The Great Tree Forum Index The Great Tree
still kickin'

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Poster ListPoster List   Member ListMember List  UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Links:   great tree   uru live   uru obsession   drc site  

Documentaries:    learn the story of the great tree

Rand Visits the Great Tree Hood!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ashtar
Friend of The Great Tree
Friend of The Great Tree

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 7:10 am    Post subject: Rand Visits the Great Tree Hood! Reply with quote

There were a few of us in the cavern yesterday evening when CuzinJohn noticed that Rand had made his way down from the surface. Since the hood was not yet public, Cuzin did some quick thinking and politely asked Rand if he would like to visit and sent him an invite. He was with us for about 45 minutes, and it was a very nice visit. Besides myself and CuzinJohn, MJ, and Cycreim were there.

We chatted about many things, but unfortunately, most of it was voice chat so I didn't bother to keep a chatlog. He was excited that the restoration had started again, just like the rest of us. There will be some new content in the Beta II phase, but most of it won't happen until Live officially launches in January. He thanked us for our patience, and expressed the desire for everyone to be patient while they ramp things up. The message we have in our Inbox that says "Downloading" was an attempt by Cyan to send images to the Classroom imager that resulted in that message instead.

And of course, we had to have some photo's with the big Kahuna. The first two were from my KiImages folder taken by me. You can find that in your My Documents/Uru Live/KIimages directory.

OK Rand, put up those hands and give up those linking books! Smile

Rand: "Ummmm, CuzinJohn. What's with the green hair anyway?" Smile

The next three are screenshots taken of my KI inbox. Not nearly as good as the originals. Cycriem if you can post the originals, it would be appreciated. If you don't have anyplace to host them, send them to me and I'll be glad to host them for you.

Professor Askew
Great Tree Member
Great Tree Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

45 minutes?! Maaaaan......I continue my tradition of being in the wrong place at the wrong time. Good for you, guys! That's a great treat. Thanks for sharing the visit with us, Ashtar.

And I really have to wonder about voice chat and our inability to record the Cavern's goings on. It could put a serious crimp in our day to day activity.
Ashtar
Friend of The Great Tree
Friend of The Great Tree

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've given some thought about that Professor. From now on if something like that in the future happens, I'll bring up Audacity and record the in-cavern audio. Perhaps with chatlogs and audio recordings we can keep a historical archive of important events.

Ashtar
Professor Askew
Great Tree Member
Great Tree Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ooo! Shocked Is Audacity free?
JohnLynch
Veteran Explorer
Veteran Explorer

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All class guys Smile All class Smile

This is how we should be handling visitors to the Cavern (whether they're Cyantists or DRC members), not hassling them with questions like what authority makes them in charge or where they like to smoke.
CuzinJohn
Great Tree Member
Great Tree Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah... about the green hair...

I simply don't know. I sent the invite to Rand while I was on the Takotah Roof. I just grabbed a DRC helmet and put it on, but it must have been full of Restoration Dust. Putting on the helmet turned my hair decidedly grayish-white.

Before heading to the 'hood, I swung past Relto to change back into my hat and wash the dust out of my hair. I have enough gray hair as it is and I don't need any more, thank you very much. Confused

So I put on my hat, and off I went to the 'hood. It was cool watching Rand link in, and I totally geeked out and asked Cyc to take our picture. Looking at the pic Cyc sent to my KI was the first I saw that my hair was GREEN.

I was SO ticked off. Here's a one-in-a-million chance to meet Rand... THE RAND... and I look like a stinkin' Oompa Loompa. Mad Mad

Still. It was a really great visit.

/CuzinJohn hums quietly..."Oompah Loompah doompitty do... I've got another puzzle for you..."

Science is how you talk about the universe with words that bind it to a common reality.
Magic is how you talk to the universe with words that it cannot ignore.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
BladeLakem
Great Tree Member
Great Tree Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CuzinJohn wrote:
/CuzinJohn hums quietly..."Oompah Loompah doompitty do... I've got another puzzle for you..."

That's it! The Bahro are actually Oompa Loompas!
Rils
Great Tree Member
Great Tree Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's so awesome! Just out of curiosuity, what kind of topics did you cover? Just general chatting, or did he say anything really profound and earthshattering?
Great Tree Member
Great Tree Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope... no cures for what's ailing us.

He spoke very much IC, and was running around Gira and Kemo on the Journey when I sent the invite.

The fact alone that Rand was on the Journey spoke volumes.

He knew the DRC was gearing up to bring back some of the goodies that were taken away... and was pleased to hear that someone (Engberg? Laxman) said that Bevin Imagers are on the way.

Like Ashtar said, the "downloading" message in the KI is a lattice hiccup from the DRC turning on the Classrom Imagers... and they are ON. We didn't know that until Rand asked, and we went to check.

Science is how you talk about the universe with words that bind it to a common reality.
Magic is how you talk to the universe with words that it cannot ignore.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Saxy
Community Orchestrator
Community Orchestrator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW! What a neat opportunity! I'm so jealous of you guys. Maybe someday... Very Happy Thanks for sharing this with us, Ashtar. Smile

Not all who wander are lost... (MJ fixed my sig!)
KI: 38931
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Great Tree Forum Index -> Neighborhood All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: