The Great Tree Forum Index The Great Tree
still kickin'

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Poster ListPoster List   Member ListMember List  UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Links:   great tree   uru live   uru obsession   drc site  

Documentaries:    learn the story of the great tree

Joining the Great Tree

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Great Tree Forum Index -> Neighborhood
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lord Chaos
Great Tree Member
Great Tree Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 2:42 pm    Post subject: Joining the Great Tree Reply with quote

Somewhere around here was a thread wherein Professor Askew and I had a brief discussion about how people could join the Great Tree. I've searched in every way I can think of and haven't been able to find them, so I'll just have to start from scratch.

I'm not sure the Great Tree was ever a membership organization. Still, it's a group of people collected around an idea, and the idea appeals to others. With New Live coming up, there will soon be more explorers wandering around and wondering what it's about.

The Great Tree story is subtle and takes time to learn. I'm not sure exactly how you'd find like-minded explorers but I'm sure they'll pop up regularly. They might just want an opportunity to identify with the present company, and go more deeply into the ideas.
Durin Mephit
Great Tree Officer
Great Tree Officer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The original discussion was relocated to another forum, apparently without the realization that you do not have access to that particular forum.

Hmmm.

We've got a small irony here, that the Great Tree is about openness and not hiding things... exploration without boundaries... and yet we are evaluating others for membership status. But being open doesn't mean being overtrusting; an idea about openness must unfortunately be defended against those who preach for closedness, and the last thing you'd want to do is hand your playbook to those who seek to undermine your cause.

Our group believes that division among explorers is inevitable. There will be too many explorers for us to all remain on the same common ground all the time. Issues will arise where people will disagree on the best course of action. When the Great Tree chooses a stance on an issue, we want to be certain that all of us stand together as a whole. We do not want ourselves to be internally divided. And standing with us... that may mean being excluded from other groups. In some ways this is already reflected in Uru, the game; you cannot wear a greeter's shirt and Yeesha's shirt at the same time. Although you may embrace both, you must choose which aspect you reflect the most. We think that there will be deeper choices to make in Uru than just a piece of clothing... choices that will have consequences.

Last edited by Durin Mephit on Thu Sep 07, 2006 3:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Professor Askew
Great Tree Member
Great Tree Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, that's embarassing...especially when you consider the subject....discussing the parameters of joining TGT.....then sticking it in a private forum. Embarassed

Laughing Laughing Laughing Anyhoo, it's public again and located HERE. And I'll lock this one.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Great Tree Forum Index -> Neighborhood All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: