The Great Tree Forum Index The Great Tree
still kickin'

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Poster ListPoster List   Member ListMember List  UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Links:   great tree   uru live   uru obsession   drc site  

Documentaries:    learn the story of the great tree

New Hood?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dcos
Great Tree Member
Great Tree Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 6:19 pm    Post subject: New Hood? Reply with quote

I know we are all agreed not to return to the Cavern till tomorrow, but forward planning never hurt. We don't know whats going on and my KI is certainly acting funny, lattice reset kinda funny, which means we will probably have to get another hood registered to us.

Should we arrange who is going to set up the 'hood and share the link? Also are we at the moment sharing with anyone or just an approved list of GT members and other random trouble makers?

I'm en route just now and should hopefully be with you all (barring unforseen problems) afternoon/evening cavern time tomorrow, however that means I'm not the ideal candidate for setting up. Anyone else be about earlier and for longer?
Professor Askew
Great Tree Member
Great Tree Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm glad you brought this up before I did, Dan. *lol* I think sometimes I jump the gun.

Personally, I was hoping Cycreim could set up the new Hood. He seems to get in before I do. And he's EST.

I think anyone interested in joining the Hood should speak with one of the core members first. I don't know how this will work. Perhaps the first week can be devoted to getting all the core members into the Hood. And then we'll take it from there.

Does that sound reasonable?
dcos
Great Tree Member
Great Tree Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds good to me. I'm rather hoping that one of the "behind the scenes" things they have been working on is access-rights for the 'hood. So that we could have something similar to moderators on the board you know. But I doubt anything like that will be coming along too soon.

In mean-time lets set some clear rules, (I know we don't like rules do we? Suggestions then? Guidlines?) just for the first week or so, and just so we are all clear.

Is anyone who gets added to the 'hood then allowed to share it on?

Are only those listed under the forum's Member Group list allowed to join the group?

I'm all up for getting the core membership joined then seeing where we stand.
Cycreim
Great Tree Officer
Great Tree Officer

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about we all create 'hoods and the we pick the one with the nicest decor?

I like the D'ni lanterns and the mushrooms and the moth/fish lamps. The clock... I'm not too crazy about the clock.
dcos
Great Tree Member
Great Tree Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hehe that sounds like a plan... although we may need to take a vote... Twisted Evil How does a double-ballot simple majority weighted voting system sound?

And for the record I'm not too fond of the clock either, I like that space being open. I'm also fond of the lanters.

Wonder what garden age we should go for Razz
Cycreim
Great Tree Officer
Great Tree Officer

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Delin.
Professor Askew
Great Tree Member
Great Tree Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Again my personal opinion is that if we let "all" members allow new members into the Hood willy-nilly, we may regret it later. Let's get the Member Group hooked up and everyone else remain patient.

Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
dcos
Great Tree Member
Great Tree Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated

That someone bring a crowbar in case the DRC have locked the meditation chambers back up again.

(I jest of course I would never do such a thing as forcing an ancient door.. much)

Seriously though I hope they aren't still scared of Floating Egg Radiation or something, third chamber on the right is my favourite haunt and place to think. If its locked where will I put my bean-bag?
Rils
Great Tree Member
Great Tree Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Professor Askew wrote:
Again my personal opinion is that if we let "all" members allow new members into the Hood willy-nilly, we may regret it later. Let's get the Member Group hooked up and everyone else remain patient.

Agreed. I would have no problem sharing my book with someone I already know is a GT member (since I'm assuming the hood will be private, it's the only way to do things anyhow). We've got lots of time to initiate new members, and I would suggest holding off on a recruitment drive till after we start to see what the future holds for the Cavern.

As for decor, I'm on the Pro-Lantern Pro-Seret-Light Anti-Clock agenda as well. And if we can get the Gahreesen stained glass with five parts (the previously censored one), so much the better.

I've heard that when setting upa new hood via the Nexus you are presented with a random unused hood book. I suppose that if you don't like the hood you get, you can just delete it and try again till you get one that's acceptable... Wink If it's gonna be the new GT clubhouse, lets get one that's cool and groovariffic!
Great Tree Officer
Great Tree Officer

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sweet

Let's keep trying until we get:

- Lanterns
- Mushrooms
- Moth lights
- Delin?
- 5 part Garrisson window

Or whenever we get bored. Razz
Mystlander
Great Tree Member
Great Tree Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cycreim wrote:
Sweet

Let's keep trying until we get:

- Lanterns
- Mushrooms
- Moth lights
- Delin?
- 5 part Garrisson window

Or whenever we get bored. Razz

ROTFLMAO... I'll open up a GT Hood... I usually have good luck with amenities... I think the Bahro like me! Wink
URU Live KI #: 50911 MOULa KI #11697212
Rils
Great Tree Member
Great Tree Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Either garden Age works for me. From what I've heard, Delin seems to be nice and peaceful, kinda reflective and mellow. I wouldn't mind Tsogal though, looks nice and sunny and summery and picnicky and would be a nice change from the dark Cavern all the time.

Plus there's something about that place that just sort of... calls... to me. I can't put my finger on it, but looking at the pictures and reading the bits of info I've found about Eder Tsogal just gives me a strange impression that it'll be significant... somehow...

Shocked

I can't say where that feeling comes from, maybe it's just me. But there's something about it I just can't put my finger on.
Overseer / Architect
Overseer / Architect

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No matter what's in the hood, it's not The GT Hood without the green garden lights on.

Smile
JohnLynch
Veteran Explorer
Veteran Explorer

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What makes people think there will be books to either Age? Has the DRC (or someone else) said that they'll be there starting tomorrow? If not, then I wouldn't assume we'll be seeing either Age in December.
NSymon
Friend of The Great Tree
Friend of The Great Tree

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Daedalus wrote:
No matter what's in the hood, it's not The GT Hood without the green garden lights on.

Smile

Couldn't agree more Daedalus Very Happy In fact during beta if I was in any hood just visiting I would change the lights so only the green ones showed Smile

Nigel
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Great Tree Forum Index -> Neighborhood All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: