The Great Tree Forum Index The Great Tree
still kickin'

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Poster ListPoster List   Member ListMember List  UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Links:   great tree   uru live   uru obsession   drc site  

Documentaries:    learn the story of the great tree

Bahro around the arch

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jmp12
Explorer
Explorer

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 8:50 am    Post subject: Bahro around the arch Reply with quote

For the last few days bahro have been flying around Kerath's arch. It's hard to see them because they're so far away, they just look like little black specks, but it's really easy to hear them! It supposedly started when Rand visited the cavern a few days ago, but he said he had nothing to do with it. There have been explorers in the city constantly, watching them.

Has anyone else seen them?
Erik
Great Tree Member
Great Tree Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't seen it this time, but I know what it looked like. It appears that some explorers hacked the vault. Frankly, I don't know why anyone would do that, except for the obvious reason 'just because it's possible'.
It's not as if flipping some switches will suddenly make Uru alive again. Uru is dead and will remain so. Bahro or no Bahro.
Jmp12
Explorer
Explorer

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd never seen it before, personally. When it was on during Exodus I could never get into the city to see it. So I'm rather glad I got to this time, and even without crashing.

Yes, I realize it was only hackers playing some tricks in the vault. Yes, they absolutely should not have done that, it's Cyan's game and it's wrong for them to go changing things without Cyan's approval. But what if it had been Cyan that turned it on, instead of hackers? What would the reaction of the community have been then?

You say Uru is dead, and I honestly can't argue against that, but I still want it to be alive again. Do you really think Uru will remain dead forever, regardless of what explorers or Cyan does? I may sound naive and sentimental saying this, but can't some things still be alive even when everyone believes, and most of the evidence shows, that they're dead?

There's something in Uru that's too awesome to remain dead forever. Maybe that something has left the cavern for now, or even forever, but it will show up again someday somewhere. Maybe not in Uru or anything recognizably myst-like, but somewhere. And when it does, I'll be there.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Great Tree Forum Index -> The Cavern All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: