The Great Tree Forum Index The Great Tree
still kickin'

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Poster ListPoster List   Member ListMember List  UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Links:   great tree   uru live   uru obsession   drc site  

Documentaries:    learn the story of the great tree

Episode One - "November 2003"
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Great Tree Forum Index -> The Story of The Great Tree
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Professor Askew
Great Tree Member
Great Tree Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 10:02 am    Post subject: Episode One - "November 2003" Reply with quote

Here is the file for....Episode One

Zardoz has already been kind enough to agree to recreate his momentous encounter with Phil Henderson two and a half years ago. We will need a volunteer to play Phil Henderson. I have already tested the hair and make-up and it works great.

For the second half of the script we'll need quite a few more people including an actor to play Douglas Sharper. ALSO, I'd like someone to help us track down the original participants to see if 1) they would like to play themselves in the scene OR 2) give permission for an actor to play them. If neither of these options is available to us, then we change the names to protect the innocent. Wink Dusante will be easy to find at UO but the rest may be trickier.

More news soon.
CuzinJohn
Great Tree Member
Great Tree Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was not personally present for either 'event'. Let me know if you need an actor... or a stunt double...

Science is how you talk about the universe with words that bind it to a common reality.
Magic is how you talk to the universe with words that it cannot ignore.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Professor Askew
Great Tree Member
Great Tree Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Definitely yes, Cuzin. We'll use you as our regular Douglas Sharper. So, dig up a picture of Sharper then jump into the GT dressing room (Relto closet) and apply just the right amount of hair, make-up, and costuming to look as much like him as you can. Take a picture even! Then we'll get back to you with the shooting schedule.
CuzinJohn
Great Tree Member
Great Tree Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yay! I don't know if I ever layed eyes on him...

Any hints on where I can find some pix?

If everything is going to be filmed with sub-titles, shall I make a new 'name tag' for myself? (is that allowed? is Sharper's name 'reserved' somewhere somehow?)

Science is how you talk about the universe with words that bind it to a common reality.
Magic is how you talk to the universe with words that it cannot ignore.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Professor Askew
Great Tree Member
Great Tree Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No need for a "name tag" or any such thing. You are an actor playing a role. Besides, no KI images or writing will be visible in the film.

As for Sharper pics....I'm pretty sure there's at least one good one in the Great Tree website gallery. Let us know if you find it or not or we'll dig one up for you.

EDIT: Yes, there are three pics of Sharper in that gallery. One has the Yeesha shirt. Can't use that. First film takes place before he took the Journey. He wears the pocket pants, green short-sleeved shirt. He wears the big moustache. Unfortunately, I can't find his hat in our wardrobe so we'll do without.
Tweek
Friend of The Great Tree
Friend of The Great Tree

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://dnijazzclub.com/uru/characters.php

has a small pic of Sharper incase you can't find any. You know with the amount of time I spent around sharper I seem to have about 1 image of him o.O
Professor Askew
Great Tree Member
Great Tree Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Tweek. Every little bit helps.
Anna Catherine
Folklorist
Folklorist

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can play someone too, if you want. I started college with a theater major (didn't finish as one, but that's a long and tedious story that I've bored several of you with already.)

I have no problem playing a male if it would help. Or not. I am, as always, flexible. Smile

Annacat
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Professor Askew
Great Tree Member
Great Tree Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Anna, we could use all the actors we can get. We'll be in touch soon.

NOTE: None of the actors need to memorize their lines. How great is that?
Anna Catherine
Folklorist
Folklorist

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, but memorizing lines is soooo fun! Wink

("To Tree or not to Tree? That is the question...")

I'm glad my internet problems are sorted out so I can be part of the project. Thanks to all who have put time and energy into planning this. It's going to be awesome! Smile

Annacat
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Eleri
Great Tree Member
Great Tree Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Count me in for stuff Smile

Jon
Great Tree Member
Great Tree Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same. Consider me to be constantly on volunteer status, like that kid in the back of the classroom with his had up going, "ooh, ooh."
taniith
Great Tree Member
Great Tree Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also volunteer both for acting and editing..... of course, there are people far more talented than I for editing in our little group, so I wont hold my breath on that part Confused

Just wish I could download that file... IE is laughing at my inability to do so *sigh*

edit: nm.... I wrote that, and it decided to let me download ;D
Professor Askew
Great Tree Member
Great Tree Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Eleri and Jon. We'll need you, for sure. Right now I've got a PM out to Marten with an idea as to how to proceed. If he likes it we will move post haste.

In the meantime, Eleri, if you'd like to try and track down a few people to determine if they're still involved with the Rru community. Seems like a perfect job for an ambassador. I've already sent out a PM to Dusante.

Christoph05
Gregor
Nytram
BobbyK
Aladrin Kehlan

I guess your best bet is UO. What we're trying to achieve here is to get as many of the original participants to play themselves in these movies. It leads to greater authenticity and will also help to bring more people back into the Cavern before the official re-opening. In the event said participants won't or can't be involved, we will ask them for permission to use actors in their stead. If that doesn't work, we will change the names.

BTW, anybody can assist in this area. If anyone sees a name pop up that they know, feel free to make contact with that person and pass the info onto us here.
Durin Mephit
Great Tree Officer
Great Tree Officer

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To get the Sharper hat, you'd have to film it on the Great Tree's private access to the cavern (*cough* GT Shard *cough*), or gently nudge a Cyantist who might've kept one... they're such pedants about keeping memorabilia, you never know what they might have.

BTW, I got your message Professor, and whatever you like works for me. The shooting schedule will be the hardest part to negotiate, I believe. I'm mostly available in the evenings after 10 Eastern, 7 Pacific. On nights like this one, I'm not even available until 2 hours after that. Razz (Bad traffic accident on US-26, plus ate dinner at a friend's.)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Great Tree Forum Index -> The Story of The Great Tree All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 1 of 15

Jump to: