The Great Tree Forum Index The Great Tree
still kickin'

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Poster ListPoster List   Member ListMember List  UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Links:   great tree   uru live   uru obsession   drc site  

Documentaries:    learn the story of the great tree

Cavern Arts Collective first (experimental) meeting

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cycreim
Great Tree Officer
Great Tree Officer

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 11:36 pm    Post subject: Cavern Arts Collective first (experimental) meeting Reply with quote

Hey folk, it's me, friendly neighbourhood explorer Cycreim, here to tell you about a group I'm trying to organize to discuss art in the Cavern.

If you're a practicing artist or are interested in D'ni (and the multitude of book-world cultures') art history, you may be interested in the Cavern Arts Collective. We're a roundtable of sorts where artists in all disciplines can take their skills and knowledge and apply it to a better understanding of the Cavern... and toward a new D'ni. We'll look at architecture, painting, textiles, stonework, symbology, industrial design, and discuss its relation to D'ni culture at the time.

If you're interested in finding out more about this group, or to participate in its creation, we will be holding our first meeting on Friday, April 6th at 8 PM Cavern Time in The Great Tree's Bevin.

The topic of the meeting will be: What is the Cavern Arts Collective?

I hope to see some of you there!
tetters
Explorer
Explorer

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure if I am the type of AR-tist that you are looking for. Here is something I sketched awhile back. Sadly I can't seem to find the time when I could doodle like I used to. Yep...most of the stuff that I do draw comes straight outta my noggin and it usually ends up looking like this guy. (How do I sleep at night???) I pull my influences from sci-fi, fantasy, & comic book illustration. It was a work in progress when I had it scanned. I made several changes by the time it was finally "completed". I always feel like I'm never done a piece.

-Anonymous-
Moiety Jean
First Lady of the Great Tree
First Lady of the Great Tree

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holy poop! ::eyes pop out:: Shocked

KI#44727
"There is a certain beautiful danger when a group of geeks get together to entertain themselves." ~Orin Drake
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Great Tree Forum Index -> The Cavern All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: