The Great Tree Forum Index The Great Tree
still kickin'

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Poster ListPoster List   Member ListMember List  UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Links:   great tree   uru live   uru obsession   drc site  

Documentaries:    learn the story of the great tree

Back at last

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Is Vormaen that much of a jerk?
Vormaen is a kindred soul, welcome back!
25%
 25%  [ 1 ]
Vormaen is a no good troll scoudrel, get the **** out of my forums!
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Who is Vermane?
75%
 75%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 4

Vormaen
Explorer
Explorer

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 12:03 am    Post subject: Back at last Reply with quote

I haven't been to these forums in a long time. I figured since most of my friends from Uru are here I might chat once in awhile again. Since I am no longer welcome on the Uru live forums, I am hoping that because this is just a chatting forum I won't get mugged. Seems TKWiggins has had a grudge against me for sometime, and let it be known for the whole world to see what he thought of me. I never thought in a million years that my fellow vets of Uru would ever thing bad of me, especially those I have held in high regard for years. Is it still cool if I come here? Does anyone have a problem with me here? Question
Moiety Jean
First Lady of the Great Tree

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had to pick the last one, because you left out 4) I don't know you very well but as long as you'll be civil you're welcome to chat here. Very Happy

I am aware, however, of your feelings on speaking your mind, and that you might take offense to having to censor yourself in any way. But around here we do take care to consider the feelings of those who will be reading our posts, so please remember that before you hit "submit." We're not tree-huggy (haha!). We just don't tolerate rudeness.

Just a friendly reminder. Otherwise, post away. Smile

Oh, and beware, you're likely to run into politics here, but the debates will be free of personal attack. If that's not your cup o' tea, just move on to a different thread.

See you around!

KI#44727
"There is a certain beautiful danger when a group of geeks get together to entertain themselves." ~Orin Drake
Vormaen
Explorer
Explorer

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's cool, I'd rather leave the politics to the IC forums.....I've had about my fill of that. True I don't like being held back, but I know when it's time to step off. Problem with forums is there is no real way of interpreting the emotion of the post, and something can turn real ugly in the blink of an eye instead of a slow and deliberate progression.
Durin Mephit
Great Tree Officer
Great Tree Officer

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Vormaen, welcome to the Great Tree forums once more. Smile

I felt that we had a good chat last week. Were we in the GoG or UO hood? I forget. I do remember there was one person attacking you for speaking your mind plainly, and I tried to mediate a bit.

As a geeky-type introvert, I often prefer direct and to the point no-nonsense words myself. I think we share a common approach there. It annoys me that some people let their feelings get in the way of listening openly, and when they hear something they don't like, they cover their ears and go LALAALALALALA you're a bad person LALALALALA, and no matter how rational or well argued your point may be, they won't listen. I have been there a million times.
Moiety Jean

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vormaen wrote:
That's cool, I'd rather leave the politics to the IC forums.....I've had about my fill of that.

Don't forget that we are an IC board! We're not 100% strict about policing it but we try to keep the OOC stuff in the Randomness Forum. Wink

KI#44727
"There is a certain beautiful danger when a group of geeks get together to entertain themselves." ~Orin Drake
Vormaen
Explorer
Explorer

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 4:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's fine, IC and all, but when it comes to politics, I'll politely see myself out of the conversation. No offense, but people tend to take what I say and interpret it as an attack. I'd much rather avoid that at all costs. Yes, that includes discussions about Sharper! Wink

In my real life people seem to be afraid of me....perhaps of my bold demeanor. It's kind of funny, I'm the short, jewish, anxiety filled napoleanic syndrome laced, leather trench wearing misfit, but people are intimidated by me? I don't get it. I'm actually a fun person to be around, and I'm really loyal to my friends. I guess even my friends feel they need to walk on eggshells with me, I have had my moment of reminding them when they screw up.......but it's not because I'm a mean, hate filled person, it's because I care enough to just tell the truth. Guess even at my age I have things to learn still.
Mystlander
Great Tree Member
Great Tree Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vormaen wrote:
In my real life people seem to be afraid of me....perhaps of my bold demeanor. It's kind of funny, I'm the short, jewish, anxiety filled napoleanic syndrome laced, leather trench wearing misfit, but people are intimidated by me? I don't get it. I'm actually a fun person to be around, and I'm really loyal to my friends. I guess even my friends feel they need to walk on eggshells with me, I have had my moment of reminding them when they screw up.......but it's not because I'm a mean, hate filled person, it's because I care enough to just tell the truth. Guess even at my age I have things to learn still.

All that may be true, but you are one-heck-of-an artist! Speaking of which... whatever became of the URU Comic you were working on, hmmmmmm? And how come I didn't get to vote... Confused
URU Live KI #: 50911 MOULa KI #11697212
Vormaen
Explorer
Explorer

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

backburner for now.....need some time to reorganize......
Lord Chaos
Great Tree Member
Great Tree Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's a big difference between being direct and to the point, and being deliberately abusive. I tend toward the direct myself, but work at being nice about it. First thing I ask myself is "Do I need to say anything at all?" Most arguments I just stay away from. From there I work on seeing both sides, after which process the whole storm has usually passed over. Smile

It's unfortunate that some in the Uru community hold grudges. We'e all been affected by this, even if not directly. I hope that with the activity of New Live we'll see less of the grudge effects.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Great Tree Forum Index -> The Cavern All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: