The Great Tree Forum Index The Great Tree
still kickin'

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Poster ListPoster List   Member ListMember List  UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Links:   great tree   uru live   uru obsession   drc site  

Documentaries:    learn the story of the great tree

Episode Two - "You Need To Hear"
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Great Tree Forum Index -> The Story of The Great Tree
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Professor Askew
Great Tree Member
Great Tree Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MS = Medium Shot. Usually indicates a frame that surrounds the indicated subject.
Durin Mephit
Great Tree Officer
Great Tree Officer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK. I was curious about that Smile

Excellent job with the script, Professor.

Knowing what I can and cannot do with camera, and extrapolating a bit more with camera shots (the camera suggestions sort of petered out over the last part of the script), I've tweaked the first cut just a tiny bit as I read over it, and posted it here:

http://marten.treeweasel.com/UntilUru/EpisodeTwoNew.doc

Fixed the typo too.

I may go over this again and add a short introduction, but if I do, it's going to be *very* short. One screenful of text.
Professor Askew
Great Tree Member
Great Tree Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, I've done a horrible job with the intros. LOL. Haven't paid much attention. If I were doing these on my own I probably wouldn't have included any explanations....which in this case wouldn't have been a good thing. hehe
Rils
Great Tree Member
Great Tree Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks really nice fellas. Should be fairly short I'd think?

It's been a long time wince I went back through the threads on how this particular episode (little e) originally fit in with which Episode (big E). Was this taken out of Ep 2 and made into a virtual Episode 1.5 (a new Ep 2)? Or is it new material that we hadn't even included anywhere?

I like the layout Prof, and the editing is nice. Gives a very tense (and particularly anti-DRC) feel to the piece... Rolling Eyes

~Rils
Great Tree Member
Great Tree Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't take too much credit, Rils. As I mentioned somewhere above, this one pretty much wrote itself.

As far as the origins go....ask Marten. LOL. Once I move past something I chuck it out of mind so I'm free to create. This causes a distinct lack of memory. Laughing
Durin Mephit
Great Tree Officer
Great Tree Officer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, this was taken out of the original Episode 2 plan because it didn't really fit in with the rest of the material planned for Ep 2. Then after some shuffling, voila - this is Ep 2, and what was Ep 2 is now 3. MJ's Ep 3 is now Ep 4. And so forth.

I felt very strongly that the DRC's poor management of public relations in this situation should be presented prior to the sit-in in Episode 3. Coupled with the events in (new) Ep 3, I believe it'll give viewers a better understanding of why the sit-in occurred.

I need to post the revised (new) Ep 3...
MrM3FaN
Explorer
Explorer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shorah everyone. Glad to see progress on the project is going well. I read through the script. I am guessing that most of that is from accounts from my personal log I posted o so long ago and other logs from what happened in Ae'gura. Prof. Askew would it be possible to get a copy of my original log? It might help me in answering some of the questions you asked me. I have looked all over my computer and anywhere I can think that I posted the log back in that time and I cannot find it.

As for being able to play myself, that depends on the schedule your looking at for shooting. Things are kind of hectic right now as I am moving out on my own to an aparment with a couple of friends (one of them you already know as Christoph05) and planning a job change and what not. Let me know on the timeframe you are looking to get this started.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Durin Mephit
Great Tree Officer
Great Tree Officer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shorah and welcome to the Great Tree website, MrM3FaN. Smile

The chat log is archived here:
http://www.thegreattree.com/tree/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=24

It was reformatted for presentation on the website (the timestamps are removed). Professor Askew might have the original copy...

As for filming dates, I'd like to film for this as soon as possible (I could do it this week), but I can also work on Episode 3 so if you are busy, it doesn't really pose any problem.

I remember Christoph05 saying that his life was very hectic, too. He was very generous and sent me some pictures of his avatar so that we could represent him accurately in Episode 1.
Professor Askew
Great Tree Member
Great Tree Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So far all I can find is THIS over at Uru Obsession. That link was found here at URU OBSESSION. Whatever MrM3FaN posted at DRC has been archived or removed. I'll keep looking.

EDIT: As a side note (I don't want to forget)...If DUSANTE'S POAST is accurate, the tent in the Takotah Courtyard was not present when Phil had his discussion with Laxman.
Durin Mephit
Great Tree Officer
Great Tree Officer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrM3FaN related a lot of answers to me this evening about questions we had for the script. I'll need to revise it again... I'll do that tomorrow.
Professor Askew
Great Tree Member
Great Tree Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 5:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marten, could you poast those answers here? I'd like to see them outside of the script. It makes it easier to see the big picture.
MrM3FaN
Explorer
Explorer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
1) Where were you during your brief discussion with Laxman over the KI (before you went back to Kemo to find Phil)? Laxman was in his Nexus. Were you in the Nexus? Or Relto?

At the beginning of that log I was in Relto, however during part of it I had linked to the Nexus as I was going to go to Ae'gura. Right after I got to the Nexus though Victor had told me he might need my help. So I waited in the Nexus till he asked me to go to Kemo and check things out. I then linked to my Eder Kemo from the Nexus.

Quote:
2) After you linked into Kemo I'm assuming you pretty much made your way straight to the Journey door?

Yes that is correct. Having read Zardoz's log of his encounter with Phil I went to the Door first once I saw phend listed in my Age Players list on my KI.

Quote:
3) I assume you open the Journey door. Is Phil glowing the entire time you're in Kemo?

Actually when I first opened the door I walk part way inside but I didn't see Phil. I then went back outside, the door closed, and I began walking to another part of Kemo (probably towards the other half with the floating statue). It was after he said that he saw me that I quickly turned around and reopened the door and Phil was standing there. Yes, he was the entire time (that I could see him that is) while in Kemo.

Quote:
4) Is he not glowing in your relto? In the City?

I believe he was glowing in my Relto but no in Ae'gura.

Quote:
5) You mention that Phil is jumping around sporadically when he enters the garden. Was that a blink, blink, blink jumping around? Or was it linky? Was there a lot or little distance covered in these jumps?

If by blink jumping you mean he would be standing in one spot and then all of a sudden appear in another without fading or anything, then yes. If I recall I saw Phil at the door for a few seconds then he just appeared next to me on my right side, then somewhere between me the the stone pillar near the trees with the Journey Cloth on it. After that I kind of lost track of him but while chatting with him and Laxman he would appear somewhere around that area near the pillar or around there. It was only after I told him I would take him to Ae'gura and after attempting to "lock" onto him to share my Relto that he finally settled down in front of me.

Quote:
6) At some point during your conversation with Phil you both make your way to your Relto. It's hard from the chat log to tell when but I don't think it matters. However, if you have a copy of the transcript, maybe you could point it out.

I have read the script and what Marten has looks to be the right time we left Kemo and went to Relto. He linked first of course and then myself. He appeared outside the Hut and me inside it. Once I got there I went to my bookshelf and unlocked my Nexus Linking Book.

Quote:
7) Phil uses your Nexus book and then you follow. Phil probably links right to Takotah but you have to go to the Ferry Landing, yes? Then you have to make your way up all the stairs to catch the action at the blocked entrance to the Takotah Courtyard, right?

That is all correct.

Quote:
Cool Phil and Laxman are speaking just outside the barrier in the Courtyard? Explorers are gathered around the barricade watching?

Correct although watching Martens video draft of this I believe Laxman and Phil were closer to the barrier.

Quote:
9) When Phil runs off he's heading for the stairs that lead to the Palace. According to Marten's video draft, Phil disappears/links out before he reaches them. Laxman doesn't seem to notice. Is Laxman's back to the stairs?

Actually I think things happened a different way. You see by that time there were lots of ppl linking into Ae'gura and if you recall there were HUGE lag issues during that time of Uru: Prolouge. So although it "appeared" that Phil just disappeared while running to the Palace Distrcit steps what I believe happened what that he actually jumped te barrier and ran up the stairs and used the Nexus Terminal there (I say this cause shortly after he disappeared I checked my KI and saw that Phil was in the Nexus). This of course would also explain why Laxman tells the others he ran up the stairs towards the Palace and the DRC was worried about the Library.

Quote:
10) When the remaining DRC members enter the scene to talk to Laxman...where are they coming from? From which direction?

I am not sure but I believe they all came from the Takotah.

Quote:
11) When they leave to pursue Phil I assume they make their way to the same stairs? Do you see them climb the stairs? Or do they link to the Nexus?

Yes I believe most of them made there way to the Palace stairs and also jumped the barrier (if I recall, hence why I think Phil did this as well).

Quote:
12) At some point, all the DRC members are out of sight, and you see on your KI that all but Watson are in the Nexus. Watson returns to talk to you and everyone else. Do you know where he was prior to coming back?

I do not recall exactly where Watson was before he came back to the barrier to speak with us.

If there are anymore questions please feel free to pm me, email me, or contact me on one of the many IM screen names I have listed in my profile.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Professor Askew
Great Tree Member
Great Tree Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, MrM3!! That was extremely helpful and makes perfect sense. It also sounds like it was a lot fun. Wish I was there. We appreciate all your help on this.
Rils
Great Tree Member
Great Tree Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, I can see it all in my head, that would have ben awesome to be there! Makes me wish I was a little more social in those days, I always seemed to miss out on the fun events like that... Crying or Very sad

~Rils
Explorer
Explorer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Quote:
4) Is he not glowing in your relto? In the City?

I believe he was glowing in my Relto but no in Ae'gura.

After thinking about this more I believe that the glow around Phil went away after he finally stopped moving around and I was able to present him with my Relto book.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Great Tree Forum Index -> The Story of The Great Tree All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 2 of 10

Jump to: