The Great Tree Forum Index The Great Tree
still kickin'

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Poster ListPoster List   Member ListMember List  UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Links:   great tree   uru live   uru obsession   drc site  

Documentaries:    learn the story of the great tree

Suggestion for a Great Tree gathering: Video Games Live
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Great Tree Forum Index -> Randomness Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Durin Mephit
Great Tree Officer
Great Tree Officer

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 2:07 am    Post subject: Suggestion for a Great Tree gathering: Video Games Live Reply with quote

This is a bit of a ways off... it's JANUARY 2009... but still, when tickets go on sale, we will want to be prepared.

VIDEO GAMES LIVE
January 24, 2009
Seattle, WA
Paramount Theatre
8 PM

I'd like to propose we make this a Great Tree/Uru Friends gathering event for those who can attend, since there are so many of us up in the Great Northwest.

Thoughts?
Moiety Jean
First Lady of the Great Tree

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is a fantastic idea, Marten!
Maybe we could finally get our big Great Tree meet planned around it?

KI#44727
"There is a certain beautiful danger when a group of geeks get together to entertain themselves." ~Orin Drake
Eleri
Great Tree Member
Great Tree Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

heck yeah

Lord Chaos
Great Tree Member
Great Tree Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I keep telling ya... all ya have to do is arrange a meet at Utilikilts. What could be cooler than that?
Durin Mephit
Great Tree Officer
Great Tree Officer

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update! Tickets will go on sale for this event on October 10th.

January 24, 2009
Seattle, WA
Paramount Theatre
8 PM
ON SALE 10/10
Daedalus
Overseer / Architect
Overseer / Architect

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of course it's on my first day of classes of my last semester at SJSU. Of course.
Durin Mephit
Great Tree Officer
Great Tree Officer

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, nobody learns anything on the first day anyway!
Cool
Daedalus
Overseer / Architect
Overseer / Architect

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Advisor: "Everyone, listen up! In honor of our Dreamworks representative teaching the class, we have a special lecture planned today..."

*three hours later*

Other Student: "...Damn, I learned more in that three hours than I have my entire career at SJSU. Where the hell was Dan?"
Saxy
Community Orchestrator
Community Orchestrator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm all for this! I loved the last Video Games Live that came to Seattle, and I'd love to see you guys again!

Not all who wander are lost... (MJ fixed my sig!)
KI: 38931
Durin Mephit
Great Tree Officer
Great Tree Officer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We are now 10 days away from open ticket sales for Video Games Live in Seattle, WA, for January 24.

Apparently, tickets can already be purchased if you have "Season Sales" with Paramount Theater and the Seattle Theatre Group. It looks like this show is only available with the "build your own subscription" package, so you must purchase attendance to at least 3 shows including VGL to qualify. If you live in Seattle and this sounds like a possible deal for you, you should call 206.467.5510 and see if you can obtain more information. The price of the VGL concert under this package deal is $44.50. Information here: http://www.theparamount.com/artists/?artist=785

Once the normal ticket sales begin, the price is supposed to range from $25 to $65 depending on your choice of seats.

Because I do not know what limitations will be in place on the number of tickets that one person may purchase, because trying to get a large number of seats in one area is difficult, AND because not everyone may agree on which area they'd like to sit in (affordable vs pricey), everyone who wishes to participate should be prepared to purchase your own tickets for this event.

We'll have until January to decide what else we want to do with the weekend, such as have a get-together. January is not exactly the best time of year for a Seattle get-together, but hopefully we can find some good indoor activities somewhere, like drop in on a museum or two. And we'll need to find some good restaurants, of course.
Durin Mephit
Great Tree Officer
Great Tree Officer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tickets Go On Sale Tomorrow, OCTOBER 10

http://www.videogameslive.com/index.php?s=dates

http://www.theparamount.com/artists/?artist=785

Under "2009"
January 24, 2009 - Seattle, WA - Paramount Theatre - 8 PM

I have not been able to find any information about what time the tickets go on sale. So, all I can suggest is to monitor the above URLs closely.

Each of you is responsible for reserving your own ticket, unless you have made arrangements with another person. For example, I've made arrangements with two other people and I'll be buying for us three. I am not covering for anyone else. Cool

As we get closer to the concert date, we can plan other activities to correspond with this weekend.
Moiety Jean

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As of now, there's no link to a regular purchase option yet.

I'm certain that buying tickets separately will mean we'll be seated separately, which is less of a group feeling but not the end of the world, especially if we do group things before/after. I forgot to mention this recently to Brian so we need to check the budget for our ability to buy tickets right away. I wonder how fast they'll sell.

Edit: Seems clicking on the link "On Sale Now Through Season Subscriptions" takes you to where you can purchase tickets at $44.50 each, and I didn't see anything before the login page requiring me to choose any other venues as their subscription package might. I guess the individual tickets are available now?

KI#44727
"There is a certain beautiful danger when a group of geeks get together to entertain themselves." ~Orin Drake
Durin Mephit
Great Tree Officer
Great Tree Officer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look carefully at the top of that page and you'll see it says "Build Your Own Subscription". So (my interpretation is) you are constructing a season ticket when you select that option.

The tickets aren't on individual sale yet as far as I can see. Also, I'm hoping they don't interject some sort of additional "presale" thing; that would annoy me. We'll see how it goes.

As for not having the group feeling... well, here's a silver lining. During the concert, our attention's going to be focused on the concert, not on each other. And when I need to get up and hit the restroom, I'd rather stumble past and obstruct the view of people I don't know, rather than my friends. Wink
Durin Mephit
Great Tree Officer
Great Tree Officer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have an update...

Video Games Live's page still doesn't have the link. However, the Paramount apparently directs all purchases to Ticketmaster when you actually try to purchase.

A friend did some searching and located the presell code necessary to make a purchase through Ticketmaster.

1. Go to http://www.ticketmaster.com/Video-Games-Live-tickets/artist/976815

2. Click "Find Tickets" next to the Paramount Theatre, Seattle listing.

3. On the Internet Presell listing, select your number of tickets and your ticket price (and note that there will be $5 to $10 worth of fees tacked onto that price). In the Special Offer Code field, enter tetris

4. Choose your section and Location or keep "Best Available" if you prefer, and click "Look for Tickets" below.

Be certain to have your credit card info on hand and ready before beginning. Ticketmaster will only provide a limited amount of time for you to enter your information and complete your purchase before the tickets reserved for you are returned to the pool, and you'll have to start again.
Eleri
Great Tree Member
Great Tree Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

(NM the url, was the same as Marten's)

What about having *one* person buy all our tickets, so we can all sit together?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Great Tree Forum Index -> Randomness Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: