The Great Tree Forum Index The Great Tree
still kickin'

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Poster ListPoster List   Member ListMember List  UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Links:   great tree   uru live   uru obsession   drc site  

Documentaries:    learn the story of the great tree

Anyone else obsessed with LOST?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Great Tree Forum Index -> Randomness Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Professor Askew
Great Tree Member
Great Tree Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Insane! Loved it! Some real island meat and potatoes.

What does all this have to do with the city reflection in the adverts?

And have the Oceanic 6 really left the island? Hmm?
homerjay
Veteran Explorer
Veteran Explorer

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was interesting that Penelope's Father was the winner of the "Black Rock" book at that auction, and that was back in 1996. He was pretty determined to get that book.
Remember the Black Rock??

City Reflection in Adverts?? hhhmmmm....guess I shouldn't have fast forwarded, might have to go back & check it out again.

Could it be different going to/from the island by water as opposed to aircraft? (i.e. submarine/Michael's boat)
Professor Askew
Great Tree Member
Great Tree Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, homerjay, I should have been mor specific. I didn't mean the commercials during the show, I meant the still pic they use advertising the show. The one with the Lostees staing on the island with a reflection of a city in the water. To me it appears that the Oceanic 6 are just as lost after "rescue" as they were on the island. Oh, wait....I get it. All the passengers on the plane were lost before they ever got to the island. They actually found themselves after the crash. By Jove, I think that might be it.

Yes, the Black Rock stuff is very interesting. Tied in nicely with the find815 ARG. Can't wait til they reveal the last of that. Tovar Hanso, eh?
CuzinJohn
Great Tree Member
Great Tree Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just caught this episode online today... and I'm reminded of something...

Quote:
Theorizing that one could time travel within his own lifetime, Dr. Sam Beckett stepped into the Quantum Leap accelerator and vanished.

Hmmmm....

Science is how you talk about the universe with words that bind it to a common reality.
Magic is how you talk to the universe with words that it cannot ignore.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
homerjay
Veteran Explorer
Veteran Explorer

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saw the ads for Lost:Via Domus, was intrigued "at first". The reviews were so-so. Found the vids on YouTube, was great to see the story transpire without losing my sanity. Didn't learn anything new/exciting. Some nice views. Was about what you'd expect from the Lost franchise.

Anybody else have an opinion??
Professor Askew
Great Tree Member
Great Tree Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm playing the game right now. It's very linear. Also, obvious PC port from console. I've died three times so far. lol but didn't lose too much progress each time. Voice acting isn't as bad as reviewers make out.

Best part of the game is that they've captured the spirit and ambience of the show. So, it satisfies in that regard just fine.

I'll report back again when I've gotten further into the game.

And that was a great 2 hours of Lost last night. Watching the Desmond episode again was even better than the first time.

And I'm developing a theory about the whispers. Not everytime but many times you hear the whispers someone appears seemingly out of nowhere. It's almost as if a door opens and closes in the jungle.
Eleri
Great Tree Member
Great Tree Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We now have a solid timeframe for when the Oceanic 6 get off the Island. I has to be within the next 30-35 weeks.

SNEAKY use of flashforward and flashback at the same time.

Why is Hurley glad no one else comes? The implication is that that is a real memorial (as evidenced by Hurley's used of 'lets go see him'). And it seems unlike Sun to treat the headstone in that way, if Jin was still on the Island. So what happens? Is Jin considered one of the survivors who dies on island?

Also, confirmation that O815 weck in Sunda Trench was plant by Others.

Professor Askew
Great Tree Member
Great Tree Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 6:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eleri wrote:
Is Jin considered one of the survivors who dies on island?

You mean one of the two of the eight? Jack said eight made it to the island island. We know that six made it home. Jin might be one of the two "remaining" and perhaps Claire since Desmond had seen her leaving on a helicopter.
Tweek
Friend of The Great Tree
Friend of The Great Tree

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm thinking out of the 8 6 are oceanic folks and 2 are not (like Aaron and Ben for example, technically Aaron doesn't count as one of the 6 given he was born on the island).

If Claire gets off of the island one has to ask why Kate ends up being Aaron's mother? I'm thinking Dezzie lied to Charlie about Claire getting on the chopper in order to get him to do his thing. I think she dies and has something to do with Jack hense his hesitance to see the child in the flash-forward, either that or he finds out about the family ties and that is what causes the discomfort.
Eleri
Great Tree Member
Great Tree Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interestingly enough, the previews for last night's episode said we'd learn "the last of the Oceanic 6"... so they *are* counting Aaron...
Jack, Kate, Sayid, Hurley, Sun, Aaron. That's our 6. Plus two people who supposedly survived the crash, and then died later. Jin and someone else?

BladeLakem
Great Tree Member
Great Tree Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Found this on Lostpedia. It's from a summary an episode of the official ABC Lost podcast. The main writers sometimes take questions submitted by fans.
Quote:
Does it matter who the two people were that survived the crash but died later according to the story told by the Oceanic Six?

No, because the Oceanic Six made up the entire story.

Myst Embassy: http://www.mystembassy.net
Myst Headlines - http://news.mystembassy.net
MOULagain KI#27460
Professor Askew
Great Tree Member
Great Tree Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eleri wrote:
Interestingly enough, the previews for last night's episode said we'd learn "the last of the Oceanic 6"... so they *are* counting Aaron...
Jack, Kate, Sayid, Hurley, Sun, Aaron. That's our 6. Plus two people who supposedly survived the crash, and then died later. Jin and someone else?

Well, something's messed up because Lostpedia are seemingly not counting Aaron if you look up Oceanic Six. They added Sun but there is still a spot for a sixth. Lostpedia could have it wrong but the show hasn't discussed Aaron at all so we don't know if he counts.

Thanks for the quote, Blade. We have enough work to do keeping up with the truth never mind keeping track of the lies.
Eleri
Great Tree Member
Great Tree Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOBAH!

Smoky!

and...

Ben and Widmore. I would bet you money that they are each others' "constant".

CuzinJohn
Great Tree Member
Great Tree Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DAY-UM!! A lot going on there...

All I know for SURE... is that *I* want one of those secret rooms inside a secret room like Ben has.

... and WOW! Super-duper Smoke Monster!

and Ben... in a Parka... waking up in the middle of the Tunisian Desert?

It's all starting to make sense now.

NOT!

Science is how you talk about the universe with words that bind it to a common reality.
Magic is how you talk to the universe with words that it cannot ignore.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Professor Askew
Great Tree Member
Great Tree Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eleri wrote:
Ben and Widmore. I would bet you money that they are each others' "constant".

I would have agreed with you for sure but something was nagging me. You have to be able to reach out to your constant in both time periods and I don't think Ben and Widmore are exchanging many pleasantries while Ben is on the island. Also, I wouldn't be so sure Ben would even need a constant due to the fact (idea) that he might not be under the same restrictions as others. I mean, he seems more "mobile" linearly speaking. Like a polar bear, knowhutImean? But your theory certainly would explain why Ben can't kill Widmore.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Great Tree Forum Index -> Randomness Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 4 of 9

Jump to: