.net
MOULagain KI#27460
Moiety Jean
First Lady of the Great Tree
First Lady of the Great Tree

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

::sings:: S - A - N-T-A, C - L - A-U-S, HOORAY FOR SANTY CLAUS! XD

KI#44727
"There is a certain beautiful danger when a group of geeks get together to entertain themselves." ~Orin Drake
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Great Tree Forum Index -> Randomness Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 283, 284, 285 ... 373, 374, 375  Next
Page 284 of 375

Jump to: