The Great Tree Forum Index The Great Tree
still kickin'

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Poster ListPoster List   Member ListMember List  UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Links:   great tree   uru live   uru obsession   drc site  

Documentaries:    learn the story of the great tree

The Cavern Job Fair

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Durin Mephit
Great Tree Officer
Great Tree Officer

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 1:42 pm    Post subject: The Cavern Job Fair Reply with quote

Sharaya has asked that I pass this message along to members of The Great Tree.

Sharaya wrote:
I would love to have your organization represented at the Cavern Job fair. If you are interested in that, could you please send me your KI # so I can send you some kimail in the game?

The date and info is listed in the Cavern Day/Job Fair Event Idea thread.

We are meeting every thursday in Cavern Job Fair Event's bevin at 18:00cavern time in case you are interested in any of the planning. Very Happy

Sharaya KI # 51355 / Relayer Sharaya : KI# 7054719

See the link above or contact Sharaya for more information.
Moiety Jean
First Lady of the Great Tree

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The idea sounds cool, but this is one of those things I can't stir myself up to get active in. I'm sort of... still waiting to see if upcoming events will allow the Great Tree an opportunity to gain more purpose (other than as a gathering of friends) before I start investing time in trying to gain public interest in us. /shrug

Current apathy level: high
Confused

KI#44727
"There is a certain beautiful danger when a group of geeks get together to entertain themselves." ~Orin Drake
Erik
Great Tree Member
Great Tree Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 3:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We could spread some information about TGT.... not really to recruit new members, but to let more people know about us and our history.
Durin Mephit
Great Tree Officer
Great Tree Officer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A word about apathy. It's self-fulfilling. Expect nothing, and you get nothing.

Sharaya said she signed up for our forum but I don't think she's been able to post. Not sure what's up with that. So, I'm pasting her reply to me from last week here to point out what you're missing out on. I've boldfaced and colored some key points (emphasis mine).

Sharaya wrote:
That's fine. We have over 20 groups that will be there and will be represented. We also will have the event covered by the TCT & CCN, and Samsbase's URU Radio will be doing plugs as well.

The response for this event has been very overwhelming and the advertising is going strong. We'll be hitting it hard during episode week as well. Reteltee has agreed to plug the event during his visits on episode week as well. The Resengs are inviting people to visit beginners to find out about them and what they do too.

Even Mystwear will be represented there. I'd really hate to see you guys left out. If the Great Tree wants to impact the storyline and become something, they need to get some recognition first. People need to know you exist and what you stand for. That's what this whole Job Fair thing is all about. We will be reaching all kinds of explorers who've shown an interest in learning about what URU has to offer in the game.

Lord Chaos is providing 24 hour music for the event and we are looking into a party or kareoke to end the event with a bang. Might even have the ShadowDancers do something if they can get it together by then. : )

I understand if the group really doesn't want to participate. That's fine but it would be sad for you all to miss this opportunity. It won't do you any harm, but could do a lot of good for your group.

I have great respect for The Great Tree. I've thought of joining a few times myself, if I wasn't so busy with the Relayers and other things in the game.

Anyway, I signed up for the website and if the admin gives me permission maybe I'll send up a plea. Smile We don't have to have the Great Tree there, I just think it's a great group and would hate to not have it represented. It's a good counter to Valdez's ABA, Anti-Bahro Association. LOL!

dcos
Great Tree Member
Great Tree Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I managed to completly miss this thread somehow. Nov 3rd? Its still a little way away. We could get it together by then, surely? I'd be willing to try and set aside some time that day. Anyone else?
Erik
Great Tree Member
Great Tree Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like I said some posts back, we could easily do something. It doesn't have to be anything fancy. It's not that hard to give some people some info about our group and some background history. We shouldn't recruit any members in a rush, but just inform people about who we are.

This Job Fair will also be a great way for newcomers to get to know all the groups in the community. There are quite some people who don't know anything about TGT, except for that it is the name of a neighbourhood. We could also point out the documentaries to everyone as a way to learn more about us and about URU itself. I agree with Sharaya that it would be a missed opportunity if we would choose not to participate.

If we choose not to visible, how can we expect new Explorers to know about us, without stumbling on our website by one link or another? New groups are being formed by new Explorers almost daily. Should those new groups overrun us? Should the Great Tree go into oblivion?
Now is the time to inform new Explorers and to remember the experienced ones.

- Erik
Lord Chaos
Great Tree Member
Great Tree Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like to see The Great Tree present at the Job Fair. Even if it's as simple as just having one person standing by for a couple of hours in some recognizable, public place.

The way I think this will work is that groups will have locations and times. Then the DJ will announce these throughout the day. For example, "A representative of the Great Tree is in Phil's Relto. If you'd like to know more about this organization, be sure to stop by."

Then, a couple of weeks later, I think we should do a full-on Open House and party. This would be a time for more in-depth presentation and discussion. Your friendly neighborhood D'niJ could read some summary information about the Great Tree and invite more discussion. I've done two Open House shindigs and think that I can mix the music with the information gracefully.

I realize that Great Tree history is something of a can of worms. It's not my intent to step on toes, but we do need to work something out. Not necessarily to get new members but so that our voice can be heard a little more strongly. I think The Great Tree has valid offerings for the Cavern as it is.
janaba1
Great Tree Member
Great Tree Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's sooo great!!! Thank you, Marten, to bring this again to our attention ... Very Happy

And I'm very glad about all those wonderful, inspiring responses... I second them all,
whole-heartedly... I myself have said enough to "our presence thing" , so ...
Here we go!!!...Yeah!!!.../cheer Very Happy
Durin Mephit
Great Tree Officer
Great Tree Officer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update from Sharaya:

Sharaya wrote:
Due to the new episode date, we have changed the date of the cavern job fair.

WHEN: Sat. Oct. 27th 8:00 Cavern time to 24:00 Cavern Time

YES, you read that right! It's been changed! We don't want to conflict with the episode so we moved the date up. It's no longer a 24hr event as we didn't get a whole lot of response from different time zones. However, these times should allow most everyone a chance to come in at some point.

PLACE: The City, Kirel, and the Neighborhood Bevins

Raffle Prizes: We will be giving out 3 raffle prizes! These will be Mystwear items!!!

1 prize will be for the Group that's on the list below of Represented Groups at the Fair that signs up the most Visitors with a paying Gametap account on that day of the fair. All members of that winning group will be put in the raffle and one will win the Mystwear item.

2nd prize will be for the Visitors who sign up for a paying Gametap account on the day of the Fair. Their names will go into a raffle and one will win.

3rd prize will be for all the explorers who visit the groups during the event. You must give your information ki# and name to one of the participating groups so your name can be put in the raffle. One lucky explorer will win the Mystwear item.

If no visitors are signed up on the day of the fair, the 2nd prize won't be awarded. However, the first prize will still be awarded, but all the participating groups will be placed in a hat and one group will win. Then all the names of the members of that group will be placed in a hat and one lucky person will win. It's up to the groups to let me know who they want listed as a group member and worker/particpant for that day.)

(disclaimer: You know there had to be one. This is an Explorer sponsored and funded event and raffle. This is completely independent of Mystwear, Cyan and Gametap. )

Planning Meetings are held every Thursday in The Cavern Job Fair Event's Bevin at 18:00 Cavern time. All are welcome to attend. I would appreciate all groups particpating in the event to send at least one representative to the last meeting on the 25th of Oct. to explain how the raffle recording will work.

Current List of Groups/Guilds/Hoods Participating in the Event & where to find then on the day of the event. Please check back to this thread as the groups are still submitting their times and location.

Guild of Storytellers
Guild of Maintainers
Guild of Writers
Guild of Messengers
Guild of Cartographers
Guild of Greeters
Guild of Ideas
D'ni Zoological Society
ABA Anti-Bahro Association
Amber Horizons
The RelayerCorps
Myss Terrie's Bevin
CCN
TCT
Gay D'ni Bevin
Cavern Dialogues
Alpha Blue
Mystwear
Resengs - in Beginner's Bevin starting at 12:00, & 17:00 - 23:00 every hour.
URUTunes - in URUTunes Bevin - 16:00-20:00
Guild of Archivists
DPWR

Please email/kimail or pm me with the place you'll have staff and the times you'll be there. Remember that Visitors cannot go to the city so you'll want to have a bevin they can go to if you want to sign them up and be elligible for the raffle prize.

Here's how the raffle reporting will work. Explorers cannot sign up with a visitor account. So, if you see a person who says they are a visitor, you'll notice their unchanged avatar (basic avatar clothes and colors) To verify their visitor status you could try and share your relto book with them. Visitors cannot go to your relto. Once the visitor has signed up with a gametap account, they will have the same name and ki number. Tell them to wait to create other new explorers. You can test to see if they signed up by if they can link to your relto or have them link to the city and find your other team member.

Make sure you write their name and ki number down and any other information needed to contact them if they want to enter the raffle for visitors who sign up with a paying gametap account too. You can kimail or email me their information as well.

For the explorer raffle, please just take down the names and ki numbers of the explorers who visit you during the cavern job fair. Send them to me after the event is over and I'll put all the names in a hat and draw one lucky winner. I can contact them ingame with a kimail explaining what I'll need to send them their prize.

Moiety Jean

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you guys would like to go ahead with this, feel free to jump in. I've got plans for that saturday, so there's no way I could make it. (halloween party weekend!)

KI#44727
"There is a certain beautiful danger when a group of geeks get together to entertain themselves." ~Orin Drake
Durin Mephit
Great Tree Officer
Great Tree Officer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reminder: The Cavern Job Fair is this weekend.
janaba1
Great Tree Member
Great Tree Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're right, that's tomorrow... Very Happy
Erik
Great Tree Member
Great Tree Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, no Cavern Day for the Great Tree. I failed to come up with something and I don't think anyone else came up with something... Time flies!
Saxy
Community Orchestrator
Community Orchestrator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While I think this was a neat idea, it hits a little too close to reality for me right now. I've been practically living in the job search/job fair world for the past month, looking for the job I'm going to have when I graduate this December. Oy!

(Hi everyone!)

Not all who wander are lost... (MJ fixed my sig!)
KI: 38931
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Great Tree Forum Index -> The Cavern All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: