The Great Tree Forum Index The Great Tree
still kickin'

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Poster ListPoster List   Member ListMember List  UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Links:   great tree   uru live   uru obsession   drc site  

Documentaries:    learn the story of the great tree

The Garden Binge

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cycreim
Great Tree Officer
Great Tree Officer

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 11:24 pm    Post subject: The Garden Binge Reply with quote

I was doing some research for a possible Cavern Arts Collective meeting topic and I'm finding it very difficult to scrounge up information on the Garden Binge and the period of D'ni history from about 7600 to 9300 DE.

The Garden Binge occurred c. 8100 DE.

It comes about 1000 years after Kerath's death and the end of the reign of Kings.

The Garden Binge could be considered "pre-fall", as it's quite late in D'ni history. It's assumed that it occurs approximately 1200 years before the Fall.

The KI and Nexus allowed for the construction of the neighbourhoods, i.e. Bevins, where these public gardens were placed, thus, and I'm making a big assumption here, the KI predates the Garden Binge.

Does anyone have any more information on this period of time?
Ian [Atrus]
Explorer
Explorer

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately, as far as I know, we don't have much information at all about the period under the Council or anything between the end of the Kings and the Book of Ti'ana.
I would really like confirmation on whether Delin and Tsogahl were written during the Garden Binge; their similarity to Kemo and Gira seems to confirm that, and maybe they were even written as substitutes after those Ages were retired from common use, but we don't have any document to back that up.

However we know that the KI was quite a new thing, at least for the common population, at the time of the Fall, so I doubt it was used as access to the Bevins at the time of the garden binge. One could argue that maybe it was priviliged access for the rich people, but then the rich people would live in elaborate and original 'hoods and homes, not in a set of places that look all the same and were probably more for the middle/middle-high class.
The 'hoods probably had a different kind of access before the Nexus was invented; maybe people kept their 'hood books in safes in their offices (a bit lik Sharper's link in Teledahn), or they had keys that opened the doors to the Linking rooms (preventing strangers from getting to the Rest Ages of the 'hood or linking back to the City, and thus avoiding the temptation to link into a random 'hood).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Great Tree Forum Index -> D'ni Research All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: