The Great Tree Forum Index The Great Tree
still kickin'

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Poster ListPoster List   Member ListMember List  UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Links:   great tree   uru live   uru obsession   drc site  

Documentaries:    learn the story of the great tree

UhO: Ages Beyond Missed

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mystlander
Great Tree Member
Great Tree Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2004 2:47 pm    Post subject: UhO: Ages Beyond Missed Reply with quote

Personally, I think Cyan should have released URU: Live as an "Expansion Pack" to URU:Ages Beyond Myst.

At least we die-hard Myst fans would have the OPTION of getting together on personal IPs and LANs, without having to go through an online gaming service, especially when it is constantly bogged down with 7000 plus users, lag beyond belief, countless authorization failures, numerous crashes to desktops, etc.

I wouldn't mind paying for a URU Multiplayer Expanion Pack, would you?
URU Live KI #: 50911 MOULa KI #11697212

Last edited by Mystlander on Mon Feb 02, 2004 10:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Camann
Explorer
Explorer

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2004 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, this seems so familiar...

I still agree with you... Wish that could be made a reality.
NSymon
Friend of The Great Tree
Friend of The Great Tree

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2004 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah it is a nice idea about an Expansion Pack and maybe that will happen or maybe it won't. But it's a nice idea.

Yeah it is frustrating when Uru doesn't work, although I've managed to get on the Achenar shard all weekend just to wonder about and look at things.

But I think a lot of people really need to stand back and take a really deep long breath. Been reading some of the postings on the Uru Live Forum and my god some people are really getting themselves all bent out of shape and worked up over the situation. If it's having that kind of effect then some people really do need to step back a little. I have a lot of sympathy for Kha'tie and the moderators there, I can just imagine some of the emails they might be getting and they won't be nice either.

As to the problems over the weekend well it's just one of those things that happens. Things happen that we have no control over. Should try playing 'Enter the Matrix' or 'Tomb Raider:Angel of Darkness', they were supposed to be finished games and they were as buggy as the Uru Prologue, when they first came out.

I'm just to nice Smile and always tend to look on the positive side of things when stuff like this happens. There's just no point getting worked up over things, because in the long run it's not going to do anybody any good.
Mystlander
Great Tree Member
Great Tree Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2004 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, it looks like we may be getting our wish for Expansion Packs after all... See the following post by Bill Slease: http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/6/ubb.x?a=tpc&s=400102&f=7441034&m=140109481
URU Live KI #: 50911 MOULa KI #11697212
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Great Tree Forum Index -> The Cavern All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: