The Great Tree Forum Index The Great Tree
still kickin'

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Poster ListPoster List   Member ListMember List  UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Links:   great tree   uru live   uru obsession   drc site  

Documentaries:    learn the story of the great tree

GUILD WARS

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Great Tree Forum Index -> Randomness Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KennyLynd
Explorer
Explorer

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 7:48 pm    Post subject: GUILD WARS Reply with quote

Well, has it really been a over a year since I was in the cavern frolicking with all my good friends? I started the Uru Refugee in Guild Wars around that time, and played for almost two years and only saw two people I knew from URU. I had hoped to fill it with a bunch of you guys! I got to googling around last month and found that quite a few of you were already THERE! Touched base with them and turned my guild over to a storage account character because their alliance was full and joined. I chose to be in the Guild of Slackers.....well... because that was my favorite shard. I guess since Tomala turned me into Zandi my second time there and made me do the sissy dance, I was pwnd by the Slackers.

Anyhow, I would like to see you guys in Guild Wars. My main character is Wizard Kenny, and my wife is Princess Friday. This game has the benefit of being free once you buy it, but the full set of units (4) are needed to go everywhere. You can get the cd keys for each of them for 12 to 20 bucks if you google around. Better than in stores or even the ingame store price. What Guild Wars lacks in cerebral puzzles, it certainly doesnt hurt for content. Its a huge world with its own economy and lots of wonderful sights to see. You can get level with most everyone in maybe a month, but there are bragging titles that seem to take forever. Come see. come see. As with URU, there is a chat box and although there seems to be more rude people by far, if you hook up with URU guildies, you will feel right at home. And there are many you will meet who are good folks too, and never heard of our beloved cavern. No one can ever ever deny that we came from a game with some of the nicest, cleverest, GREATEST people ever to come together in one place.

I hear many of you are in Lord of the Rings online, and some in Second Life. I can' afford the monthly subscription for either, although I tried SL. The interface drove me crazy!

In any case. I invite you to come mess around with us!

Kenny
Lord Chaos
Great Tree Member
Great Tree Member

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, Kenny.

I'm one who joined Guild Wars shortly before Uru was shut down. I soon joined the Fellowship of Greeters there. Many of them are ex-Greeters from Uru. It's a good Alliance.

Look for me as Lord Chaos de Uru and others. Smile

Also, take a look at the Worlds of Greeters forum. That's where most of the people in the Alliance keep up with each other and post their doings. There's a GW thread on Uru Obsession too.

Code:

http://www.worldsofgreeters.com/forums/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Great Tree Forum Index -> Randomness Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: