The Great Tree Forum Index The Great Tree
still kickin'

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Poster ListPoster List   Member ListMember List  UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Links:   great tree   uru live   uru obsession   drc site  

Documentaries:    learn the story of the great tree

New Area Open
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Liath
Veteran Explorer
Veteran Explorer

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2004 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Farlesis wrote:
Wow brilliant Laughing Of course there will now be a mad rush to get it. I'll wait until you American's are asleep Wink

Lol, that means we'll have to wait until tomorrow morning... Sad Always one step behind...
I hate getting everything last! Very Happy

Liath,
Also playing Ryzom, avatar name = Lavender
NSymon
Friend of The Great Tree
Friend of The Great Tree

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2004 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HI Liath

Try not to worry about it. My thoughts, the great zero will still be there tomorrow and next week, regardless of how many markers or if your onto the next quest. Just have fun with it, some people have turned into a race of who's got what markers first. That isn't Myst at all.
Professor Askew
Great Tree Member
Great Tree Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2004 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here, here, Far! Very Happy
NSymon
Friend of The Great Tree
Friend of The Great Tree

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2004 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's just a realisation I've come to over the past few weeks. I see people running in and out of hoods linking into the nexus to check if the city is available or camping out in the nexus for the night refreshing the screen a million times. There more than welcome to be the first to complete the various Great Zero quests.

It's taken us 10 years to get down into the cavern and see the D'ni City, I can wait, I'm in no hurry. The Myst story has always been a slow evolving story and even then it's only been little bits given to us. So slow for me is fine.
U'anme
Explorer
Explorer

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2004 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sleep? We do that here? Twisted Evil
NSymon
Friend of The Great Tree
Friend of The Great Tree

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2004 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

U'anme wrote:
Sleep? We do that here? Twisted Evil

LOL Laughing

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2004 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AAH, the ever patient Farlesis has a good point. I think I'll wait with you, except for the occasional peak early in the morning. It is definitely more fun talking to you, rather than bounced out of the Nexus.
Maharet
Veteran Explorer
Veteran Explorer

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2004 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Embarassed Forgot to sign in before posting.
Liath
Veteran Explorer
Veteran Explorer

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2004 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Farlesis wrote:
HI Liath

Try not to worry about it. My thoughts, the great zero will still be there tomorrow and next week, regardless of how many markers or if your onto the next quest. Just have fun with it, some people have turned into a race of who's got what markers first. That isn't Myst at all.

Don't worry about me, just joking Very Happy
anyways, I got all of the 30 markers, went to GZ, door opened, and I chose another quest for 20 markers....
But, I really don't have any idea what i'm doing / supposed to do? I've got 12 of the new markers, but I'd like to know what's going on before i finish anything Very Happy

Liath,
NSymon
Friend of The Great Tree
Friend of The Great Tree

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2004 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Liath

Cool that you got the 30 markers Smile

With the next quest you choose one of the missions offered. The icons next to each mission are a clue as to where you will find those markers. Look at the pictures and try to think where they remind you of.

Some of the missions you will need 10 markers, 7 markers and others you will need 30 markers. Some of them you won't be able to complete at the moment as all the areas aren't open. So you need to find a mission where all the markers are available to you. So say you do one mission that requires 15 markers, go to the location you think where the markers might be. You will see all 15 markers regardless of distance away from you, run through the markers and each square on the KI will turn a brighter shade of green. Once all 15 are collected go to the Calibration Chamber, upload the markers and then pick another mission.

The timing aspect is if you want to beat your time in collecting the required markers. You can redo the missions as many times as you want if you want to try and beat your previous time. You can cancel any mission if you can't find the required markers and pick another mission. But the mission you cancel you will have to start again.

Hope that makes sense?
Ashtar
Friend of The Great Tree
Friend of The Great Tree

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2004 9:34 am    Post subject: Glorified Easter Egg Hunt Reply with quote

Farlesis wrote:
It's taken us 10 years to get down into the cavern and see the D'ni City, I can wait, I'm in no hurry. The Myst story has always been a slow evolving story and even then it's only been little bits given to us. So slow for me is fine.

I've collected my 30 markers, linked to the GZ, and now have my first set of timed markers. OK, is this what Uru Live is suppose to be, a glorified Easter Egg hunt? Yes, I've loved exploring the new parts of the city, and my experience in the Great Tree neighborhood has been wonderful, but I'm not going to pay for Uru Live just to collect markers. I want new Ages to explore and new puzzles to solve. Is this how the DRC keeps the masses busy while they pillage all the artifacts in the ages they have discovered?

Ashtar
NSymon
Friend of The Great Tree
Friend of The Great Tree

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2004 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Ashtar

Nope I don't believe this what Uru is going to amount to. There is an interview on the Uru Live website where CyanBill talks about what Uru will be like, with one new Age per month, and other things opened during each week.

I doubt we will get an Age in the Prologue, unless it's one to test. And yes the Marker Quest could very well be the distraction the DRC wants to give us and it could also be a way for Cyan to test everything, as lag in the city seems to have practically dropped to zero.
Liath
Veteran Explorer
Veteran Explorer

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2004 5:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Farlesis wrote:
Hi Liath

Cool that you got the 30 markers Smile

With the next quest you choose one of the missions offered. The icons next to each mission are a clue as to where you will find those markers. Look at the pictures and try to think where they remind you of.

Some of the missions you will need 10 markers, 7 markers and others you will need 30 markers. Some of them you won't be able to complete at the moment as all the areas aren't open. So you need to find a mission where all the markers are available to you. So say you do one mission that requires 15 markers, go to the location you think where the markers might be. You will see all 15 markers regardless of distance away from you, run through the markers and each square on the KI will turn a brighter shade of green. Once all 15 are collected go to the Calibration Chamber, upload the markers and then pick another mission.

The timing aspect is if you want to beat your time in collecting the required markers. You can redo the missions as many times as you want if you want to try and beat your previous time. You can cancel any mission if you can't find the required markers and pick another mission. But the mission you cancel you will have to start again.

Hope that makes sense?

Teehee, silly me, I just chose that mission because I thought the picture looked nice Very Happy
I need 20 of them, I found 15 (of which I still have to collect three) around the concert hall, so maybe the picture is the concert hall. That still leaves me 5 markers short though, so I think I will try another mission first and do this one later.

I still have 1 question though: Why are we collecting these markers (I knew why we were collecting the previous 30 markers, but I'm in the dark about these 14 missions)?

Liath,
NSymon
Friend of The Great Tree
Friend of The Great Tree

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2004 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your guess is as good as mine to what the reason maybe to doing these Mission Markers. Maybe that other door in the Calibration Center will open when all Missions are completed? Or the Great Zero becomes activated and the three zero's you see in your KI will starting showing numbers?

But it's fun and frustrating at the same time Laughing

Apparently all of the missions except for 2 of them can be completed. I can't remember which 2 though. Sorry Confused
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Great Tree Forum Index -> The Cavern All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: