The Great Tree Forum Index The Great Tree
still kickin'

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Poster ListPoster List   Member ListMember List  UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Links:   great tree   uru live   uru obsession   drc site  

Documentaries:    learn the story of the great tree

Episode Four - "The Power of Returning"
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Great Tree Forum Index -> The Story of The Great Tree
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ghaelen
Veteran Explorer
Veteran Explorer

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will be there, and I'll post at CCN. I've talked to a couple other people that might be able to come. RL is finally easing up.
Durin Mephit
Great Tree Officer
Great Tree Officer

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is wonderful news ghaelen.

Need to pick a date where I can meet with you, AnnD, and Malakh at the same time... and anyone else who wants to attend... to cover filmmaking. It would be great for us to work together, presenting our own techniques and knowledge as a roundtable of sorts.
ghaelen
Veteran Explorer
Veteran Explorer

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree, Marten! I have to be careful not to rush and try to do all of those things I've set aside, but I am at least looking "up" from the grindstone for a little while each day.

I have been experiementing with filming in short segments, and have had it in mind to talk to you about fraps settings with the intention of sending you a short video so you could see the quality. I use my laptop, which has a desktop processor (AMD Athlon) but not the highest video card. Still, what I've done doesn't look to bad....

I thought I would film a little today while I'm "standing in" (not official, just for the test of my hardware/software) and then let you look at it at your convenience. I hadn't said anything yet because I know you are very busy and didn't want to sneak a "teaching lesson" onto your plate. Rolling Eyes

Ann and I have talked about this as well. She and Veralun both have filmed, and Ann is a little ahead of me in skill building. Yes, let's meet in the next few weeks and talk about that. I'm still looking around for a video editor to spend some money on, but want to become a bit more versed first -- Veralun walked me through Movie maker and I can cut video with Virtual Dub, so I'm getting the hang of it. I also "get" compression a bit more now. What fun!

See you later today. I hope the server "serves" us well in Live, after multiple people kept getting the boot last night.
Durin Mephit
Great Tree Officer
Great Tree Officer

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks to those who attended for filming Episode 4, scene 3 today.

I now should have all the public footage I need to build the video. It will be a few weeks before it is ready - lots of things going on at the same time.

But, I can start filming for Episode 5 when I don't feel like editing video. Hopefully will do that soon. Smile
Durin Mephit
Great Tree Officer
Great Tree Officer

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Early Ep 4 test - first 2.5 minutes.

http://marten.treeweasel.com/Uru/Ep4Test1.wmv

Lots more to come, this is a longish episode.
Erik
Great Tree Member
Great Tree Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 5:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool! Cool I like the transitions between Phil and the explorers.
Quaxo
Great Tree Member
Great Tree Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks great so far, Marten! No complaints here! Very Happy

KI:671409
Robert The Rebuilder
Explorer
Explorer

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Took a peek at the video. WOW - great stuff! Lots of edits, I'm sure, going in between Phil and the explorers. But all that work makes the video of the dialog quite well paced and interesting. I cannot wait to see the whole episode!

One comment: the date that is flashed said "2006" instead of "2003".
TomahnaGuy
Explorer
Explorer

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Robert The Rebuilder wrote:
One comment: the date that is flashed said "2006" instead of "2003".

LOL yeah I noticed that too! I thought it was intentional! Razz

Great work so far Marten! Very Happy

TG

Then visit http://shard.wonderwedge.org

Very Happy
Durin Mephit
Great Tree Officer
Great Tree Officer

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update:

By this weekend, I will send out a list of script corrections to all translators.

While assembling the films, I reviewed the original recordings to verify the dates... and while doing so, I found a few places in the script where statements have been attributed to the wrong person. I am sure this was accidental, but I will be reviewing future scripts to ensure this does not recur.

To maintain the integrity of these films, these sorts of mix-ups should be avoided. I don't believe the changes altered the spirit or intent of the film... but I have set a very high standard for these productions and I'm not going to bend that standard now. Alterations to things explorers have said must be kept to a bare minimum; I cannot let two different persons' words be placed into the mouth of one.

PS: Date has been corrected. Thanks Robert and others!
Durin Mephit
Great Tree Officer
Great Tree Officer

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Emergency" filming session today

If you don't mind having an uncredited role in Episode 4 and can assist me in reworking a small scene around 2pm Pacific time, PM me.
Moiety Jean
First Lady of the Great Tree

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marten wrote:
Update:

By this weekend, I will send out a list of script corrections to all translators.

While assembling the films, I reviewed the original recordings to verify the dates... and while doing so, I found a few places in the script where statements have been attributed to the wrong person. I am sure this was accidental, but I will be reviewing future scripts to ensure this does not recur.

To maintain the integrity of these films, these sorts of mix-ups should be avoided. I don't believe the changes altered the spirit or intent of the film... but I have set a very high standard for these productions and I'm not going to bend that standard now. Alterations to things explorers have said must be kept to a bare minimum; I cannot let two different persons' words be placed into the mouth of one.

PS: Date has been corrected. Thanks Robert and others!

Sorry... Jeez.. :/

KI#44727
"There is a certain beautiful danger when a group of geeks get together to entertain themselves." ~Orin Drake
ghaelen
Veteran Explorer
Veteran Explorer

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marten, you posted at CCN that you needed help with a few last-minute tasks. If you can either post here to clarify, or pm me, I'll be happy to do what I can. I have some time this evening and Wednesday.
Durin Mephit
Great Tree Officer
Great Tree Officer

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MJ: If you have an issue with what I wrote above, I'd appreciate the opportunity to discuss it privately.

ghaelen: All I need is feedback.
Moiety Jean

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's your project, and I'm not really around anymore anyway, so no, there's really no issue. I just felt pelted by your tone. /shrug

KI#44727
"There is a certain beautiful danger when a group of geeks get together to entertain themselves." ~Orin Drake
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Great Tree Forum Index -> The Story of The Great Tree All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 12 of 14

Jump to: