The Great Tree Forum Index The Great Tree
still kickin'

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Poster ListPoster List   Member ListMember List  UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Links:   great tree   uru live   uru obsession   drc site  

Documentaries:    learn the story of the great tree

New Messages from the DRC

View previous topic :: View next topic  
NSymon
Friend of The Great Tree
Friend of The Great Tree

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2004 5:09 pm    Post subject: New Messages from the DRC Reply with quote

New Messages from the DRC

The wall. I'm of a mind to turn the thing on. It hasn't been fully researched - there may be...idiosyncrasies. None dangerous, especially considering - well, in any case it may prove distracting.

Shall I go ahead?

V

and

Yes, you may turn it on.

K
Daedalus
Overseer / Architect
Overseer / Architect

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2004 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's very strange how the DRC is opening new areas and giving us new access all of a sudden.

Wonder what Watson's decision was? Maybe this is it...
Ashkar
Explorer
Explorer

Location: on me bum in front of my computer, the same place ive been for 3 years :D

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2004 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

since this is about the wall, ill post here

i don't know if this will happen to anyone other than me, but i tried using the wall by myself and it messed up and i had to quit out of the game to fix it, so just a word of warning, although it might have just been my game......
Great Tree Member
Great Tree Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2004 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Farlesis, it got lost in your message, but Laxman put an emphasis on 'distracting'. Distracting from what? Considering their stance on safety so far, I would classify this as evidence of outright panic. Mark my words, we're going to get very bad news soon.

Daed, I son't think this is Watson's message- he's still missing, from what I understand, and I doubt he would send them a message about that.
NSymon
Friend of The Great Tree
Friend of The Great Tree

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2004 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jon wrote:
Farlesis, it got lost in your message, but Laxman put an emphasis on 'distracting'. Distracting from what? Considering their stance on safety so far, I would classify this as evidence of outright panic. Mark my words, we're going to get very bad news soon.

Daed, I son't think this is Watson's message- he's still missing, from what I understand, and I doubt he would send them a message about that.

This distracting bit is something I'm worried about as I was with the 'throw them a bone' remark from the other day. Like you say distraction from what? Throw them a bone to keep them occupied while we get on with something and hopefully they won't notice what were doing? And now the distraction remark.
Kam Uraki
Veteran Explorer
Veteran Explorer

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2004 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jon, my friend, you took the words right out of my mouth! I'll let my guard down when one of three things happens.

1. I get a girlfriend and forget about everything else. Embarassed

2. The DRC opens everything up and apologizes for their past mistakes. (Snowballs chance in Hell, I realize)

3. I die.

Obviously I'm hoping it's one of the first two, but unless one of these happens, I'm not trusting the DRC or letting my guard down for a second!
Thalia
Explorer
Explorer

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2004 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it is time to post a follow-up to our request...

Not so much as a whisper from them. Sad

'My heart is mine to give to whom I choose.'

Atrus KI# 04664342
Katran KI# 02320140
Jon
Great Tree Member
Great Tree Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2004 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll wait a week (the 25th), and then post a little blurb thanking them for considering the proposal, and expressing how sorry I am that they turned it down, yada yada. It's disappointing, but not unexpected.
Psion Omikron
Explorer
Explorer

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2004 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd just like to point out that the quote is from the 'throw them a bone' thread and is apparently a continuation of that idea. The wording of that thread definately doesn't sound good.
Maharet
Veteran Explorer
Veteran Explorer

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2004 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Distract us from what? Their actions or us getting closer to answers?
Veteran Explorer
Veteran Explorer

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2004 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maharet, that is a striking thought. Because, now that I reflect, the offhand way in which they say they will 'throw a bone' brings to mind the thought of a good-measure 'cementing' of plans--as if they know they can't fail, but they decide it won't hurt to distract us a little.

Almost like it won't matter if they open up areas to explorers, because something else greater in value to them will be taken away, or perhaps from, us. I feel that we may be missing something. Confused Is there anything they can take away from us that we have the opportunity to protect?

Jon wrote:
and expressing how sorry I am that they turned it down, yada yada. It's disappointing, but not unexpected.

Ideally, some day it will come to pass that they extend an invitation to us. Smile
Kam Uraki
Veteran Explorer
Veteran Explorer

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2004 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Ideally, some day it will come to pass that they extend an invitation to us.

You're dreaming if you think that'll happen. Never in my life have I seen the greedy willingly share. Anything we get will more than likely be hard fought. At least anything worth getting will be.
Maharet
Veteran Explorer
Veteran Explorer

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2004 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zen, it may not be 'what can be taken from us', but rather what can be given to us by someone ele. Like Yeesha or the Bahro.
I am convinced that the markers are not placed by the DRC, because of the placement (especially the last marker in the hole). These markers are from the D'ni and someone is revealing them to us slowly.
I believe we are getting closer to something. The DRC cannot do a thing about the Bahro stones, so even if areas are blocked off, we may be able to catch glimpses of them.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Great Tree Forum Index -> The Cavern All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: