The Great Tree Forum Index The Great Tree
still kickin'

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Poster ListPoster List   Member ListMember List  UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Links:   great tree   uru live   uru obsession   drc site  

Documentaries:    learn the story of the great tree

Anyone else obsessed with LOST?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Great Tree Forum Index -> Randomness Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Eleri
Great Tree Member
Great Tree Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Losty Goodness!!!

Moiety Jean
First Lady of the Great Tree
First Lady of the Great Tree

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mmm, more delicious Lost! But this time I'm still hungry!

Anybody notice the fun painting on Widmore's wall? With the polar bear and the word "namaste" on it? Very Happy

KI#44727
"There is a certain beautiful danger when a group of geeks get together to entertain themselves." ~Orin Drake
Professor Askew
Great Tree Member
Great Tree Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, MJ, the painting's not new. But, a good catch nonetheless.

So I'm watching one of the old season 1 episodes....during the time when Locke and Boone were bonding while trying unsuccessfully to open the Swan hatch. He then has a swell dream wherein he sees Yemi's plane crash into the jungle. So, now in season 5, during the trippy trips through time, Locke sees Yemi's plane crash into the jungle...when it happened! So, my question is, was his dream in 2004 a dream.....or a memory?

Bum bum bummmmmmmmm
CuzinJohn
Great Tree Member
Great Tree Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ow... OW!! Brain Cramp...

I thought you said you weren't pondering this stuff anymore, Prof...

... Or are you just throwing stuff out there for US to ponder?

Science is how you talk about the universe with words that bind it to a common reality.
Magic is how you talk to the universe with words that it cannot ignore.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Eleri
Great Tree Member
Great Tree Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 5:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Theoryriffic:

Wherefore

art

thou

spoiler

tags?

Adam & Eve= Bernard & Rose

This is my current favorite theory. They're too important to just have been redshirts killed by the arrows, but there's no sign of them having been found or captured, either. I'm thinking they've been wounded, and stumbling through the forest, they find the cave, hide there, and both die.

The question of how the stones get there is an interesting question. Who has them now? Err... now being relative in the show currently, who has posession of the stones Jack took from the 50 year old bodies? *looks up info*

Hmm, no data. We can sorta assume Jack still has them, but did he have them in his possession when he left on the heli, or were they in his stuff on the island? If in his stuff, could Juliet or Sawyer find them, and place them with Bernard & Rose, not knowing the significance of the act?

Professor Askew
Great Tree Member
Great Tree Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oooo, good theory, Eleri. Unfortunately I didn't follow what happened to Bernard and Rose at that time so I didn't catch their "disappearance". I'll have to rewatch that at abc.com. Even more sadly, I don't remember the stones to which you're referring. Gah! And I've watched every episode at least four times! What a feeb. Off to Lostpedia!

CJ.....I suppose I'll always ponder. lol It's my nature. But, I no longer try to draw any conclusions. Rolling Eyes That sounded weak. lol
Eleri
Great Tree Member
Great Tree Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*muttermutter*doesn't remember stone*muttermutter*calls himself a LOST fan*mumblemutter*

Eleri
Great Tree Member
Great Tree Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sooooo many layers of Really Tangled Up tonight. And the ads were in the "oh look, the pot smokers are writing ads" again Smile

CuzinJohn
Great Tree Member
Great Tree Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OW! like a bullet to the back of the head... it hit me!

Where are spoiler tags when you need them!?! I really could have used them... you've been warned!

My thoughts...

Ben made seperate, more forceful attempts to bring Arron back because Aaron was born on the island... just like, I'm willing to bet, Charlotte, Miles, and Daniel. But who were they born to?

Miles, we just met his mother, the mysterious Mrs. Hawkins... now known to be Eloise... and wasn't the girl holding Daniel at gunpoint by the Jughead refered to as "Ellie"? Daniel is the kid of an Other! the other two, I'm placing bets on now... Charlotte, the redhead... was a young Ben Linus in love with a red-headed Other? hmmm... and what of Miles? what Asian-decent folks have we seen on the Island... very few indeed, except perhaps for Dr. Marvin Candler?

Hmmm...

Science is how you talk about the universe with words that bind it to a common reality.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Eleri
Great Tree Member
Great Tree Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Close, so close.

The current theory is Elle---Eloise---Mrs. Hawking---Daniel's mom

Miles---the baby seen with Dr. Pierre Chang and the one heard in the ComicCon video.

No one's absolutely sure who Charlotte's mom was, althought here's a theory that she's Ben and Annie's daughter

Professor Askew
Great Tree Member
Great Tree Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eleri's right, CJ. Charlotte's parentage is definitely still a question. I wouldn't be at all surprised if Annie figured into it but we have no idea when she left the island. We can be fairly certain it was prior to the Purge but there's no clue as to how that would have happened. I mean, nobody leaves the island, right? Unless they're on an assignment...like Tom, for example. Was it possible that Ben had her booted to protect her from the Purge? If so, she would have been old enough to have given birth to Charlotte. And since Charlotte is alive one would assume she was born off the island. If Annie left as a child then we're left with Charlotte and mystery parents.

Eleri, in my shame, I looked up the black and white stones on Lostpedia and it all came back to me. (Sorry about that. Won't happen again.) But, it certainly seems probable that Rose and Bernard = Adam and Eve. Hopefully they will tell that story in an interesting way.

It's becoming abundantly clear that repeat viewings of earlier seasons is far from a waste of time. The enjoyment of watching current episodes is magnified greatly in doing so. Lots more "Ah ha!" moments if what came before is fresh in mind.
CuzinJohn
Great Tree Member
Great Tree Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm... Charlotte was definitely a kid on the Island... she knew about the Well before the Orchid was there.

And Yeah, I said Dr. Candler, meant to say Candle, but isn't Dr. Marvin Candle, Dr. Mark Wickmund, Dr. Edgar Halliwax, and Dr. Pierre Chang all the same person? or ARE they?!? (Bum bum buuuummm)

And... did whatever John did in the well really fix the time slips? We still need to see Daniel in the time where the Orchid was being built... and he needs to tell a young Charlotte to never come back after she leaves... So at least Daniel is still slips around in the future... er... past... er... <head 'splodes>

BladeLakem
Great Tree Member
Great Tree Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My guess is that the time slips have stopped, but that they finally landed in the past.

Myst Embassy: http://www.mystembassy.net
Myst Headlines - http://news.mystembassy.net
MOULagain KI#27460
CuzinJohn
Great Tree Member
Great Tree Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm... indeed...

As of the last flash we saw, the Gang arrived at a time before the Orchid was there... but also even before the Well was there. Yet Charlotte knew about the well...

Maybe one final flash as Ol' Johnny turns the wheel... much like the first flash when Ben turned it will set things right... sort of.

The timeslips may stop... but the Gang gets stuck in the wrong time, if Daniel's there during the Orchid Construction.

Stuck?... Trapped?... no... LOST!!

Professor Askew
Great Tree Member
Great Tree Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think the time slips will stop until Locke is back with the Six. The well is just a back door to the Donkey Wheel (which has always been there...at least since the construction of the four-toed statue) and Locke is able to get off the island (like Ben did). Wherever Locke pops out, we know he manages to speak with the Six before losing his life. Once they all return the time slips should stop. This all begs the question...what happens next when all is right with the island again?

Just my 2 cents. I think we'll get some of the answers tonight. At least, how Locke gets off the island.......
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Great Tree Forum Index -> Randomness Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 7 of 9

Jump to: