The Great Tree Forum Index The Great Tree
still kickin'

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Poster ListPoster List   Member ListMember List  UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Links:   great tree   uru live   uru obsession   drc site  

Documentaries:    learn the story of the great tree

Episode Seven - "Kidnapped!"
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Great Tree Forum Index -> The Story of The Great Tree
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Durin Mephit
Great Tree Officer
Great Tree Officer

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Y'know, I have absolutely no idea which hours are "daylight" hours under GMT... Embarassed Can someone translate?

It's easist for me if people would stick to Cavern time. Everyone should know how to translate their time to Cavern time. Thanks!
Durin Mephit
Great Tree Officer
Great Tree Officer

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stop, no, behind you!
Moiety Jean
First Lady of the Great Tree

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

edit. duh. You weren't talking to me. :: sleepy ::

I like that footage!

KI#44727
"There is a certain beautiful danger when a group of geeks get together to entertain themselves." ~Orin Drake
Dav'on
Explorer
Explorer

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marten, if it helps, in GMT the hour you nearly posted on just now was midnight. It is 7 mins past midnight GMT now.
Durin Mephit
Great Tree Officer
Great Tree Officer

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm way too tired to figure that out now. As I'm posting this message, it's 11:13pm Pacific, 12:13am Cavern.

Tomorrow I'll probably be around 9am (10am Cavern) to perhaps noon (1pm Cavern), and then again later in the afternoon through the rest of the day here.
Dav'on
Explorer
Explorer

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 5:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That means that I'm about 7 hours ahead of Cavern Time, and 8 hours ahead of Pacific.
Durin Mephit
Great Tree Officer
Great Tree Officer

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We've accomplished a lot today, with many thanks to Lord Chaos (as a very sharp Sharper), a'moaca', and Moiety Jean (as Phil) who came to help! I'm sure that some of the footage filmed today will end up in a finalized episode or two.
Moiety Jean

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marten wrote:
I'm sure that some of the footage filmed today will end up in a finalized episode or two.

I sure hope so! Very Happy

KI#44727
"There is a certain beautiful danger when a group of geeks get together to entertain themselves." ~Orin Drake
Durin Mephit
Great Tree Officer
Great Tree Officer

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very preliminary Episode 7 test. I call this Test 0.

http://marten.treeweasel.com/Uru/Ep7Test0.mov 4MB
Moiety Jean

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ooooh! We did get some good footage! I love how the long bridge shot worked. Did you go in later and get some more footage with Sharper, or was that from earlier? He really needs some of the new emotes for beckoning Phil, so I'd love to see some shots taken with Live. I found I wasn't even paying attention to his hat.

Definitely needs some tweaking, but it's turning out great. Phil should say "nooooo..." as he's linking out (if you weren't already thinking of adjusting the subtitle).

I'll comment for real when you post a more finished version! Woo hoo!

KI#44727

Last edited by Moiety Jean on Sun Feb 04, 2007 11:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Durin Mephit
Great Tree Officer
Great Tree Officer

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with everything you said, MJ. The timing isn't tweaked in this, there are a lot of things "off" - more than I can count on my fingers and toes. This was just a quick chance to show what we have, so we can figure out how to fill the holes later.

I'll return to this project in a month or two Smile My attention will be needed back on Eps 4 and 5 first.
Moiety Jean

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Absolutely.

I'm so glad we have gotten as much DRC footage as we have. I really feel like we're rolling again on the documentaries. I'm not even done with Episode 7 yet and I feel like getting to work on another script!

KI#44727
Moiety Jean

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, and I'm really starting to like the idea of retitling the episode... to "Rational Discourse"

What do you think? Very Happy It kind of encompasses the whole episode, albeit the last part in a rather ironic way.

KI#44727
Gadren
Great Tree Member
Great Tree Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice rough version! Smile The shot of the whole bridge area where phil is being chased is really intense! ^_^

I do think that the TAB chat animation is a bit overused; you could probably replace some of the shorter lines with other animations (if you're filming in Live for parts of it, the /beckon commands have the mouth open a bit, so you could just do that one animation for a short "Phil! Come here!" instead of having Sharper wave his hands conversationally). Also, the part where Phil is walking up the stairs and then turns around could be made more emotionally grabbing if the turning around was faster than is actually possible with a normal avatar. Maybe speeding up that part and/or using a motion blur could help? Smile
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Erik
Great Tree Member
Great Tree Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow... the Episodes are becoming better and better! Very Happy It's realistic, and there's a lot of action in this one, although there are big limits for actions on UU. The eye-shot from Phil walking up the stairs and then Watson stepping out of the corner is really good. And the running scene is excellent!! This is something everyone should see... and that's the intention of course! Razz

About Shaper using /beckon on MOUL... maybe you could do a shot of him beckoning on MOUL and then only copy his gesture and some parts of his body and paste it onto the UU shot? Or the other way round: just copy the head from the old shot onto the new shot. But this will be hard I guess and it's not really neccesary.

I'm glad you've been working on this Episode already, I think it's one of the most important... Thumbs up!! Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Great Tree Forum Index -> The Story of The Great Tree All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 2 of 11

Jump to: