The Great Tree Forum Index The Great Tree
still kickin'

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Poster ListPoster List   Member ListMember List  UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Links:   great tree   uru live   uru obsession   drc site  

Documentaries:    learn the story of the great tree

Great Tree Lives On
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
brian
Fearless Leader
Fearless Leader

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2004 4:05 am    Post subject: Great Tree Lives On Reply with quote

All,

As everyone probably knows, URU Live is being closed down, but that doesn't mean we all should fade away.

On the contrary, Uru will live on, and we will be around to discuss how things progress and otherwise keep each other company while we explore.

Thanks everyone who supported the cause, The Great Tree lives on and will continue to grow. Stay tuned, the ending has not yet been written.

Yours,
Brian

Last edited by brian on Thu Feb 05, 2004 4:11 am; edited 1 time in total
Saxy
Community Orchestrator
Community Orchestrator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2004 4:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well said, Brian. *claps*

I really hope that the loss of Live doesn't instigate the absence of the Great Tree's members. Just because Live is over doesn't mean that the journey won't continue. Time to keep things alive, now more than ever.

Not all who wander are lost... (MJ fixed my sig!)
KI: 38931
Liath
Veteran Explorer
Veteran Explorer

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2004 5:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saxy wrote:
Well said, Brian. *claps*

I really hope that the loss of Live doesn't instigate the absence of the Great Tree's members. Just because Live is over doesn't mean that the journey won't continue. Time to keep things alive, now more than ever.

I'll be here, but it won't be the same.

Liath,
Also playing Ryzom, avatar name = Lavender
Geert
Explorer
Explorer

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2004 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Without URU no great tree. Sad Sad
Think we must somehow rescue URU-live from being put to bed.
Maybe, i said maybe, it is possible to go public with URU-live as a seperate public company.
Still believe that this game is the best ever happened in the electronic age.
It puts away all chat boards. I really think that the growth of this community will be tremendeous.
Brian thanks for all the good work. Let's try to keep URU-Live alive.
So we can all believe that The Great Tree was really the best cause in our internet life.
NSymon
Friend of The Great Tree
Friend of The Great Tree

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2004 9:56 am    Post subject: Re: Great Tree Lives On Reply with quote

brian wrote:
All,

As everyone probably knows, URU Live is being closed down, but that doesn't mean we all should fade away.

On the contrary, Uru will live on, and we will be around to discuss how things progress and otherwise keep each other company while we explore.

Thanks everyone who supported the cause, The Great Tree lives on and will continue to grow. Stay tuned, the ending has not yet been written.

Yours,
Brian

Thank you Brian for all your hard work and for bringing us all together here under The Great Tree. Uru Live is ending but the journey continues and The Great Tree will live on and grow. Thanks to everyone else here as well for the great friendships that have been formed and as this journey takes a slightly different turn than what was planned I hope these friendships continue.

shorah b'shemtee
Professor Askew
Great Tree Member
Great Tree Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2004 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whoever wrote this newest Age needs to be written into a Prison Book.

I'll be around, watching, adding my two cents if called for. Anybody who's read my posts here and at UO know I am essentially an optimist. Particularly in the VR world. But, this has been a devastating blow and it will be interesting to see, after all the dust settles, how much will really carry on. I hope nothing changes. But I......don't know.
Kev
Great Tree Officer
Great Tree Officer

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2004 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Geert wrote:
Without URU no great tree. Sad Sad
Think we must somehow rescue URU-live from being put to bed.
Maybe, i said maybe, it is possible to go public with URU-live as a seperate public company.
Still believe that this game is the best ever happened in the electronic age.
It puts away all chat boards. I really think that the growth of this community will be tremendeous.
Brian thanks for all the good work. Let's try to keep URU-Live alive.
So we can all believe that The Great Tree was really the best cause in our internet life.

Not entirely ture, Geert. The ideals of the Great Tree live on outside of URU. The Great Tree has not only been a great cause in my "internet life," but also in my real life. I hope it touches you in the same way. The perspective that we are all branches on the tree of life, each growing in our own way, yet united to a common root, is a very sobering, peaceful, and healthy view on the life we have on this pale blue dot (to borrow from Sagan).

We should strive to work together in real life and live the ideals that the Great Tree has shown us; follow our hearts, united, in making our socities greater and stronger for all.

-Kev
Liath
Veteran Explorer
Veteran Explorer

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2004 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kev wrote:
Not entirely ture, Geert. The ideals of the Great Tree live on outside of URU. The Great Tree has not only been a great cause in my "internet life," but also in my real life. I hope it touches you in the same way. The perspective that we are all branches on the tree of life, each growing in our own way, yet united to a common root, is a very sobering, peaceful, and healthy view on the life we have on this pale blue dot (to borrow from Sagan).

We should strive to work together in real life and live the ideals that the Great Tree has shown us; follow our hearts, united, in making our socities greater and stronger for all.

-Kev

Maybe we can make this into "The Great Tree Movement" Very Happy

Liath,
Geert
Explorer
Explorer

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2004 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Dear Kev, I agree in what your saying. My point was that our movement was now aimed in building a virtual society. In real life we don't have that oppertunity. We only can live to that philosophy, and hope we will have enough people to share that thought to make the changes.
In URU live we could make that happen in creating a better society in the short run. Maybe we should listen to liath's proposal in changing it into a movement now.
Trahald
Great Tree Member
Great Tree Member

Location: Milky Way:Sol System:Earth:North America:USA:Ohio:Cincinnati

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2004 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmm. with the DRC gone, what do we do now?
Kev
Great Tree Officer
Great Tree Officer

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2004 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Geert wrote:
Quote:

Dear Kev, I agree in what your saying. My point was that our movement was now aimed in building a virtual society. In real life we don't have that oppertunity. We only can live to that philosophy, and hope we will have enough people to share that thought to make the changes.
In URU live we could make that happen in creating a better society in the short run. Maybe we should listen to liath's proposal in changing it into a movement now.

Very true Geert. Smile
DragonMac
Explorer
Explorer

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2004 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would hope the End is not Yet Written. Especially Since I just got on this Forum. I recently met Brian and some others in the Hood. I was on when I could and played on three Shards so my time was spread out. I thought as many of us did that I would have more time.
I look forward to the forum staying alive as I to aspire to the ideals of the Great Tree. I would hate to lose this now since I just found it.
Jon
Great Tree Member
Great Tree Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2004 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Mods tell us the ending has not yet been written, and the Cyantists sign petitions. We may have to wait a few years, but the more I see the more confident I am that I'll meet you all in the cavern again someday. Untill then, it'd be a shame to lose contact; nobody's allowed to leave, okay? Very Happy
Professor Askew
Great Tree Member
Great Tree Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2004 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fair enough. I'll probably be stopping by all the time...especially after the ExPac comes out. Can't wait!
Liath
Veteran Explorer
Veteran Explorer

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2004 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jon wrote:
The Mods tell us the ending has not yet been written, and the Cyantists sign petitions. We may have to wait a few years, but the more I see the more confident I am that I'll meet you all in the cavern again someday. Untill then, it'd be a shame to lose contact; nobody's allowed to leave, okay? Very Happy

I haven't heard anyone say they wanted to leave yet Smile

Liath,
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Great Tree Forum Index -> Announcements All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: