The Great Tree Forum Index The Great Tree
still kickin'

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Poster ListPoster List   Member ListMember List  UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Links:   great tree   uru live   uru obsession   drc site  

Documentaries:    learn the story of the great tree

Project Status Redux - Project Resumed
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Great Tree Forum Index -> The Story of The Great Tree
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rils
Great Tree Member
Great Tree Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

/me shakes his head...

Marten, Marten, get your priorities straight...

Everyone knows Guild Wars is WAAAAY better than WoW...

Laughing
Explorer
Explorer

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marten, I've been a long time fan but I don't think I've ever spoken directly to you. It occurred to me that with these new Fun House and Illusions hoods maybe you can film some of these scenes exactly the way they happened rather than via composite. I asked OHB if the SDL state still exists to turn the curtain/barricades on and off and he said he'd find out and get back to me.
Durin Mephit
Great Tree Officer
Great Tree Officer

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As the curtain and barricades are in the city, not in a neighborhood, there are a few hurdles.

As far as I know, the only way to get to the neighborhood's own instance of the city is to become a member of the neighborhood. If I, as a member of some other 'hood, use the Fun House's City book, it will link me to my hood's instance, not the Fun House's instance. (Curse, you, instancing without a clear or meaningful design!) So that would require jumping through some hoops... unless, I dunno, maybe folks have a creative solution for this now.

My other concern is, I'm not certain what limitations exist on the DRC and Yeesha avatars. Last I knew, they could be linked into an Age but couldn't move from the link-in spot. That, and I need Douglas Sharper in the curtain scene, or I have to composite him in from a separate video anyway, and I don't think I can get Sharper's hat on any avatar in MOULagain (he's not a DRC avatar).

But if these hurdles can be knocked out of the way, I'll be in like Flynn, there with bells on, and several other conflicting cliches all at once.

Anyway - little project update. Annick has completed the Episode 11 script for French viewers, so that is now posted. That completes the set of translations. Thanks Annick!

Edit Updated to take out another concern that I had that wasn't actually a problem - I just had to review RAWA's post to discover I had misremembered something said. Smile
Loshem
Explorer
Explorer

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know for a fact that the DRC and Bahro avatars are fully functional as I saw both Cate Alexander and Marie Sutherland impersonators there a couple nights ago. The same is true of the Bahro avatars. I don't know about Sharper though. The issue of neighborhood instancing is moot though as they can simply force-link anyone to any Age including the hood instanced ones. At least I think that's how it works. I'll need to clarify but I know for a fact that they force linked everyone to one explorer's Myst island.
Durin Mephit
Great Tree Officer
Great Tree Officer

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It sounds like it could be very handy then, for at least part of what I need.

Eagerly awaiting more info if you're collecting it for me. Smile
Loshem
Explorer
Explorer

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OHB has kind of become their spokesperson and I've been talking to him about what can and cant be done. It would seem that the sky's the limit as far as re-enactments go and he's very excited about involving the Gray Hats in a respectable project. You can send him a PM on the MOUL forums or send him a KI mail at 00054544

Basically he just needs a list of what to make happen and when. They'll do the rest Very Happy
Durin Mephit
Great Tree Officer
Great Tree Officer

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The MOUL forums are limping along, so I've gone through the Writers' forums instead to contact OHB.

Thank you Loshem, I'm crossing my fingers this will allow me to get things moving once again.
Loshem
Explorer
Explorer

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 5:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My pleasure. I've been dogging this forum for years after I discovered your documentaries while searching for information about the Great Tree Pub Jacket. I cant even begin to tell you how upset I was when you announced you wouldn't be finishing them and then how ecstatic I was when you reversed that decision. I am happy to help any way that I can Very Happy
janaba1
Great Tree Member
Great Tree Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was a great idea to hint Marten in that direction, Loshem, thanks a lot... Razz

OHB and the gray hats as they are called by many atm lol, will definitely
be very happy or even consider themselves honored to help you out and
to assist you with completing this very precious project of reconstructing
and thus preserving Uru's history as authentic as possible for all...
I also believe that they can "do" or arrange almost everything and every
situation you might be having as ideas and concepts in your mind... Very Happy
Durin Mephit
Great Tree Officer
Great Tree Officer

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Status update:

I owe OHB a more detailed list of my filming requirements

I won't be doing anything on the project until March though, due to focusing on studies and exam as I believe I mentioned elsewhere already.
Erik
Great Tree Member
Great Tree Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, as long as it's still on your list. We don't have deadlines or release dates after all. Good luck with your exam.
janaba1
Great Tree Member
Great Tree Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm wishing you sooo much luck and happiness, fullfilment and success as much as you're
aspiring to and everything you're further wishing for yourself or might be dreaming of, Marten ... Smile

I really like and appreciate how you handle and evaluate everything with thruthfulness and
authenticity towards yourself as well as others (of course, as far as I can tell and sense
from inside and from your posts and statements every now and then here and/or on the MOUL
forums)...

What I'd actually like to express is that I am happy to see that you're moving on and forward
in your life and also with or without Uru (which doesn't presume that it all flows just easily
and gracefully, it was for many and maybe still is sometimes quite a roller coaster ride lol)
and that I'll be standing behind and back your decisions even if that implied a discontinuance
of this project whatever the reason emerging from your heart... Much Blessings... Take care, Marten... Very Happy
Durin Mephit
Great Tree Officer
Great Tree Officer

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've sent a filming requirements list to OHB today. For real.

I wanted to be sure I posted this before tomorrow, because you know, nobody would believe me if I posted this tomorrow.
janaba1
Great Tree Member
Great Tree Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the update, Marten, I'm glad you're back and I take this for real lol,
and I hope everything's ok with you and in your life so far... Very Happy

As of OHB it might very well be that it'll take some time to get any answer,
but it might also inspire him to finally provide us all with a sign of life and
his wellbeing as would be desirable... Please, have a look here for the
reason for this comment... Smile
Erik
Great Tree Member
Great Tree Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps the news from Cyan will give even more filming possibilities, but I don't know if it's worth waiting for.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Great Tree Forum Index -> The Story of The Great Tree All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: