The Great Tree Forum Index The Great Tree
still kickin'

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Poster ListPoster List   Member ListMember List  UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Links:   great tree   uru live   uru obsession   drc site  

Documentaries:    learn the story of the great tree

Vixen Online's Apoligy
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Great Tree Forum Index -> The Cavern
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vixen Online
Explorer
Explorer

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 2:08 am    Post subject: Vixen Online's Apoligy Reply with quote

I know you guys prob don't want me to post because of what i did today. I just wanted to tell the community i am sorry and feel bad about what i did with the rally today. I am no longer going to join any movements or interupt anything else. I am just going to follow the calling and have fun. I thought is was part of the game and I was wrong. I hope we can still all be friends
Cycreim
Great Tree Officer
Great Tree Officer

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EDIT: moving this post over from the other thread, where it could have easily stuck around...

Vixen Online, I'll leave the accepting of any apologies to the people who were there, if they choose to do so...

But I will say, it's very noble of you to apologize, so thank you for that. I just wish you had known a little more about what was going on before you opposed it in the way you did.

The political aspect of Uru is really touchy, because real feelings get involved, and there's the risk of hurting peoples' feelings if you react to something the wrong way. Don't get me wrong... you can make whatever you want of Uru, and oppose whoever you want to oppose! Just keep in mind that the people you're interacting with are real people — who have real feelings — and who might have an emotional investment in what they're doing. You can oppose peoples' viewpoints, just do it in a courteous and genuine manner, if you can't manage a friendly demeanour.

Just so you understand what all the fuss was about...

Those of us staging the gathering in the city, Tweek et al, had considered many plans for a way to signal to the DRC that we would like their forums to return. It was scheduled many days in advance. They'd tried to keep a consistent message and reasoning. The word "protest" was eschewed to make it clear that this was a show of opinion, not a riot over trivialities. The very need to stage this was debated over. It was a lot of work and a lot of effort to get it started, and it was a delicate operation.

That's why people are upset that it got usurped. Does that make sense?
Ragdrazi
Bothersome

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 4:39 am    Post subject: Re: Vixen Online's Apoligy Reply with quote

A counter protest is to be expected at any protest planed. Any protest.

Equal time means equal time.

The Alphabet
dcos
Great Tree Member
Great Tree Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 5:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I must say I was very surprised to see you posting an apology but you have no idea how greatly that has improved my opinion of you. It was a noble thing to do and I accept your apology.

I don't think there is much more to say beyond what Cyc has alerady Very Happy
Gadren
Great Tree Member
Great Tree Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for apologizing. However, I need to post something from one of the admins at UO:

Quote:
At this point it is necessary that we add the information that Sydney and v.i.x.e.n. o.n.l.i.n.e. are the same person. In accordance with our rules on multiple accounts, one of them will be removed shortly.

Thanks,

Foo
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Vixen Online
Explorer
Explorer

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like I said in my apology I don't want to be involved in any more movements and I'm sorry. Sydney has left the cave for good.
Eleri
Great Tree Member
Great Tree Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 11:02 am    Post subject: Re: Vixen Online's Apoligy Reply with quote

Ragdrazi wrote:

This is true. However, how a counter-protest behaves is often taken as a reflection on the validity of their viewpoint. Equal time or not, a 'side' that acts in a disruptive manner at a planned gathering does nothing but hurt their case.

Erik
Great Tree Member
Great Tree Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Vixen Online! I appreciate your post, no hard feelings anymore.

And, it's not wrong to have a different opinion... let's make that clear.
Quaxo
Great Tree Member
Great Tree Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank-you Vixen Online for having the courage to stop by and apologize. I wasn't there, but all the same, I am glad you did.

...and what Erik said. Wink

KI:671409
Moiety Jean
First Lady of the Great Tree
First Lady of the Great Tree

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 1:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Vixen Online's Apoligy Reply with quote

Eleri wrote:
Ragdrazi wrote:

This is true. However, how a counter-protest behaves is often taken as a reflection on the validity of their viewpoint. Equal time or not, a 'side' that acts in a disruptive manner at a planned gathering does nothing but hurt their case.

I agree completely with Eleri.

Thank you for coming to apologize, Vixen Online.

KI#44727
"There is a certain beautiful danger when a group of geeks get together to entertain themselves." ~Orin Drake
Durin Mephit
Great Tree Officer
Great Tree Officer

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 1:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Vixen Online's Apoligy Reply with quote

Ragdrazi wrote:

I agree with this and several other points above.

In addition to comments regarding politeness, I wanted to add:

Equal time does not have to be the same time.
Ragdrazi
Bothersome

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 11:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Vixen Online's Apoligy Reply with quote

Eleri wrote:

And all's fair in love and free speech... If anything she should be apologizing to her supporters.

Which is not to say she shouldn't feel bad for hurt feelings. It is however to say that feelings shouldn't have been hurt.

Disruptive counter protests have been attempted at nearly every rally I've ever been to. The trick is to just stare at them, smile, and keep chanting...

The Alphabet
K'Dahta
Veteran Explorer
Veteran Explorer

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 1:04 am    Post subject: Re: Vixen Online's Apoligy Reply with quote

Ragdrazi wrote:
Disruptive counter protests have been attempted at nearly every rally I've ever been to. The trick is to just stare at them, smile, and keep chanting...

I'll remember that the next time Dylan and I try to make a public announcement in the city when you're around.

Razz bah, I'm just kidding with you dood. Wink
Ragdrazi
Bothersome

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 1:17 am    Post subject: Re: Vixen Online's Apoligy Reply with quote

Huh? No, I didn't step into this one either way. I've always wanted the forums back but I wanted to see this community more unified before it even tried.

The Alphabet
Saxy
Community Orchestrator
Community Orchestrator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vixen, thank you very much for your apology. I respect the fact you came here to tell us this; it's a step in reversing my negative first impressions of you.

I know we crossed words in the Cavern on Wednesday and I agree: Ae'gura is a place where people can come and go as they wish. Also, I'm not against opposing viewpoints as they're important to what goes on in the Cavern. I just didn't like the way you were approacing your stance. I felt that it was rude to come in, with no organization, at the same time a bunch of us carefully planned out a civil gathering to make our point. If you wanted to hold a gathering for your own movement, I certainly wouldn't show up in the middle of it and start spouting off offensive burbs to the DRC member the group is trying to have discussions with. Tweek put a lot of work into gathering people for the activity and getting the attention of the DRC; it's sad to see one person from a minority come in and so easily ruin the hard work of others in such an immature and uncivil way.

But you already apologized for that, and thank you. I just feel that I had to justify what I said to you since you went off telling everyone in the cavern that I was trying to "silence" you and your movement. This was not the case at all.

Not all who wander are lost... (MJ fixed my sig!)
KI: 38931
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Great Tree Forum Index -> The Cavern All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: