The Great Tree Forum Index The Great Tree
still kickin'

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Poster ListPoster List   Member ListMember List  UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Links:   great tree   uru live   uru obsession   drc site  

Documentaries:    learn the story of the great tree

Can Archive of D'ni Restoration and TGT work together?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
JohnLynch
Veteran Explorer
Veteran Explorer

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 10:23 pm    Post subject: Can Archive of D'ni Restoration and TGT work together? Reply with quote

Hey, all.

I just discovered the Great Tree website and I saw that you have the beginning of an archive for the restoration of D'ni yourselves here. I thought perhaps you might be interested in either hosting a website of mine to supplement your work or somehow combine the two websites. My website was just for archiving information involved in the restoration of D'ni, and had things like:
* Chat logs with DRC members, Resengs and other such people.
* Area approval info. You can find out at what phase Ahnonay was in on the 30th of December, 2003. Or you can find out that the KI Dispenser in Gahreesen, Zone I became functional in March of 2003.
* Forum posts. So you can see what the reseng Nikto had to say in many of his/her posts in 2002 (which are no longer online).
* History - so you can find out what news posts were made on the DRC website back in 2002-2004 (which are also no longer online).
* Books written by the DRC from Uru (doesn't yet have anything from the expansion packs, but has more then what you've got so far Wink).
* KI messages - See that picture Sharper sent to Brian while on Yeesha's journey, or the top 10 Heek scores from the 24th of November 2003.
* Other messages including Zandi's fax from 2002 in the beginning of the preafter plot.

To have a look at the index page you can go here but it's currently offline so links work (has been offline for a year or two now, I've been working on updating it and relaunching it).

I e-mailed Brian about hosting it to either be in place of some of TGT's information or to supplement each other. And he was open to the idea and said I should post here to see if we can't co-ordinate something.

I think our our websites could suplement each other a lot, because the sort of things on my website what can't be put on it is:
* A timeline of D'ni's history
* Information gathered from various sources about Ri'Neref
* Information gathered from various sources about Ahnonay.

Instead what my website is suitable for is a timeline of the restoration of D'ni, a book written by one of the Resengs on Ri'Neref. Introductory information about Ahnonay with detailed information on it's restoration.

Whereas TGT currently has the D'ni encyclopedia and can have detailed information about Ahnonay and Ri'Neref. So rather then you waste time trying to gather the information about the Restoration, and I waste my time by making a new site for detailed information about D'ni, we can either combine our two websites somehow, or have them running seperately but as sort of sister sites.

What do people think?
Cycreim
Great Tree Officer
Great Tree Officer

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JohnLynch, what's your stance on the DRC?
JohnLynch
Veteran Explorer
Veteran Explorer

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was pro-DRC (as in listen to the DRC and go only to places they approve) but with the revelations from the expansion packs, I actually feel somewhat betrayed by them (it appears they've been secretly using Bahro stones while telling us they're not safe), so I'm not too sure. At the moment I am open to listening to what Yeesha has to say (although I do think she's a raving lunatic Razz) and if she has something to show me, I'm willing to have a look. Although I'm not a supporter of what Douglas Sharper has done in the past (which Brian was, still is? Was the Great Tree supportive of him? Are they still?) and I doubt I ever will be. But despite that I can get behind one of your stances
Quote:
In the spirit of cooperation, we share with all Explorers, regardless of station, affiliation or persuasion, our knowledge of the past and hope to provide an active role in the present and a voice in deciding the future.
So while I might disagree with y'all stance on the DRC, Sharper, Yeesha and everything else, I am more then happy and willing to work with y'all in sharing knowledge regardless of what people think or believe Smile
Cycreim
Great Tree Officer
Great Tree Officer

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JohnLynch wrote:
(although I do think she's a raving lunatic Razz)

Nevermind. Smile

Yeah I don't know how much we can do to help you out, personally, although I'm just some guy. Your site covers a lot of the stuff ours doesn't. For the sake of cohesiveness I think it would make a lot of sense to have all the chat logs in one place, but I do think we'd like to keep whatever content (KI chat logs included) that we feel pertain to our group here on our website. Just to have them handy. I don't see a problem with them being duplicated, though.

On a tangent... you remind me of the way I was, when I first came to the Cavern. Happy to dig your hands into the flesh of the earth as deep as you can. Things change, though, man. Keep an eye out for us.

And keep an eye out for Phil too.
brian
Fearless Leader
Fearless Leader

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just for clarification, the Great Tree was founded by us, with the support of Sharper. We're looking forward to his return to the Cavern... as well as Yeesha's.

I think you'll find (especially as the re-launch of Live gets closer) that posting here regularly could cause you some trouble if you ever decided to work with the DRC again. Just fair warning. Cool

Sorry I didn't mention all of this when you emailed me, I guess I just assumed...

JohnLynch
Veteran Explorer
Veteran Explorer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cycreim wrote:
On a tangent... you remind me of the way I was, when I first came to the Cavern. Happy to dig your hands into the flesh of the earth as deep as you can. Things change, though, man. Keep an eye out for us.
Thanks Smile

Cycreim wrote:
And keep an eye out for Phil too.
:suspicious:

brian wrote:
I think you'll find (especially as the re-launch of Live gets closer) that posting here regularly could cause you some trouble if you ever decided to work with the DRC again. Just fair warning. Cool
Well I don't think that's necessarily right, and if it does happen you might see me posting here once in a while Wink

And yeah, I'm still happy to somehow see if we can't work out our websites together, but I'm happy to not as well Smile
JohnLynch
Veteran Explorer
Veteran Explorer

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seeings how this didn't work out I've gone and put my website elsewhere. You can find it here. Although do be warned I'm still updating it so things might like a little strange while I'm in the middle of doing so.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Great Tree Forum Index -> D'ni Research All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: